I like Adensaya but why are people overrating his win over Brunson....

You guys are on crack jj won the belt at what 20 yr old.. Adesyana has more fights / experiance robert romero and rockhold combined.. Dana wants to feed him and build him up for hype and money...

Adesyana wants the belt just beat a top 10 guy like a knife through butter...

At rank 6 in mw hes in position for an interim fight him or jacare ranked 3rd.

Since rockhold fucked got injured .. Hes out and needs to fight n9 weidman just lost and will be out a while since he got ko.
Costa fucked injured.. Tba

Romero has no choice izzy or anderson pretty much... Nobody wants to see jacare again and he hada war so tba he might wait til after the interim fight.
jacare next makes sense

same fight that Whittaker had before his shot at the title

if he beats him as impressively, hard to deny him a shot.

Stylistically i think he beats Whittaker even today

not that long ago Israel couldn’t even stop b level guys and scraped by with a SD over a ufc newcomer but my how quickly ppl forget.
"scraped by with a SD over a ufc newcomer" who then got busted for steroids. You forgot that part.
Vettori wasn't a newcomer. Going to the Adesanya fight, he already had 4 fights in UFC and was a respected 24-years-old prospect who has never been finished and trains out of Kings MMA with Werdum, Cordeiro etc, they always spoke highly of him, specially about how tough and strong he is.
Also, for these that know how to score, Adesanya clearly won 29-28.

But it's not like i expect your casual ass @Bazooka1** to know any of that..

Most kickboxers fall out immediately when you grab their legs. Israel didn't do that and was quite impressive. Same Brunson that gave Yoel a good fight. Unless I totally mistaken him for another black fellow....

Not so long ago a lot of people thought he wasn't ready to face Brad Tavares, let alone Brunson.

We saw what he did to them.

Brunson isn't a journeyman. he's a legitimate threat to anyone in the division.

No, he's not, but he is a legit lower top 10 fighter and is an upper-level gatekeeper.

The fact that people talk about him like he's not even UFC level is ridiculous. The only guys that he's lost to are champions/title contenders.

What top fighter has Brunson beaten?

What shitty fighters has he legitimately lost to? He got jobbed against Silva and has demolished pretty much every non-elite level guy that he's fought in the UFC.

Dude has a lot of flaws in this game and questionable fight IQ, but he's not nearly as bad as people make out. Guys who aren't legit lose to Brunson.

Some are. Some are underrating it. Brunson isn't great, but he hits like a truck and is usually a game opponent. Adesanya is a fun new prospect, so why shouldn't people get excited? He's a fresh face instead of Weidman, Jacare, Yoel, and Rockhold all of the time.

He got starched boxing or kickboxing, so it'd be interesting to see if someone could replicate that success.

It’s comical because Brunson is a straight journeyman, not that long ago Israel couldn’t even stop b level guys and scraped by with a SD over a ufc newcomer but my how quickly ppl forget.

I think Adensaya will be champ but it’s way too soon , folks here are going full retard ala Dana white(it’s expected from that clown) but real fans should know better.

If Israel keeps buying his hype it’s gonna hurt him big time.

Baby steps because right now he gets wrecked against monster like Yoel, Gastelum and Costa.

Costa's best win is Urial Hall...

Still not sold.

He sounds like every other cocky dude after a decent win.

Still has a ways to go.

The guy had an amazing win... and now is the " hype " guy. Can he be a contender... we will find out by 2019. But until then just enjoy the ride and high level striking.

So the thing with Adesanya on this board is to predict that he'll either struggle or lose to each step up in opponent, but when he wins the guy he beat was never any good anyway. Say what you want about Brunson and his flaws, but the guy only loses to legit title contenders, he usually cleans up everyone else outside of the Silva fight, and that was a clear robbery.

Brunson is as solid a gatekeeper as there is. If you beat him, you are atleast contender material.
No. He's a cheerleader who runs around like a chicken with his head cut off. He was chosen as a sacrificial stepping stone for a reason. When was last time Brunson looked good..? Israel is legit hot prospect, but beating Brunson means nothing. Tavares name was more impressive to me for some reason. No aspect of his game meshes with another. He's a herky-jerky, no fight IQ, very limited fighter. That's why Israel was 3 to 1 favorite derp................

What I learned on sherdog:

No one can ever be very good. Either they are a goat or they suck and all their opponents where chumps.

People are seriously threatened and insecure about new talent.

Only 1-3 guys in the top ten at any given time are legit. The rest are either past their prime or overrated.

Fighters who win 60-85% of their fights but lose to champs and contenders are journeymen.

Last edited:
No, he's not, but he is a legit lower top 10 fighter and is an upper-level gatekeeper.

The fact that people talk about him like he's not even UFC level is ridiculous. The only guys that he's lost to are champions/title contenders.

he was outwrestling Yoel Romero rather easily and was pretty competitive before he gassed.

Yoel Romero is currently the most feared man in the MW division.

i'd say that makes him a legitimate threat to ANYONE when he's got his shit together.

Back