I like it how Khabib just offers a title defense to Dustin Poitier while McGregor

You think Khabib doesn't have options? or are you just saying he doesn't have the 60 million dollar pay check options like Conor does?
doesn't have option like Conor, meaning that he can't just say he's fighting Woodley, or fight in another sport.

jsgguw.jpg
What the fuck is this?

doesn't have option like Conor, meaning that he can't just say he's fighting Woodley, or fight in another sport.

Well, yeah, but I don't see what difference that does? they're both people with they're own unique value systems and they're own options.

Meh, doesn't mean much when your belt is made of paper. Plus, Dustin is likely the easiest fight in the top 10.

Well, yeah, but I don't see what difference that does? they're both people with they're own unique value systems and they're own options.
The difference it makes is this:

Khabib can choose either to fight in the UFC and defend, or not fight.
Conor was allowed to choose to defend, or challenge for other belts, or rematch Diaz, or fight Floyd.

In that context one could expect Khabib to get to work defending. It's a natural move for him.

The difference it makes is this:

Khabib can choose either to fight in the UFC and defend, or not fight.
Conor was allowed to choose to defend, or challenge for other belts, or rematch Diaz, or fight Floyd.

In that context one could expect Khabib to get to work defending. It's a natural move for him.

Yes, but it seems like you, a fan, were using that as a reason to explain away Conor's inactivity as a champ. I'd understand it if you were the UFC because your intrinsic value system would be money,and therefore the more money conor makes, the better it is for the UFC, but I don't understand why you as a fan seem to except it as a reason since it does nothing for you a fan. I don't understand why People feel the need to point it out as an excuse for why conor never defended. It's a justifiable excuse for why the business allowed it to happen, but I don't understand how it's a justifiable excuse for fans unless your sole interest is the wealth of Conor and the business.

That’s Bullshit Khabib is a draw. Khabib just says, if he can’t beat them I’m not worth Champion, so he just wants to defend his title while your McGregor done shit in terms of title defenses. Just playing the Diva. Money isn’t a excuse not defending a title.
no he isn't. he's literally the opposite of a draw. people on here don't know what being a draw actually means. ufc 223 did about 4 buys. whereas conor could fight a cooker and do 1mil easy. conor is an actual draw. khabib is just some guy

That is what happens when you generate such little money for the company that you have no pull or say in who you fight ultimately. It's the difference between having options and not.
Conor fanboys pulling strings again. Money this money that....Your boy is a chicken....

<Fedor23>
Unlike Conor, Khabib doesn't have an option where he could generate 60+ mil from a boxing match.

yes, and he isn't a duck either,
dolly could have defended after the useless boxing match, but chose to duck some more

no he isn't. he's literally the opposite of a draw. people on here don't know what being a draw actually means. ufc 223 did about 4 buys. whereas conor could fight a cooker and do 1mil easy. conor is an actual draw. khabib is just some guy

<36>

Yes, but it seems like you, a fan, were using that as a reason to explain away Conor's inactivity as a champ. I'd understand it if you were the UFC because your intrinsic value system would be money,and therefore the more money conor makes, the better it is for the UFC, but I don't understand why you as a fan seem to except it as a reason since it does nothing for you a fan. I don't understand why People feel the need to point it out as an excuse for why conor never defended. It's a justifiable excuse for why the business allowed it to happen, but I don't understand how it's a justifiable excuse for fans unless your sole interest is the wealth of Conor and the business.
Nah not at all. I'm not in any way introducing my person feelings. You're completely right, Conor not fighting does nothing for me. Would that he had settled for $3m a fight like some others and had another 6 fights by now. I always think a fight > no fight. But given the option he had, I get why he has done what he has done.

More suggesting that Khabib defending is natural. It isn't 'better' or 'worse' for him as an individual.

just sits around for 500 days and defends nothing. That’s a class act by Khabib.

With this one defense he will have done more than Conor. It is nice to have a champion that is not cautious about fighting the top guys.

Tony - Could be out for 9 months maybe longer.

Conor - Who knows?

Alvarez - Has only won 1 fight since being embarrassed by Conor (lost title).

Lee - If he beats Barboza that would be only 1 win since losing to Tony (interim title).

Barboza - If he beats Lee hat is 1 win since being beaten by Khabib himself.

Gaethje - Yeah right.

Nate - Doesn't deserve it.

Poirier seems like the logical choice if Tony or Conor cannot fight.

Nah not at all. I'm not in any way introducing my person feelings. You're completely right, Conor not fighting does nothing for me. Would that he had settled for $3m a fight like some others and had another 6 fights by now. I always think a fight > no fight. But given the option he had, I get why he has done what he has done.

More suggesting that Khabib defending is natural. It isn't 'better' or 'worse' for him as an individual.

Yeah, I get you. It is natural. I was just trying express that, although khabib may not have as many opportunities to gain the insane amount of wealth that Conor has, that doesn't mean he doesn't have other opportunities—and just because his other opportunities may not garner as much cash as what conor makes, it doesn't make khabib's options any less important. Especially considering Khabib has said many times he doesn't need anymore money and he has other sources of income; and despite all that he still seems committed to fighting and defending.

It's been an all nighter and I'm rambling lol. Take care man

Well this I can fully agree with. Why would somebody criticize a fighter for actually wanting to fight?

<Dylan>

Yep. We got Conor out of there he obviously wanted nothing to do with fighting the top guys. It is not good to have a champion that refuses to fight top competition.

Yeah, I get you. It is natural. I was just trying express that, although khabib may not have as many opportunities to gain the insane amount of wealth that Conor has, that doesn't mean he doesn't have other opportunities—and just because his other opportunities may not garner as much cash as what conor makes, it doesn't make khabib's options any less viable to him. Especially considering Khabib has said many times he doesn't need anymore money and he has other sources of income.

It's been an all nighter and I'm rambling lol. Take care man
If the rumours are true then Khabib's well connected. He can just not fight if he wants.

It's all good. You're asking questions. That's the best way to work out how someone else is thinking or what they mean. Have a good night.

Agree with the posts noting Kaboob brings nothing to the table $$$ wise.
He calls out a guy that is a good fighter who has less than zero draw.
0+0 = 0
No one will care, no one will watch. WME/IMG is not that stupid. This is a business after all. I know the drones here do not get it, but no $$$ and your business blows. Sports entertainment. Fact

Back