"I just want 2 gold belts, a bjj black belt, HOF plaque, and 25 million" - Conor Mcgregor, 2013

Whether you like him or not, you have to give Conor credit for having a goal and then putting the rubber to the road to accomplish it.

Youd have rather he kepy knocking out low ranked fws instead of what we got to see?

Lol, gtfoh

I would rather him fight his way to the title by beating top contenders. You know, fight guys like Frankie/Lamas/Mendes (full camp)/Etc. Not every one of them, but like 2 guys out of the top 5. You know? Like Max Holloway did? He (along with less recognizable) beat Lamas, Swanson, Oliveira, and Stephens...who were all in top 5 or 10 before he got his title shot.

You do know khabibs record regarding top tens and how he got 'the belt' right?

Yes, and I have said in the past (and I still believe) that Khabib has not fought consistently against top opposition...or much at all. I am not behind his hype train to say he's unbeatable or some dumb shit. I want Khabib to beat Conor, but would give Conor like a 60-75% chance at winning.

I don't think Khabib is as "nightmarish" a match-up for Conor as the UFC and others hype it to be. I believe Conor is a bad match-up for Khabib. The footwork, distancing, and striking of Conor will be a huge problem for Khabib, esp. when trying to close the gap for the TD. IMO if Conor wins, he makes it look easy doing it.

Dustin Poirier was top 10.

Sinking-of-the-RMS-Titanic-1-760x500.jpg

Your blind hatred shows you have zero ability to be impartial.

Poirier was ranked 5th, Mendes #1.
View attachment 420825

I have addressed the Poirier rank. Also, you fanboys assuming everyone who disagrees with you is showing "blind hatred" is hilarious. Just cuz you fucks are blindly chugging his jizz, doesn't mean the non-fanboys are also blind.

Sever was top 10 at the time, I believe around 7. It’s been debated and proven on many Conor threads. Conor haters like to revise history to fit their narratives, the facts say otherwise

As I stated, SHOW ME THE SO-CALLED PROOF that has been so "proven on so many Conor threads". I have linked TWO sources that place Poirier within top 10, but no one has yet shown me any proof of a ranking that shows Siver in the top 10.

Not true. He had ZERO top 10 wins before challenging for the belt. His lone top 10 win was Chad Mendes for the Interim belt, which only took place because Aldo was injured.
Dustin Poirier was ranked 6th at FW in March 2014. That's before he stopped Akira Corassani in a FOTN in April 2014. I believe that win put him at 4 or 5 at FW prior to his bout with McGregor. McGregor has two top five wins at FW prior to beating Jose Aldo.

Pro tip: if you want to bitch about McGregor, stick to complaining about his LW title shot. His FW title run was good, and only looks better in retrospect.

That fight only happened because Conor decided to save the card and the UFC's ass by fighting the #1 wrestler on short notice. Nobody does shit like that.

Bones ducked a MW scrub Chael on short notice. lmao.

Not true, plenty of people have stepped up on short notice. Patrick fucking Cummins, who was basically at the start of his MMA career, stepped in on like a week's notice to fight top 3-5 HW DC on his LHW debut.

In any case, Conor deserves and gets his props for accepting replacement fights on short notice just like anyone else...but acting like he's the "only one" who does it is just people being blind to UFC hype. He may or may not do it more often than normal, but I don't have the data to back or deny it. As far as I know, he has fought 2x in short notice...both times the opponent had like a week to train.

Also...Bones crushed Chael in like a minute.

You might be the dumbest motherfucker on Sherdog. That's quite the accomplishment.

Yes, just like a nuthugger to just talk shit when asked for proof. Shit, I did half the research for you fuckers and found TWO results showing Poirier was within top 10. You can't even find one showing Siver at 10 like you claim. Hahaa fucking morons.

Khabib beat #11 and is champ now

Yes,
Dustin Poirier was ranked 6th at FW in March 2014. That's before he stopped Akira Corassani in a FOTN in April 2014. I believe that win put him at 4 or 5 at FW prior to his bout with McGregor. McGregor has two top five wins at FW prior to beating Jose Aldo.

Pro tip: if you want to bitch about McGregor, stick to complaining about his LW title shot. His FW title run was good, and only looks better in retrospect.

Nah, I have now found 3 sources listing Poirier from 6-8 in August 2014 rankings, and one being that of UFC's ranking (where Conor was ranked 13). He did fight TWO top 10 before Aldo, but the second fight only happened cuz Aldo had to pull out. He got the title shot off one top 10 win, but he made the most of it.

Also, I'm not "bitching" about anything. I was just replying to someone, IIRC, that said the same thing you did (LW run questionable/FW run legit). All these butthurt fanboys are trying act tough cuz they can't handle a difference in opinion when it comes to their beloved leprechaun.

Yeah, I'm not as easily impressed about him knocking out a bunch of smaller men as some people.

Most of his achievements in the UFC was thanks to uncle dana seeing in him a cash cow. the only thing worth is his bjj rank and his bank account.

Yeah easily destroyed two UFC champions was all Uncle Dana

I have addressed the Poirier rank. Also, you fanboys assuming everyone who disagrees with you is showing "blind hatred" is hilarious. Just cuz you fucks are blindly chugging his jizz, doesn't mean the non-fanboys are also blind.
Im not a fanboy at all, and you are delusional with hate

Back