I lost respect for Josh Emmett after this

The knee was blatantly illegal. Whether it landed or not is irrelevant.

I think the bigger issue were the two huge elbows to the back of the head. Either way its not going to get overturned. I cant recall a single instance where an appeal went through.

Shut the fuck up. You're the worst person in the world the best part of you ran down your mom's ass.

The knee was illegal. This isn't a debate.

It should be over turned.

But.

It also shouldn't slow down Jeremy, he was a killer last night

Haha, you’re actually kind of funny! Please, tell me another...

Here's someone who was grazed by a bullet, at best.

izzyblue-bullet.jpg

Here's someone who was grazed by a kick, at best.

UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd3-2a-realtime-side-KO-400-sg.gif

Here is a cow who was grazing, at best.

giphy.gif

That cow gif is the best.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Re...ss-to-Jeremy-Stephens-at-UFC-on-Fox-28-132589

Really, hes planning to appeal the loss? Give me a fucking break, thats such a politician scumback excuse of a move. What is he saying? That the knee that at best, grazed his head put him out? Even though we know its not true and its debated even now after replays and that there is no way a ref could OR should make that call LIVE when we cant decide after replays?

Or even better excuse, the what? 2 elbows that were illegal that virtually every fighter gets hit by because they give up the back of the head when they curl up while the fighter is trying to GnP and expect what? Free 5 minutes time out because you moved your head while the guy is throwing an elbow? which did not end that fight....This is just too petty to try to overturn, there simply was not enough of ANYTHING illegal to over turn this fight and im sad that a top tier fighter is trying this after being beaten.

Should of just stayed classy, given Stephens props and came back stronger, this just shows what kind of victim excuse mentality he has, its def not of a champion, in my eyes, i think he loses respect over this.
He did give him "props" on social media.. but reality is Jeremy threw the knee on purpose, nor is it the first time he's done it.. Frankie Edgar fight is just one example. Knee landed, however one wants to look at it and in doing so, it was illegal. It's a career for Emmett, not some weekend tv event like it is for those not comprehending the reality of it all.

Unfortunately for Josh Emmett, nobody really cares and nobody is going to overturn it.

Boy, bye
You cared enough to click on a thread about him, then took the time to reply in it and about him..

Josh who?..

Oh sorry i was just imitating how his appeal is going to be received by the althetic commission..

He's entitled to appeal.

I don't like the grounded opponent rule, but if you and I agree to compete under a specific set of rules then that's what it is, and if you break that agreement then you don't deserve to win.

And the knee landed - on the way up as well as down. Emmet's head deleted away and downward because Stephens pulled the head down as he threw the knee.

The thing I hope this appeal clears up is:-
Did the referee get the rule wrong when he explained it to the fighters in the locker room or is Stephens a dumbarse and not remember knees down means a grounded opponent?

It's confusing enough having different rules in different states but if the ref is giving the fighters wrong instructions that's a pretty serious issue. I've got a feeling it's Stephens who got it wrong having confusion over the rules at this level of the sport is pretty embarrassing.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Re...ss-to-Jeremy-Stephens-at-UFC-on-Fox-28-132589

Really, hes planning to appeal the loss? Give me a fucking break, thats such a politician scumback excuse of a move. What is he saying? That the knee that at best, grazed his head put him out? Even though we know its not true and its debated even now after replays and that there is no way a ref could OR should make that call LIVE when we cant decide after replays?

Or even better excuse, the what? 2 elbows that were illegal that virtually every fighter gets hit by because they give up the back of the head when they curl up while the fighter is trying to GnP and expect what? Free 5 minutes time out because you moved your head while the guy is throwing an elbow? which did not end that fight....This is just too petty to try to overturn, there simply was not enough of ANYTHING illegal to over turn this fight and im sad that a top tier fighter is trying this after being beaten.

Should of just stayed classy, given Stephens props and came back stronger, this just shows what kind of victim excuse mentality he has, its def not of a champion, in my eyes, i think he loses respect over this.

I'm sure he's devastated

Lets see you get in the octagon you fat nerd

I lost respect for you for making this thread for no other reason but to denigrate and insult those with a different opinion than you. So Emmett trains like a madman, sacrifices himself, enters the octagon and fights his heart out. He then is on the receiving end of a questionable strike and therefore has grounds for an appeal. But you, who sits on your fat ass all day most likely, now has the gall and temerity to exclaim what a pussy he is and is no longer deserving of your respect? Who the fuck do you think you are, boy? Do you think your respect actually carries any currency with anybody besides your assistant manager and a couple of your friends? Think about your thread and write Emmett an apology letter or I shall smite you again with my words.
1490052852057s.jpg

Grazed or direct hit, it’s illegal. He has grounds for an appeal, but it won’t change the decision.

this all makes sense now. You’re a fanboy and defending your guy to the death. I actually kinda respect the loyalty.
well I guess being called a fanboy is better then being called a retard so I'll take it.

The elbows situation to me actually highlights why Pride like rules are potentially safer. If you know you can eat soccer kicks and knees you just don't put yourself in position to take them unless your so far gone that the ref calls the fight quickly. With the unifed rules though fighters aren't protecting themselves, there actually presenting the vunerable backs of their heads to opponents trying to draw a foul.

Think back to Pride and how many times did we see someone take shots in the back of the head? honestly nothing comes to mind because hurt fighters dropped back to open guard almost all of the time.

I mean perhaps you could avoid soccer kicks but knees at least would mean that turtling stopped plus of course would avoid situations with them being legal/illegal, again were fighters look to the rules for defence rather than actually defending themselves(always the best and safest situation to have).

The elbows situation to me actually highlights why Pride like rules are potentially safer. If you know you can eat soccer kicks and knees you just don't put yourself in position to take them unless your so far gone that the ref calls the fight quickly. With the unifed rules though fighters aren't protecting themselves, there actually presenting the vunerable backs of their heads to opponents trying to draw a foul.

Think back to Pride and how many times did we see someone take shots in the back of the head? honestly nothing comes to mind because hurt fighters dropped back to open guard almost all of the time.

I mean perhaps you could avoid soccer kicks but knees at least would mean that turtling stopped plus of course would avoid situations with them being legal/illegal, again were fighters look to the rules for defence rather than actually defending themselves(always the best and safest situation to have).
You are going to make me break out my old Pride dvds. In the first Vovchanchyn vs Kerr fight you had it where the rules got changed up and Igor threw an illegal knee so it ended in a nc are you telling me Kerr did that to get a dq win? Then there is Wand vs Saku 1 with knees to the back of the head when Saku is turtling the back of the head shit still happened in Pride and refs didn't care about Japanese fighters. Having the Pride vs UFC rules because you think fighter are trying to get DQ win is messed you're pretty sadistic. Emmett didn't take those two elbows before the knee while trying to draw a foul. The only time I've seen fighters do that is the lifting and dropping their hand with the old three point rule.

If i shoot at someone and miss... do i walk away free from court?

mmmmmmmm k

Ifni was emmett i wpuld appeal also.. illegal knee and strikes.. he eas gonna grt knock out anyway mostnlikely because stephens is ruthless finisher but if it wss me utbwouldt sit right..

Back