I like ACB... but it something isn't right... to me.

Shadiest of all is that fact that an Emanuel basically runs the UFC. The Emanuel clan is as shady as it gets. They latched onto Obama and are enjoying the ride.

Ok I will bite, who the fook is Emanuel and how does his clan run the UFC? Or "basically" run the UFC as you put it?

Ok I will bite, who the fook is Emanuel and how does his clan run the UFC? Or "basically" run the UFC as you put it?

Ari's brother Rahm Emanuel is the Mayor of Chicago. A city with one of the worst gang and murder rates in the country.

Their father Benjamin was an Irgun terrorist during the founding of Israel.

The Emanuel family is very powerful, and is close to the Democratic establishment, and the Hollywood industrial complex by way of WME which Ari also runs as its CEO.

Having Dana speak on behalf of Trump was probably their mutually-agreed upon plan, just so they can dip into both waters.

I assumed Russian drug money. Who gives a shit anyway. Saturday night in Manchester is going to be decent.

Is the owner filthy rich? What kind of funding do they get? Are they throwing around cash like Affliction did, or are they looking long-term? The answer lies in those.

Ari's brother Rahm Emanuel is the Mayor of Chicago. A city with one of the worst gang and murder rates in the country.

Their father Benjamin was an Irgun terrorist during the founding of Israel.

The Emanuel family is very powerful, and is close to the Democratic establishment, and the Hollywood industrial complex by way of WME which Ari also runs as its CEO.

Having Dana speak on behalf of Trump was probably their mutually-agreed upon plan, just so they can dip into both waters.

That doesn't really answer the question. Many powerful people or very successful people have some checkered past, step on people's toes, rode some coat tails, possible shady deals, political ties, etc. etc. Its what can be proven or a long history of a smoking gun is what matters or is at least something people can form an opinion on.

Everything you said means very little. Who cares about his brother being a Mayor. On his father, well thats a religious thing that different people are going to have different views on. Either way doesn't involve Ari. Powerful, what successful businessman or woman at the top there industry isn't powerful with powerful friends.

That doesn't really answer the question. Many powerful people or very successful people have some checkered past, step on people's toes, rode some coat tails, possible shady deals, political ties, etc. etc. Its what can be proven or a long history of a smoking gun is what matters or is at least something people can form an opinion on.

Everything you said means very little. Who cares about his brother being a Mayor. On his father, well thats a religious thing that different people are going to have different views on. Either way doesn't involve Ari. Powerful, what successful businessman or woman at the top there industry isn't powerful with powerful friends.

So what kind of answer are you looking for?

The Emanuel family, is like talking about the Bush family. They have their hands in a lot of shit, whether it was done "legally" or not... heads will turn, because of the actions, power and influence they wield(ed).

"A mayor"... Mayor of Chicago is a big deal, buddy.

People can talk about Russian fighters and promotions and their connections to shady people. But will totally ignore the UFC's now extremely shady backers.

Either way doesn't involve Ari. Powerful, what successful businessman or woman at the top there industry isn't powerful with powerful friends.

There's levels to power and connections, and not all of them involve blood. The Emanuels, like the Bushes, have blood on their hands (gang & police-violence in Chicago, Israeli/Palestine violence) and they have a huge influence on public opinion via Hollywood.

You can't just say "Welp, that's his brother or father, not him" and dismiss the whole thing. Is that how Jeb Bush is relative to his father and brother? I hope not. People should be scrutinizing.

Last edited:
So what kind of answer are you looking for?

The Emanuel family, is like talking about the Bush family. They have their hands in a lot of shit, whether it was done "legally" or not... heads will turn, because of the actions, power and influence they wield(ed).

"A mayor"... Mayor of Chicago is a big deal, buddy.

People can talk about Russian fighters and promotions and their connections to shady people. But will totally ignore the UFC's now extremely shady backers.

There's levels to power and connections, and not all of them involve blood. The Emanuels, like the Bushes, have blood on their hands (gang & police-violence in Chicago, Israeli/Palestine violence) and they have a huge influence on public opinion via Hollywood.

You can't just say "Welp, that's his brother or father, not him" and dismiss the whole thing. Is that how Jeb Bush is relative to his father and brother? I hope not. People should be scrutinizing.

Your knocking on Ari and his brothers because they all became successful. Bill Gates built an empire and I'm sure some people feel like he is the devil like many successful people at the highest levels.

Point is people at Ari's level will always have critics and it doesn't mean its shady or criminal.

