I lost respect for Josh Emmett after this

The elbows were not obviously illegal. The rules for landing knees make the whole thing confusing. He was done anyway.

I really wish someone would back this up with some proof other then saying go watch the replay or some other smartass remark. I mean there is a gif of the knee missing but none of these "illegal" elbows to the back of the head that would've had way more of an effect on the outcome of the fight then the knee.

I guess it’s to interpretation since lots of people rightfully argue that the head moves while being punched and elbowed so it’s not solely the aggressor faults for the shots to the back of the head…but I still think one landed pretty hard and clearly illegal. The knee was blatant and illegal, did not land but still illegal. I doubt the appeal gets anywhere and this didn’t change my mind on Stephens. It’s not like lil heathen came off as a classy dude prior to this incident anyways.

I say the ref should give him an “after the fact” warning, that’s all that would have happened anyway

raw

giphy.gif

Last edited:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Re...ss-to-Jeremy-Stephens-at-UFC-on-Fox-28-132589

Really, hes planning to appeal the loss? Give me a fucking break, thats such a politician scumback excuse of a move. What is he saying?

Or even better excuse, the what? 2 elbows that were illegal that virtually every fighter gets hit by .
Brock got a point deduction, and the fight restarted for punches where Mir was squirming.

Emmett’s head wasn’t even turning all over when he took a Jeremy Stephen’s elbow to the back of the head.

do you think elbows to the back of the head have no impact

"I lost respect for X" threads are the absolute worst.

Despite of which side of the fence you are on about it(I think it was a legit win for Stephens) if you don’t see how it was at least controversial you are a fucking moron
In this culture throwing a bubble gum wrapper on the floor will be controversial to one of you freaks, but no i dont think it was controversial at all for the simple fact that the knee had no impact on the outcome of the fight nor did he seem to react to it at all.

Trying to overturn some crazy shit im all for it, but petty crap like this and call it some crazy controversial move that changed the fight completely and it should be over turned because Emmett was about to recover is just a joke.

Unfortunate yes, illegal? Maybe, does it have anything to do with the fucking outcome of the fight? Fuck no so lets stop treating this like it did.

I guess it’s to interpretation since lots of people rightfully argue that the head moves while being punched and elbowed so it’s not solely the aggressor faults for the shots to the back of the head…but I still think one landed pretty hard and clearly illegal. The knee was blatant and illegal, did not land but still illegal. I doubt the appeal gets anywhere and this didn’t change my mind on Stephens. It’s not like lil heathen came off as a classy dude prior to this incident anyways.
What you mean by classy? I've been watching him fight before he even made it to the UFC and other then hitting fighters more then he should after they are already done and this knee and the one against Frankie he's not a dirty fighter. Vitor Belfort has knocked Akiyama and Franklin both out with shots to the back of the head that was clearly to the back of the head. Jeremy landed an elbow to the ear and one right behind the ear when Josh turned his head and stopped throwing them when he was face down. It isn't up to interpretation they "elbow" was legal shots just because DC wants to here himself talk doesn't change that.

Rashad should appeal his loss to Machida too!

Appealing is pretty petty. he got beat.
But seriously the Florida commission is not gonna overturn shit. Ref didn't call it. No instant replay allowed. That's a wrap. you lost. move on.

What is insane is how a 40+ fight veteran throws an illegal knee and illegal punches. What is going on in Stephen's mind?

Emmett was looking good to but he got a little cocky in there and slept on a savage.

Although Stephens should've controlled his weapons it was the refs duty to step in and stop the action.

Last edited:
Knee didnt seem to connect, back to the head elbows did, but those are regular stuff in MMA basically, doubt gets overturned.

This is Emmett fcking living a NC vs a loss on his record is a bigger deal in his pay scale and fight potential, he deserves his due process. And TS your just a big Stephens fan and probably didn't like him to begin with probably hated him missing weight vs Lamas, meanwhile if you listed and look up your 50 favorite fighters you're going to see people you sent in an appeal you're not shitting on.

The elbows were not obviously illegal. The rules for landing knees make the whole thing confusing. He was done anyway.

Is there something in the rules saying that your opponent may hit you with illegal strikes if you are “done”?
I always hear that...and you and everyone else who says it needs to STFU.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Re...ss-to-Jeremy-Stephens-at-UFC-on-Fox-28-132589

Really, hes planning to appeal the loss? Give me a fucking break, thats such a politician scumback excuse of a move. What is he saying? That the knee that at best, grazed his head put him out? Even though we know its not true and its debated even now after replays and that there is no way a ref could OR should make that call LIVE when we cant decide after replays?

Or even better excuse, the what? 2 elbows that were illegal that virtually every fighter gets hit by because they give up the back of the head when they curl up while the fighter is trying to GnP and expect what? Free 5 minutes time out because you moved your head while the guy is throwing an elbow? which did not end that fight....This is just too petty to try to overturn, there simply was not enough of ANYTHING illegal to over turn this fight and im sad that a top tier fighter is trying this after being beaten.

Should of just stayed classy, given Stephens props and came back stronger, this just shows what kind of victim excuse mentality he has, its def not of a champion, in my eyes, i think he loses respect over this.
Emmett should stay classy afer Stephens threw that illegal knee?

What was classy about what Stephens did?

What you mean by classy? I've been watching him fight before he even made it to the UFC and other then hitting fighters more then he should after they are already done and this knee and the one against Frankie he's not a dirty fighter. Vitor Belfort has knocked Akiyama and Franklin both out with shots to the back of the head that was clearly to the back of the head. Jeremy landed an elbow to the ear and one right behind the ear when Josh turned his head and stopped throwing them when he was face down. It isn't up to interpretation they "elbow" was legal shots just because DC wants to here himself talk doesn't change that.

Well lil heathen is not a classy dude imo because of his felony assault charges. Can’t remember exactly what it was from but me thinks he beat the shit out of somebody at a party or bar or some shit like that. But this is prize fighting so I really don’t care if they are classy or not. Regardless if you agree or not, the knee was illegal and the one blow landed flush on the back of his head. Either way man, idc was just giving my 2 cents.

Is there something in the rules saying that your opponent may hit you with illegal strikes if you are “done”?
I always hear that...and you and everyone else who says it needs to STFU.
Yea its like saying killing someone in ICU is not a crime because he was about to die anyways.

Silly justification

If you're a fighter expected to play by a certain set of rules, and your opponent violates those rules, you have the right to appeal the decision. That's why they have commissions to decide those things. I have no idea if the fight will get overturned or not, but he certainly has the right to appeal the decision, and it's not something petty by any means.

Back