I like ACB... but it something isn't right... to me.

SakuWandyCop

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I mean, how they became successful org in a year or 2? What i mean is that HOW they can afford to hold so many events so fast. Their next show will be at the 16,000 Manchester Arena.

Didn't they start their show at their gym in 2012?

Sometimes Russian MMA is shady AF. And why the promoter changed the decision to No Contest back in ACB 52 in Austria. I thought the commission can change it to No-Contest OR I might me wrong, it different at overseas, i guess?

Don't forget that they already signed a lot of UFC guys in a short period of time.

ACB might have a criminal gang like PRIDE FC. I am not sure. I hope I'm wrong

Yeah seems like a weird business model. Promotions that start this wild, spending all this money tend to fade.

But gives fighters another place to go. Hopeful it works out.

I mean, how they became successful org in a year or 2? What i mean is that HOW they can afford to hold so many events so fast. Their next show will be at the 16,000 Manchester Arena.

Sometimes Russian MMA is shady AF. And why the promoter changed the decision to No Contest back in ACB 52 in Austria. I thought the commission can change it to No-Contest OR I might me wrong, it different at overseas, i guess?

Don't forget that they already signed a lot of UFC guys in a short period of time.

Mafia $$$$ only way I see them investing shitload of cash and loosing money.

Their show in the USA was a complete disaster tickets wise, their shows are in YouTube so no tv money...it has to be mafia..

I'll watch lol either way do

Who cares? Every sport is shady at this point.

We are watching semi-naked guys fighting in a cage with almost no rules FFS.

Shady is charging $1200.00 to get a ticket where you still cannot see the action. Shady is not allowing a fighter's father to enter America because you are afraid that he might wave the Russian flag (remember, the USA only supports Muslims in Russia who want to destroy the Russian state). Shady is that Reebok deal that UFC fighters were forced to go with it.

Shadiest of all is that fact that an Emanuel basically runs the UFC. The Emanuel clan is as shady as it gets. They latched onto Obama and are enjoying the ride.

Should be money laundry or bets shit (fixed fights)
I don't know how they spent so much money without TV deals....
I know they can win with the gates and maybe sponsors but that's it, without a TV partner or PPV system you ussualy can't make a big jump....
And the worst part of it is that it's not really clear who the owners and investors are

Mafia $$$$ only way I see them investing shitload of cash and loosing money.

Their show in the USA was a complete disaster tickets wise, their shows are in YouTube so no tv money...it has to be mafia..

I'll watch lol either way do
One of the creators is involved with politics (he is not with promotion anymore, but his brother is the current head/owner). I remember I tuned in to watch Akhmat event, but I tuned in like a hour before the event and on that Chechen TV channel was news or local news. They showed that brother of ACB owner and he was caled member of a city/town council or something like that.
Also I think year or two ago in some interview with ACB owner they asked him about the money and he said something along the lines that Chechens are friendly people and can help each other with the money. Or maybe it wasn't interview and he just posted it at social media.

Sambo being Russia's sport its a no brainer why MMA would take off like it has in Russia, despite the Russian market flooded with big promotions such as Akhmat, Fight Nights, EFN, M1, League-S70 and RINGS in the past. It is no surprise ACB is flourishing. All of those promotions sell out shows regularly. The demand is BIG. So just sit back and watch and enjoy bro

Who knows for sure.

My guess is they got a couple big investors in the back. There has been a massive influx of very rich Russians over the last few decades. A lot of them have no problem spending tens of millions around the world on real estate to hold on to it at a later date hoping to make good money on it. So not to far fetch to think some might give MMA a shot at making some money.

I would think that is a more realistic than going down the mafia road or using it as launderer money route. Though it won't shock me one bit.

One of the creators is involved with politics (he is not with promotion anymore, but his brother is the current head/owner). I remember I tuned in to watch Akhmat event, but I tuned in like a hour before the event and on that Chechen TV channel was news or local news. They showed that brother of ACB owner and he was caled member of a city/town council or something like that.
Also I think year or two ago in some interview with ACB owner they asked him about the money and he said something along the lines that Chechens are friendly people and can help each other with the money. Or maybe it wasn't interview and he just posted it at social media.

Do you live in Russia?

I agree.. Argujev lost by an early tko, which then got changed to a no contest lol.

Maybe they have a russian TV deal and just put it on youtube for international fans??

I do however think they are growing too fast and cant sustain it. They bombed hard in the U.S just no fan base here yet. Hopefully the U.K show is somewhat a success.

Maybe they have a russian TV deal and just put it on youtube for international fans??
If I'm not mistaken they have TV deal in Russia (maybe also in Poland) and they posted this year or in 2016 that they signed some TV deals with foreign channels.

Mamed earns amazing money in Poland, better than Branch in WSOF, so if ACB can afford him it's really weird.

Russian MMA has always been crazy.

Never ask why.

I think ACB is too similar to K-1 in how they're running their promotion. Signing a lot of name talent, doing shows around the world. But they have very little international broadcasting, and its all for the local Russian television audience.

Its the same thing K-1 did in Japan, and its not a very good strategy. They should try to get some TV deals in North America, and ensure people actually care about their shows if they're going to hold events abroad.

ONE Champsionship actually airs in all the countries they do shows in.

Back