I love when the crowd gets into the fight

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Was watching the Brook-GGG fight again. Watch the crowd everytime Brook lands pretty much anything. Any other crowds you guys can think of that are this passionate during the fight? Best crowds ever?

Was watching the Brook-GGG fight again. Watch the crowd everytime Brook lands something big. Any other crowds you guys can think of that are this passionate during the fight?

Most Ricky Hatton fights.

UK crowds for the most part tend to be right into things, which is great. The following is one of the better crowd reactions I've heard in recent years, especially the sing-along at about the 2:20 mark;

I liked this crowd reaction a lot too when I first watched it;

Dillian Whyte vs Chisora recently was a good one. Chisora was the bad guy in round one, by the 8/9th round, they were singing his name.

Agreed it makes fights so much better. It sounds like your watching some gladiator shit.

Was watching the Brook-GGG fight again. Watch the crowd everytime Brook lands pretty much anything. Any other crowds you guys can think of that are this passionate during the fight? Best crowds ever?

Puerto Rican day parade weekend Cotto fights.

Most Ricky Hatton fights.

Hatton fans remain the coolest I've been around. At his fight with Mayweather they were buyong rounds and we're really easy going. They were enjoying themselves.

That's what got me too.
Watching them go wild and cheer after I think Round 2, got me excited.
Fight was great, but the crowd made it even better.

boxing is huge over here, and when a fighter hits the mainstream, the support they get is impressive

Hatton fans remain the coolest I've been around. At his fight with Mayweather they were buyong rounds and we're really easy going. They were enjoying themselves.

Mancunians are a good bunch in general, I'm glad to hear you met some well behaved Brits abroad

Best crowd I ever experienced was in Cancun, Mexico, for what should've been (but unfortunately wasn't) Shane Mosley's last fight.

Ninth round against homeboy Pablo Cesar Cano, Mosley's tired & getting outboxed, suddenly he lands a big left hook & Cano wobbles. The crowd (locals to a man/woman/urchin) stand up as one & a couple thousand people start chanting in unison:

"A-Zoo-KAH! A-Zooo-KAH! A-Zooo-KAH!"

Took me a second to work out that that was Spanish for "Sugar" (or, you know, the phonetic rendering of same).

Mosley came back & won the fight. Fuckin' loved it.

Boxing crowds: you can be partisan, fucked-up, even racist at times. But sometimes, the love of fight people for fighters shines through & then it's all fuckin' gravy.

A lot of boxing fan over here are also football fans as well, so crowd participation is pretty much 2nd nature. We're no more passionate, it's more a cultural thing

Mancunians are a good bunch in general, I'm glad to hear you met some well behaved Brits abroad

Yeah ain't that the truth!

In all fairness Hatton fans could be from anywhere. Exciting fighter and very charismatic; I've not met any British boxing fan that didn't like him. Mancs are a decent lot as well. Spent a lot of time up there in my younger days

UK boxing is good for the sports. they hype boxers I could give two shits about but the crowds are nice. you get fighters like ricky burns who clearly lose a fight and escape with the belt though. boxing numbers and opinions in the uk are usually better.

most UK experts had ward beating kovalev too. just a diffrent way of seeing a close fight than hbo

I respect the fuck out of the UK boxing scene. They are everything right in boxing right now.

liquids of the masses as they feast upon the wines of chaos. The delirium is the primal musk that lingers the arena where mastication takes place. Allow your primitive presuppositions to grip your dendrites with such tightness that the pulsations throb with profound dignity as you consume the legendary fleshes placed upon us for the sacrifice of the Nexus.

Look at your fellow men deep in their eyes as you share the intimacy of the disorder all around you...

I like the quiet crowds where you can hear the punches landing, last one I saw was Golovkin vs Mehdi Bouadla

Last edited:
Froch vs Bute the crowd was great also, no surprise they were UK fans.

Back