I just watched Michael Page fights for the first time.

Sure lol. Not a disagreement just my opinion. I have no idea what happens in a that fight. I just dont think Daley kos him. I think Daley gets pieced up.
I just feel like we haven't seen MVP against someone in the top 30, until then I'm on the fence. His striking is very awesome to watch though.

I still have my doubts about him, but he caved in a man's skull... If that isn't badass, or legit, then I don't know what is. He's still early in his career and his flashiness masks a decent counter game for such a young fighter.

View attachment 194903

He is not that young, he is turning 30 in April

wouldn't matter. MVP woudl get absolutely dominated by Rory. Page hasn't even fought anyone in the top 300 in his weight class yet,
Nice exaggeration. MVP is being built up slowly. But Rory is no NCAA champion.

"MVP is getting better, but because he'd get beat by a top 5 WW right now he sucks!"

- migeru29

"MVP is getting better, but because he'd get beat by a top 5 WW right now he sucks!"

- migeru29

He doesnt suck, and I like his style. But he is not that good neither...he barely got the decision against Gonzalez and Burrell. Actually one judge scored he lost every single round in his fight with Gonzalez, and that fight was a shame as a whole

lol at putting Michael Page and top 5 in the same sentence

He doesnt suck, and I like his style. But he is not that good neither...he barely got the decision against Gonzalez and Burrell. Actually one judge scored he lost every single round in his fight with Gonzalez, and that fight was a shame as a whole

This is an even worse post than the first one.

OP is the one who brought up Rory McDonald of all people to gauge MVP's progress, i was merely pointing out how ridiculous that was. For some reason people think that if a prospect doesn't develop at a Jon Jones rate that he's never going to be elite.

Go watch Wonderboy vs Brown and then watch Wonderboy vs Hendricks. Fighters learn from their bad fights and get better

This is an even worse post than the first one.

OP is the one who brought up Rory McDonald of all people to gauge MVP's progress, i was merely pointing out how ridiculous that was. For some reason people think that if a prospect doesn't develop at a Jon Jones rate that he's never going to be elite.

Go watch Wonderboy vs Brown and then watch Wonderboy vs Hendricks. Fighters learn from their bad fights and get better

I didnt notice the irony in the previous post sorry, but
now you put jon jones and michael page in the same sentence lol

His horrendous fight with Gonzalez was just his last fight...and the previous one, he got outgrappled by a 40 y.o Cyborg, which doesnt lead to think high about his improvements in that aspect

I didnt notice the irony in the previous post sorry, but
now you put jon jones and michael page in the same sentence lol

His horrendous fight with Gonzalez was just his last fight...and the previous one, he got outgrappled by a 40 y.o Cyborg, which doesnt lead to think high about his improvements in that aspect

And before the fight with Gonzalez he had 4 finishes, but I guess only the last fight matters.

By the way, after ,long time black-belt, Cyborg took MVP down, he managed to stay composed took virtually zero damage and didn't get submitted. He then came out as the fresher fighter in round 2 and KO'd him.

It took Cyborg 30 seconds to submit Ward only 2 months before. His ground game obviously isn't Maia, but it's legit. 40 fights and he was only submitted by Diaz and Nakumura, seems pretty good to me.

Just because MVP is cocky, doesn't mean that you should ignore the fact that his game is clearly developing.

He is not that young, he is turning 30 in April
How many fights does he have? He's a young fighter in the sense that he doesn't have much in the way of experience. Twelve MMA bouts. He's also just now entering his physical prime. The average age of the top ten welterweights in the UFC plus the champ is 32.64 years of age. So he's a little over 3 and a half years removed from the average age, so he's still young for the weight class.

Of those eleven fighters, only two are under the age of 30 (Neil Magney is 29, Gunnar Nelson is 28 - Both just recently broke into the top 10.) The champion is 34, the number one contender is 33, the previous champ is 34, the other top contender (Maia) is 39. So he's still 4-10 years removed from the ages of the top four guys in the weight class.

The average of the top 15 is slightly lower at 32.56. However, there are no fighters under 30 from #11-#15. So Gunnar and Magney are the only welterweights under 30 in the top 15 of the UFC.

I stand by what I said about him being a 'young fighter.' He's inexperienced and at least 5 years removed from the average age of the guys that are realistically vying for the most coveted title at this point in time, in his weight class. How he develops over the next few years will either prove that he is a top fighter, or prove that he is not. All we can do is sit back and watch. But, make no mistake, he still has time.

You sound mad for no reason TS

His last fight gave a lot of people a bad taste because the other guy was completely overmatched, yet Venom failed to do anything significant to him. And if you taunt and showboat during a lack luster performance you come off as a chump plain and simple.

Still, cant hate on a guy who pays homage to the kung fu greats.

good sumup dawg, his decision wins were boring AF
only because other guys were careful and gave no counter chances
he is exciting vs slow moving opponents who make mistakes when provoked by him
Gonzalez did all the opposite and it was just as OP said, sleeping pill fight

Lets say MVP was to clown Rory, we'll see posts claiming 'Rory hasn't been the same since his nose got broked' before we see a Bellator fighter getting credit.

Remember this post.

He is fun to watch but his output is low and he seems to over extend on his straight punches, if he fights someone like Semtex I definitely see him getting dropped while reaching on one of his straights and if he fights someone like Rory he will get outworked in a decision.

The guy is exciting tho

dude nearly killed a guy with a single knee, everything he has shown so far points to him being legit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back