I know this sounds funny, Skateboarding for cardio.

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
I skate almost everyday hardcore for 2 hours, sometimes twice a day. I don't just sit and do tricks, I stay mobile 90% of the time. When I'm done, I'm soaked like gatorade commercial kinda of soaked, and quite exhausted. All the Muscles in my legs are sore along with some parts of my hips and abdomen. I sweat 10 times as much as opposed to doing sprints. I feel it could honestly be a viable cardio source. Anyone have any experience?

not funny at all but a good way to get some cardio exercise for sure! You don't usually see fat skateboarders, mostly thin dudes

It has contributed to my how tight my guard is. Not to sound ****y, but NO one has ever broken my guard even when they had a deep elbow. I just looked up the calories burnt and Rigorous skateboarding can burn like 500 calories an hour and I do sometimes skate twice a day for an atleast an hour each session. Thats tones of cardio.

not funny at all but a good way to get some cardio exercise for sure! You don't usually see fat skateboarders, mostly thin dudes

Yeah, because thin dudes -always- have good cardio.

And Roy Nelson is one winded motherfucker.

You cant be a fat skateboarder, you'll break your board.

Nothing better than doing cardio that you actually like. Keep at it.

While you're at it, I heard skateboard squats will give you huge quads

Skateboarding is excellent for cardio but I'd think it's similar to the cardio workout from jogs. I skated for about 6 years when I was younger and stayed in great shape but I wouldnt substitute it for sprints. You'll build a strong core and get some killer calfs as well

Wrong. Golf is awesome for cardio. You sweat all day. You're outside for 6 hours continually moving.

When I'm done, I'm soaked like gatorade commercial kinda of soaked

Like this?

gatorade.jpg

Skateboarding isn't good for cardio. If I remember correctly, we coasted to do a trick and fell a lot. Afterwards we smoked cigarettes.

Nothing funny at all, great cardio. Rollerblading was some of the best cardio I've ever experienced. To take it further, I know someone who lost a tremendous amount of weight and really improved their conditioning almost solely through riding a jet ski.

Wrong. Golf is awesome for cardio. You sweat all day. You're outside for 6 hours continually moving.

Golf is surprisingly draining! Though, maybe not everyone is screaming profanities whilst hacking that white piece of shit out of some god damn sand, bushes, or trenches for those 18 holes.

While you're at it, I heard skateboard squats will give you huge quads

I can't stand that dude. He tells everyone that squats are dangerous as fuck and only a few types of people should do them.

Burning calories and cardio are not the same thing. Walking around all day burns thousands of calories but is not going to get your heart rate high enough to be considered cardiovascular training.

I can't stand that dude. He tells everyone that squats are dangerous as fuck and only a few types of people should do them.

He also has bitch tits from juicing.

And he wears a stupid fucking hat to cover his accelerated male pattern baldness from juicing.

Skateboarding is excellent for cardio but I'd think it's similar to the cardio workout from jogs. I skated for about 6 years when I was younger and stayed in great shape but I wouldnt substitute it for sprints. You'll build a strong core and get some killer calfs as well

yeah I'd say it depends on intensity of course.

"randy lahey;Skateboarding is excellent for cardio but I'd think it's similar to the cardio workout from jogs. I skated for about 6 years when I was younger and stayed in great shape but I wouldnt substitute it for sprints. You'll build a strong core and get some killer calfs as well"

yeah I'd say it depends on intensity of course.

It's funny that you should bring this up. I'm 30 now and started skating at 13. I was a skate rate through age 21. From about 21-28 I slowed down and skated every once in a while. I hadn't been on a board for 2+ years since yesterday. My family is in town and my nephew likes to ride those mini scooters a lot. I skated for an hour or two the past couple days and was drenched in sweat (90+ heat though).

I have no doubt that you burn a lot of calories skating, but I don't really think it gets your heart rate up most of the time. I've been tired multiple times, but the only time I can think of really being winded were during very long runs or at a skatepark skating transition (something like a snake run). It definitely tests your muscle endurance though.

I'm actually taking my nephew to a skatepark today. This should be interesting.

It has contributed to my how tight my guard is. Not to sound ****y, but NO one has ever broken my guard even when they had a deep elbow.
This doesn't make you sound ****y, it makes you sound like you don't train at a legit gym.

Skateboarding is decent cardio, probably about the same as a nice long vigorous fuck.

For great cardio try sprinting, running hills, or swimming.

Back