I lost respect for Josh Emmett after this

So you didn't lose respect for Josh after he missed weight for his last fight, but when he goes by the rules and his opponent doesn't, that makes you lose respect for him? <3>

He should be appealing. The rules in MMA are treated like a fucking joke and even more so when people turn into apologists for fighters intending to land illegal strikes.

I'm not sure what this means..
"thats such a politician scumback excuse of a move. "

It's funny to read the TS original post, and then hear him say "Should have styaed classy"

You are going to make me break out my old Pride dvds. In the first Vovchanchyn vs Kerr fight you had it where the rules got changed up and Igor threw an illegal knee so it ended in a nc are you telling me Kerr did that to get a dq win? Then there is Wand vs Saku 1 with knees to the back of the head when Saku is turtling the back of the head shit still happened in Pride and refs didn't care about Japanese fighters. Having the Pride vs UFC rules because you think fighter are trying to get DQ win is messed you're pretty sadistic. Emmett didn't take those two elbows before the knee while trying to draw a foul. The only time I've seen fighters do that is the lifting and dropping their hand with the old three point rule.

Those don't seem like great examples to me, a fight that didn't actually have full Pride rules and a fight on the first card with full Pride rules, even then I think those Wanderlei knees were coming more from the side rather than hitting the back of the head. Throwing knees allows you do target someone turtling without hitting the back of the head as they come in in level with the canvas from the front/side.

Again go back and watch Pride and you'll see that the VAST majority of the time rocked fighters fall back to open guard. This idea that fighters are dropping to the turtle just because its an automatic reaction to being hurt simply isn't true for me, most of the time its a decision looking to exploit the rules for defence. I mean I'm not being critical of individual fighters, there working within the rules as they exist doing their best to win but I don't think its a safe situation not to mention a very unrealistic one for a sport looking to get as close to true NHB combat as is safe.

Last edited:
He was getting taken out either way after he got dropped. Fuck all this appeal bullshit. It's a fight shit happens. The ref didn't do anything to stop it. Elbows were incidental, knee barely grazed, blah blah move on.

well I guess being called a fanboy is better then being called a retard so I'll take it.
I wouldn’t call you that. But you’re posts have been extremely biased. We all do it when it comes to fighters we enjoy watching though lol

agree with pretty much all of that. the back of the head thing is almost a lost cause (as OP says), the head moves too much during GnP and it's pretty hard to enforce the rule while being fair to all. nothing there to appeal really.

Emmett had an illegal knee thrown at him and got an elbow to the back of his head but its his fault for getting himself into that position and I lost respect for him. A true warrior doesn't care if someone tries to cheat against them, they just take it, internalize it until it builds up and lash out at a random time as an over reaction to something. Life isn't fair , man up and internalize it because you'll lose respect if you complain.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Re...ss-to-Jeremy-Stephens-at-UFC-on-Fox-28-132589

Really, hes planning to appeal the loss? Give me a fucking break, thats such a politician scumback excuse of a move. What is he saying? That the knee that at best, grazed his head put him out? Even though we know its not true and its debated even now after replays and that there is no way a ref could OR should make that call LIVE when we cant decide after replays?

Or even better excuse, the what? 2 elbows that were illegal that virtually every fighter gets hit by because they give up the back of the head when they curl up while the fighter is trying to GnP and expect what? Free 5 minutes time out because you moved your head while the guy is throwing an elbow? which did not end that fight....This is just too petty to try to overturn, there simply was not enough of ANYTHING illegal to over turn this fight and im sad that a top tier fighter is trying this after being beaten.

Should of just stayed classy, given Stephens props and came back stronger, this just shows what kind of victim excuse mentality he has, its def not of a champion, in my eyes, i think he loses respect over this.
I mean in his defense it was probably influenced by his camp more then anything

lol horrible horrible comparison lol man sherdog is full of some retards

<TrumpWrong1>

fake news

its a great comparison.... the best comparisson

from a really stable genius

you bring no rebuttal... only criticism, you got nothing

<TrumpWrong1>

fake news

its a great comparison.... the best comparisson

from a really stable genius

you bring no rebuttal... only criticism, you got nothing
lol I'm assuming your trolling? correct me if I'm wrong here and you didn't just go full retard? if so ill gladly explain why your so fucking stupid. if not carry on with your fake news

lol I'm assuming your trolling? correct me if I'm wrong here and you didn't just go full retard? if so ill gladly explain why your so fucking stupid. if not carry on with your fake news
keep dodging

LOL

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Re...ss-to-Jeremy-Stephens-at-UFC-on-Fox-28-132589

Really, hes planning to appeal the loss? Give me a fucking break, thats such a politician scumback excuse of a move. What is he saying? That the knee that at best, grazed his head put him out? Even though we know its not true and its debated even now after replays and that there is no way a ref could OR should make that call LIVE when we cant decide after replays?

Or even better excuse, the what? 2 elbows that were illegal that virtually every fighter gets hit by because they give up the back of the head when they curl up while the fighter is trying to GnP and expect what? Free 5 minutes time out because you moved your head while the guy is throwing an elbow? which did not end that fight....This is just too petty to try to overturn, there simply was not enough of ANYTHING illegal to over turn this fight and im sad that a top tier fighter is trying this after being beaten.

Should of just stayed classy, given Stephens props and came back stronger, this just shows what kind of victim excuse mentality he has, its def not of a champion, in my eyes, i think he loses respect over this.

People wanted to overturn Ponzi win over Gunnar for one eyes poke 1 minute before the ko.

And you complain about Emmet who was finished by 2 illegals elbows to the back of the head and a knee to the head in the ground???? dude has a case.

1507078056361.png

Last edited:
The knee came down on the back of the head. He has a case. Don't really care tho.

keep dodging

LOL
ok so you did go full retard. lol no, you shooting a gun at someone isn't the same as throwing a knee in an mma match. not even almost. The knee is still legal if it lands on the shoulder or anywhere else.

Honestly cant believe that needs explaining, you are a special kind of dumb

everyone knows the appeal will go nowhere...and it isn't about the loss on a record...everyone knows that means nothing. does anyone really believe Fedor "lost" to Kohsaka? did it hurt his career? fuck no.

maybe Josh is just angry...or maybe he really does feel that there is some injustice that needs to be addressed...but I would suggest that it is less about the appeal having any real chance of succeeding and more about Emmett rationalizing the loss in his head in order to come back strong.

for many people, it is easier to deal with a negative event if they can attribute it to some external factors, rather than have to accept personal responsibility for it. in this case, being able to attribute the loss to illegal strikes could be psychologically very different than having to accept that you simply got KTFO.

we see this all the time when guys say "he was the better guy tonight"...i.e. 'I still believe that I'm better than him, but he just managed to win this one time'.

i reckon the dude is rocking a serious concussion right now, might wanna give him space and keep him away from bright lights and sharp objects for a few days

Back