I love going out and getting drunk

That's the worst kind because you end up feeling like utter shit in the middle of the day.

I start slamming coconut water and red bulls, I also try to sweat as much of it out as possible.

I used to just throw up at the end of the night when I was going too hard to avoid a hangover.

The worst, most destructive drug around that everyone has been socialized to believe is great.

Most people never step away from it long enough after starting to realize how negatively it affects them.

I have fun with it now but tbh my personal nightmare is getting stuck doing that for the rest of my life.

The worst, most destructive drug around that everyone has been socialized to believe is great.

Most people never step away from it long enough after starting to realize how negatively it affects them.
Most don't realize how detrimental it is until they do something stupid that affects their everyday life.

What I don't get is how people have gotten so drunk they've forgotten shit. I've been drunk af (and high to boot on a couple of occasions) and I can still recall everything the previous night. I've been throw up drunk maybe three times in my life and one time sleepwalked butt naked in a hotel hallway at 3am thanks to going to bed drunk while on xanax - and judging by how wasted I was, I think if I'd drank any more than that I'd be dead. So I don't get the concept of black out drunk. Or maybe I just pay too much attention to everything.

Nonetheless, drinking is only truly fun for maybe the first hour for me. Anything after that is just my drunk self telling me it's fun. I'm working to rid my life of it completely.

Last edited:
I don't understand how you guys enjoy the next day. Low energy + headaches are no fun.
Got schwasted last night, heckled an MLB farm teams batters until the bullpen yelled at us, they even created a mascot to heckle us back.

Drank more after the game. Slept in, woke up, went to the gym for some good lifting. No headaches, no low energy. Key is always plenty of water before and after.

What I don't get is how people have gotten so drunk they've forgotten shit. I've been drunk af (and high to boot on a couple of occasions) and I can still recall everything the previous night. I've been throw up drunk maybe three times in my life and one time sleepwalked butt naked in a hotel hallway at 3am thanks to going to bed drunk while on xanax - and judging by how wasted I was, I think if I'd drank any more than that I'd be dead. So I don't get the concept of black out drunk. Or maybe I just pay too much attention to everything.

Nonetheless, drinking is only truly fun for maybe the first hour for me. Anything after that is just my drunk self telling me it's fun. I'm working to rid my life of it completely.

It's similar to a shopworn fighter losing his chin after too many KOs. Blackouts get worse for drunks over time. I used to get shitfaced and remember all of it. Then it turned into bits and pieces. Eventually, when I got drunk it became like a light switch going off in my brain and everything would go dark. I'd be out and functional with people having no idea that I was blacked out, but the next day there'd just be hours of my life that were completely blank.

People only have so much drinking in them that they can do before it becomes increasingly detrimental.

I love to get high and stay in... I've almost forgotten what the outside world looks like. I even heard they let woman vote now.

Last edited:
you die by liver, you died via having a good time too many times

There are worse ways to die IMO

Not many. Have you ever seen an alcoholic go down hill?

It's long, slow and excruciatingly painful.

I have fun with it now but tbh my personal nightmare is getting stuck doing that for the rest of my life.

And they all started out with the same attitude as the OP . Fast forward 10 years and 25 lbs later , and party boy comes off a little different.

Yes I have seen that. Seen a lot of people die various ways. My uncle had ALS, that's always the one that scares me most.

I fucking hate hangovers, but the good part is you having an excuse to stay home all day, order some pizza and enjoy video games/movies.

The future is scary, no doubt.

I fucking hate hangovers, but the good part is you having an excuse to stay home all day, order some pizza and enjoy video games/movies.

The best. Without a hangover I'd have the urge to actually do something. Fuck that.

It's similar to a shopworn fighter losing his chin after too many KOs. Blackouts get worse for drunks over time. I used to get shitfaced and remember all of it. Then it turned into bits and pieces. Eventually, when I got drunk it became like a light switch going off in my brain and everything would go dark. I'd be out and functional with people having no idea that I was blacked out, but the next day there'd just be hours of my life that were completely blank.

People only have so much drinking in them that they can do before it becomes increasingly detrimental.

Haven't they even done research on this more or less confirming the "blackouts get worse" theory? I definitely had too many blackouts already and this is concerning. But still, as long as you get drunk instead of completely shitfaced, the blackout doesn't occur, so I'm still good haha.

I think you barely know how it feels to be really drunk, dude. Not that that's a bad thing.

Last edited:
I'm basically ok the next day if I drink 6 beers or less. I will normally lift that morning and I feel 100%. If I'm drinking more than 6, I typically make sure I have time for a nap the next day. It's normally Saturday night and on Sunday I run a bunch of errands in the morning and nap after lunch. Once I wake up, I feel great.

It's good to let loose once in a while

With kids though you've got to be ready when they wake up

I went out last night and am so hungover.

I am working at a hospital today and am just sitting here with my head on this communal desk. I have not eaten or even had coffee yet today.

moderation is key. if you really need to escape, maybe skip a night of drinking for a night of getting high. a bowl before bed is always nice.

you need to balance it out with some healthy shit.

Going out with buddies, catching a buzz and flirting with chicks all night never goes out of style.

It's like apple pie and 4th of July.

I very much enjoy the feeling of beong all hammered and laughing with pals. It's enough to make everything else in life worth living through. Even just talking to random people and laughing and joking.It always seems to go well. I just love this shit. Fucking talking and drinking, until it ain't possible anymore. Until the bar says go. What age does this have to end? When am I supposed to give this up? I don't want too
I don't care if it makes us sound juvenile. I just love being outside, being drunk (not totally fucked up), listening to bad music (which suddendly turns into great music), and chatting with friends, just like you.

I'm not an alcoholic. I only drink on weekends, I don't even have alcohol in my house. I think it's a bit sad drinking alone at home, while watching sports. But fuck it, being drunk with friends is awesome.

Last edited:
Back