I love going out and getting drunk

And then you sober up and are reminded that alcohol can only fill the void momentarily. Or is that just me.
Nope, being with friends fills the void, not the alcohol. When you sober up, the good moments should linger. At least with me.

I don't care if it makes us sound juvenile. I just love being outside, being drunk (not totally fucked up), listening to bad music (which suddendly turns into great music), and chatting with friends, just like you.

I'm not an alcoholic. I only drink on weekends, I don't even have alcohol in my house. I think it's a bit sad drinking alone at home, while watching sports. But fuck it, being drunk with friends is awesome.

Yeah I never drink alone, I don't really keep booze around the house either unless I have some left over from a house party or other kind of gathering

I love how I said I have fun going out and drinking and this thread turned into people telling me "you are going to die slowly, screaming in pain"

Last edited:
In Chicago, it's a past time for a 20 something to hit the bars all weekend and get shit faced and not remember all of it what happened the next day. Pretty sad really. Be overworked and stressed all week just to piss away a ton of money in a bar two days in a row and be hungover the next day.

I don't miss those days.

I actually like this one better and the regular Modelo. Lot of folks prefer the negra but I'm a simple man who only needs a simple beer.
Regular Modelo and Heineken is the best beers made, fuck the hipster IPA's that taste like im drinking bread.

I used to like going out and getting drunk to near black out levels and sometimes even beyond but those days have passed for the most part. I'm now 33 and I've noticed when I get drunk now the next day is hell on earth. The last time I got pretty drunk was at a block party last Saturday which turned out to be somewhat embarrassing. Said I'd only have one vodka screwball which was a lie because I ended up having like I think 4-5 if not a little more and I'm only 135 lbs and it wasn't like I had them over the course of the night, I had them all within like a 2 hour time span. Ended up getting pretty badly drunk and according to my friends I was pretty happy for the most part until I was sitting inside and started crying out of nowhere and said I wanted to kill myself. I somewhat remember getting home, remember taking a shower but don't remember puking into the toilet.

Ended up getting a call from one of them the next day and they asked if I was ok because they were worried about my mental state. I told them everything was fine which it somewhat was. I just been a little bit down as of recently (Nothing that I need to worry about) and I guess the alcohol just amplified that ten fold. The fucking kicker in regards to the whole thing, I woke up the next day with a very slight headache that I didn't even need to take anything for. Shockingly I wasn't hungover and I usually am at my age. But yeah this fills my drinking quota for awhile now.

I enjoy it, but I have come realized I can't hold my alcohol. Got invited to a party a week ago, despite saying I'll lay off the booze (near 5 months), not wanting to be the odd cat that doesn't drink I went in. And being out of it for a long time, it spiraled.

My social circle are pretty much all fighters and recreational grapplers, so we're all naturally very scrapping and its all good, its fun even if it gets kinda cray. Problem was this party.... was not with fighters, and I ended up RNC'ing, blast doubling, and clinch kneeing people. Doubled a dude and thought he'd know how to fall.... dude didn't.

Gotta lay off the alc for good. Kinda realized why the chick a few months back bailed.
<{danayeah}>

I like to drink, but I don't like being drunk.
Luckily for me, i have a very high tolerance to alcohol. I can drink beer or whiskey all day and be fine, but Vodka or wine can kill me. Unfortunately, even if i don't drink enough to get drunk, i will still suffer from bad hangovers if i didn't prepare my body for drinking properly. (Hydration and not drinking on an empty stomach )

I like to sip on a good whiskey, or an old fashioned and chat the night away with friends or randoms. Also love playing a game of darts or stupid drinking games. Never gets old

In Chicago, it's a past time for a 20 something to hit the bars all weekend and get shit faced and not remember all of it what happened the next day. Pretty sad really. Be overworked and stressed all week just to piss away a ton of money in a bar two days in a row and be hungover the next day.

I don't miss those days.
With all of the exaggerations considered (getting shitfaced and not remembering everything), Chicago sounds like a boring place tbh.

I don't miss those days.

yeah, that is what i let go of long ago. still go out on the weekends, but it's more day-drinking and getting home early nowadays. just turned thirty-seven. i can't do that shit anymore.

With all of the exaggerations considered (getting shitfaced and not remembering everything), Chicago sounds like a boring place tbh.
In the winter it can be. There's nothing else to do but get drunk most of the time. There are a lot of theaters and concerts indoors though.

Spring and Summer is a lot better, because people actually go out.

Although it always seems like it, you'll never find the answers you're looking for in a bottle of booze. Anyway, get a flask and save some $$ on those drinks.

This thread makes me happy

Even the death-by-liver stuff

you die by liver, you died via having a good time too many times

There are worse ways to die IMO

Right @Clippy

@Clippy gonna die the same way as me, too many good times for one body

Yeah, try going through liver cancer and then list the ways to die that are worse. Yeah, there are some, but not a whole lot.

I wrote the following post in foul mood and felt like trolling. Bare that in mind, drinking is great fun and people are interesting. I didn't post and just came back to find the draft still there, so in the spirit of honesty, here it is:

Working as a babysitter, looking after drunks I can say that there are 3 indicators that you have an issue. By issue, I don't mean with drink, I mean with life.

1 you're out every weekend, you don't enjoy your day to day and need the weekend to give your life meaning, the meaning being escape from a shitty life.

2 you're out drinking past 1:30am, all those with family or commitments need sleep to be at their best for what they really value. When they leave the venue the remainder are a sorry bunch.

3 you're older. People who succeed (see point 2) drop off the scene as time goes by. The young are still putting shit together, still looking for a mate, if you're doing that later in life it's not great news.

I very much enjoy the feeling of beong all hammered and laughing with pals. It's enough to make everything else in life worth living through. Even just talking to random people and laughing and joking.It always seems to go well. I just love this shit. Fucking talking and drinking, until it ain't possible anymore. Until the bar says go. What age does this have to end? When am I supposed to give this up? I don't want too

I see guys in their 60s in bars all the time. There is no age which it must stop. What's important is you don't get drunk and drive or do something stupid to yourself or others.

Back