I lost respect for Josh Emmett after this

The elbows were fine imo. this wouldn’t have been a big deal if Stephens didn’t throw the knee.

somebody should appeal josh emmet being #4 to begin with,him appealing the finishing sequence just shows that he doesnt care and he will probably come overweight again his next fight to rank up. dude is a cheater himself,i dont care

I'd be willing to bet Josh secretly doesn't even want to appeal it, but Team Alpha Male is hyped up and I could see them having the mentality that just accepting the loss is a form of 'weakness'. Some fighters think that way. Like people who make excuses after a loss, it's part of the mental game.

Why not. He has a valid claim. 3 successive strikes after he got dropped were illegal. These fighters put so much on the line. That was a NC but the odds of him to get this turned to NC is slim

Stephens thinks the knee was legal. He is a full on idiot

I love Stephens, one of my favourite fighters of all time, up there with Genki Sudo's entries, and I know you're "in the moment", but how the fuck do you have a brain fade like that and even throw that knee? People on here acting like "it didn't land" is somehow the same as "he threw it but never meant it to land". Weird.

Also, putting Dominick "Most Annoying Fuckwit In The History Of MMA" on the Fox panel with Bisping just makes Bisping seem like a fucking professor and even makes Curt Menefee seem kinda palatable.
Don't wanna derail this already shit-house thread but I hate hate HATE Dominick Cruz and Jon Anik so Much. Put Anik on the panel and sit Bisping next to DC. PLEASE.
The fact that DC reacted to the knee in real time is an indication to me that it looks dodgy in the flesh. Listening to Cruz in the post show again is like nails down the chalkboard. Glad I just decided to skol a Coopers longneck.

When it's all said and done, if Big Dan didn't call it as it happened an appeal ain't gonna do shit but I also don't think people should start shitting on Emmett for exercising his right of appeal.
Irrespective of the controversy, I don't think I have EVER seen anybody as vicious as Stephens when he senses the finish. I love watching him fight and I love his journey from poverty to the big stage. Give this dude a shot at the belt already. I would LOVE to see him give that bloodnut Irish shit sack a dirt nap. Alternatively, get him to cut to 135 and kill Dominick Cruz :)
Just making sure you know stephens and cruz are best friends.

You know, you being a big stephens fan and all

Maybe Stephens shouldn't have thrown that fucking knee.
Maybe emmett shouldn't have gotten knocked on his ass by that left hook

Why doesn't he address what effected the outcome of the fight instead of the knee which did not

Yeah it's pretty weak

Take the L like a man and get on with it

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Re...ss-to-Jeremy-Stephens-at-UFC-on-Fox-28-132589

Really, hes planning to appeal the loss? Give me a fucking break, thats such a politician scumback excuse of a move. What is he saying? That the knee that at best, grazed his head put him out? Even though we know its not true and its debated even now after replays and that there is no way a ref could OR should make that call LIVE when we cant decide after replays?

Or even better excuse, the what? 2 elbows that were illegal that virtually every fighter gets hit by because they give up the back of the head when they curl up while the fighter is trying to GnP and expect what? Free 5 minutes time out because you moved your head while the guy is throwing an elbow? which did not end that fight....This is just too petty to try to overturn, there simply was not enough of ANYTHING illegal to over turn this fight and im sad that a top tier fighter is trying this after being beaten.

Should of just stayed classy, given Stephens props and came back stronger, this just shows what kind of victim excuse mentality he has, its def not of a champion, in my eyes, i think he loses respect over this.

well did u see those elbows or that knee.

it a paper move. hell did many people think it was gone work when tonya+evinger did it and hell it was overturned

I really wish someone would back this up with some proof other then saying go watch the replay or some other smartass remark. I mean there is a gif of the knee missing but none of these "illegal" elbows to the back of the head that would've had way more of an effect on the outcome of the fight then the knee.

the elbows hit the back of his head and josh was still hit on the head when he was a downed fighter.

What you mean by classy? I've been watching him fight before he even made it to the UFC and other then hitting fighters more then he should after they are already done and this knee and the one against Frankie he's not a dirty fighter. Vitor Belfort has knocked Akiyama and Franklin both out with shots to the back of the head that was clearly to the back of the head. Jeremy landed an elbow to the ear and one right behind the ear when Josh turned his head and stopped throwing them when he was face down. It isn't up to interpretation they "elbow" was legal shots just because DC wants to here himself talk doesn't change that.
this all makes sense now. You’re a fanboy and defending your guy to the death. I actually kinda respect the loyalty.

no-one-cares-gif-8.gif

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/jeremy...-at-ufc-on-fox-28-says-nothing-dirty-about-it

Dan Miragliotta came in the back (before the fight). He said this state specifically is under the new (unified) rules,” Stephens told MMAjunkie. “He said if two hands are on the ground, you can lift one hand up and throw a knee.”

So armed with that knowledge, Stephens said when he saw the chance to throw the knee, it wasn’t some poorly timed decision. It was flat-out intentional because he believed it to be a legal move based on what Miragliotta said in advance.

When I rocked him, I waited for an opportunity,” Stephens said. “I was looking for an opportunity to throw the knee – it wasn’t heat of the moment and I’m just throwing stuff, because I’m not a dirty fighter. I never have been. I’m a killer. I looked for the kill, but I do it professionally.

How do you not know the rules when you are a fighter. I can’t wait for him to be brutally put away, legally or illegally

Maybe Josh shouldn’t have dropped his right hand and exposed his chin to the hook in the first place. There’s no pitty for that knee in a fight.

Shut the fuck up. You're the worst person in the world the best part of you ran down your mom's ass.

The knee was illegal. This isn't a debate.

It should be over turned.

But.

It also shouldn't slow down Jeremy, he was a killer last night

Back