You think his brother being mayor of Chicago is some how a big deal for Ari. What does Ari get out of it outside of what probably every family member of any mayor gets? I know crime is rising in Chicago but doesn't all land at the mayor's front door for the reasons its happening. The area that is the biggest problem in Chicago right now is and always has been a bad area and the violence is directly related to who controls the drug turf in the immediate and surrounding areas and who wants it. That is what sparks a majority of the crime. Is there issues with in the police department, yes just like every major city has issues within the police department. If his brother left office tomorrow nothing changes with the crime that is occurring. You make is sound like he turns a blind eye to it all. Over time maybe someone else would be more effective with getting some control over the turf wars. But still don't see how any of this is on Ari's hands.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the Emanuels but they aren't anywhere near what Bush's are. They didn't come from some powerful family. I think there mother never really worked. I know her passion was civil rights but she wasn't some driving force in that world. There father was a pediatrician I believe or some kind of family doctor. I know they get a lot of there in your face loud attitude from how there grand father acted when they where younger. I think Ari's youngest brother or the other one is in the medical field today and still Chicago area. They didn't come from some powerful connected political or criminal family that is for sure. Any friends Ari made he made along the way of getting to where he is at in career. Yes he is powerful and has a voice that people will listen to. That doesn't make him shady or criminal. I'm sure he rubs some people the wrong way. But from what I can tell he busted his ass to get where he is, it wasn't gifted to him by any means.

So I really don't know what is so horrible and shady about the Emanuel family. Seems like the brother's all worked hard to get where they are at in life.

P.S.: I can understand making some noise about Fertitta's family history.

Great Press Row this week on Russian MMA.

Can't be any shadier than WSOF.

@Lucifer Alpha Jeez dude, you are less than 100 away from 100,000. You should make a thread for when you hit the monumental occasion.

I do however think they are growing too fast and cant sustain it. They bombed hard in the U.S just no fan base here yet. Hopefully the U.K show is somewhat a success.

The US show was a bomb but the the UK show did 22 pages of discussion. Usually ACB threads only do like 6. Very good, on par with your average Invicta or WSOF card.

I think ACB is too similar to K-1 in how they're running their promotion. Signing a lot of name talent, doing shows around the world. But they have very little international broadcasting, and its all for the local Russian television audience.

Its the same thing K-1 did in Japan, and its not a very good strategy. They should try to get some TV deals in North America, and ensure people actually care about their shows if they're going to hold events abroad.

ONE Champsionship actually airs in all the countries they do shows in.

They should talk to CBSsports or Axs.

I mean, how they became successful org in a year or 2? What i mean is that HOW they can afford to hold so many events so fast. Their next show will be at the 16,000 Manchester Arena.

Didn't they start their show at their gym in 2012?

Sometimes Russian MMA is shady AF. And why the promoter changed the decision to No Contest back in ACB 52 in Austria. I thought the commission can change it to No-Contest OR I might me wrong, it different at overseas, i guess?

Don't forget that they already signed a lot of UFC guys in a short period of time.

ACB might have a criminal gang like PRIDE FC. I am not sure. I hope I'm wrong
It's Kadyrov's org. Of course it's a criminal gang. Only difference - it's state sponsored. :D

Nothing in Chechnya works without Kadyrov's approval. I'm sure the ties are there.

I doubt ACB has anything to do with Kadyrov, they havent even had a event in Chechnya for like a year now. Kadyrov and Khasiev are probably on friendly terms but nothing more. Kadyrov has his own promotion that Khasiev has no part in, and they both have different goals.

Its not like everything in Chechnya belongs to Kadyrov, sure if you want to have a promotion based out of Chechnya then you need approval by Kadyrov but it does not mean that Kadyrov has any share in the promotion. I doubt Kadyrov wants to bully influental Chechen business men like Khasiev.

My family has a business in Chechnya but it doesn't mean that Kadyrov "owns" it.

I doubt ACB has anything to do with Kadyrov, they havent even had a event in Chechnya for like a year now. Kadyrov and Khasiev are probably on friendly terms but nothing more. Kadyrov has his own promotion that Khasiev has no part in, and they both have different goals.

Its not like everything in Chechnya belongs to Kadyrov, sure if you want to have a promotion based out of Chechnya then you need approval by Kadyrov but it does not mean that Kadyrov has any share in the promotion. I doubt Kadyrov wants to bully influental Chechen business men like Khasiev.

My family has a business in Chechnya but it doesn't mean that Kadyrov "owns" it.
Kadyrov owns you! :p

Russia is a feudal state. Every state/republic has its own feudal Lord. According to the brainwashed plebs at least.

The fight game regardless of country has been and will always be shady. Khasiev is the main figurehead behind ACB (not Kadyrov). Like many Russians (especially Caucasians - ethnic groups from the south of Russia) fighting is in his blood. In the south of Russia every boy wrestles. It is like football to Texans. MMA becomes a status to rich clans much like many rich Texas men throw millions away on their favorite college football program. And yes, these days wealthy Russians are 'encouraged' to invest in Russia and not buy some English Premier League club.

I cannot see how any MMA fan would have a problem with the ACB card from the weekend. Best MMA event in a while. There was also a Fight Nights Global card in Russia that was on Fight Pass. That card was mostly dancing and music acts with a bit of fighting sprinkled in. Was impossible to watch.

Just read an interview from Makovsky... he said he will be getting paid "slightly more" from ACB then he did in his last fight with UFC.

Back