I just suck in fighting... how do you really improve in fight sports?

I know how you feel, I was the most experienced in one gym too, after a whole bunch of people left because the instructor left. Their were people coming to the gym who didn't have no muay thai experience, and still whooped me. But then this was not what I expected.

So i got busy with work i was working in dominos (everybody knows how i hate dominos because of my experience so I'm not going to explain it). This was back when I kind of enjoyed working their, so I was working 60-80 hours a week, so I wasn't able to train at that gym. So then I thought where can I train that has morning classes. I did some research and couldn't find a gym close to me, then I thought NYC has a lot of good gyms I might go their. I did some research and found a boxing gym.

Then I went to that gym and ironically their was an instructor over their who had pro mma and pro kickboxing experience (he lost more fights then he won in both but he is a good teacher), so I started training their, and training with that instructor, it turned out that his teachings actually worked for me (he went by a principle to establish a jab early and to make your opponent respect your jab, and taught me to throw the side kick real good and how to hit real good) so he also had a sparring night at that boxing gym every Friday night, and their was this guy a karate kickboxer, he has only been doing karate for 1 year and just started on kickboxing and he is already a beast. And he is one of his best fighters.

So after a few weeks of getting my ass kicked by him, he landed kick after kick after kick on me, but then I learnt something. You got to figure out peoples style, so I figured out his style and experimented in sparring a little bit, and found that he couldn't handle close range. So I exploited that a few times. Then their was this girl who was also a student, of the instructor, shes a strong girl for her size, she was a good muay thai fighter and had more experience then me.

So everybody knows one of the main rules of sparring, you spar like your partners. In this case she was moving at a fast pace, so I decided to move at a fast pace with her, and I was hitting her more. Their was this one time when me and her sparred, and she was doing better that time and then I don't know what happened, she hit me with a precise overhand and I fell to the ground I wasn't knocked out but I fell to the ground, after that week I started to figure her out a bit, and hit her more then she hit me, obviously I wasn't going to try to knock her down, I kept countering off her teep all the time.

Then one day the instructor takes the whole team to another gym and I sparred with 2 fighters one of which was an Asian girl whose husband is a pro boxer, and I'm guessing that's how shes able to throw hard punches, but I figured her out pretty quickly and hit her more and more each round then I sparred with an instructor over their and every time he threw a teep I would catch it and he would throw spin back fist then I would would stop it and then hit him in the head with a superman punch everytime.

Because I trained with that instructor I got way better and he was even going to get me a fight, up until I went Mia due to money problems. I went to 2 of my old gyms and showed them how I was doing. Right now i realized what i wanted this year and that is an amatuer fight, so since I got to pay off my mom for paying for my car, and pay the court 100 every month. I am trying to kill myself to make the money to train at a gym in clifton. Anyways it might not be you it might be your instructor because if none of his teachings help then you will definitely need a change of instruction.

Seriously guys how do you improve in fight sports?
I am suddenly the weakest guy in the gym and I have more experience than most people.

I am trying and experimenting and doing what not, but yet in the end of the day when spar day comes all is gone and I get my ass beaten :D

I do not want to be Tyson or stuff, just do well in the sport and beat ass, not getting my ass handled.

Any advices? I am really down atm.
Hey mate I just saw your thread from the main page - I just wanted to say be happy you are getting down - a lot of us always wanted to but found excuses. By the time i started getting back into contact sports i always wanted to get into (rugby in my case) I was a little too old and my body was breaking. watch this from about 40 seconds in

You train.
For a long time.
That's it.

How ironical coming from the guy who supposedly knocks people out at work and on the football pitch lol

How ironical coming from the guy who supposedly knocks people out at work and on the football pitch lol
I dont knock them out. And ne thing is to fight on the ring another outside of the.ring against people who would cry their pants after a slap.

I dont knock them out. And ne thing is to fight on the ring another outside of the.ring against people who would cry their pants after a slap.

Lol dude I knew a guy who was the gm st the dominos I use to work for, I was suppose to be training for a fight (I was doing uber at that time, yes it is the same year I was training inNYC, I did uber in my free time, and when I wasn't on deliveries I would practice on a land post like it was a heavy bag, obvious not hard), this guy he is a dick and a bitch, and everybody likes me in that store I go over their hug all the girls, and then that day i went to use the bathroom, and one guy who I'm cool with is like "adam!!" And then I'm like "what's up" and then that bitch is like what?!! And i go into the bathroom, this was the laughable part.

When i go into the bathroom I hear that guy say "I'm going to fuck that kid up", then I'm thinking to myself "this motherfucker really thinks he can fuck me up? " then I when the guy I was cool went into his car, I'm like to him "yo let him know if he wants to fight let me know" and he's like "ok". The guy didn't even want to fight.

He was a legit pussy, everybody in that area because that area is the hood, he's scared of, theirs even this one drug addict I think he comes in their when hes on heroin or something to give everybody a hard time, and a few months ago he got scared when I said I was going to knock him out because he got close to one of my friends who was pregnant at the time, and one of them is my friend and helped me while I was bleeding out in that store because I cut my hand on a wall accidentally, and she took me to the hospital. That guy is scared of him even whenever i was in that store that drug addict wouldn't come close to their. He was a legit pussy too (I actually don't know why no one ever said they were going to knock him out, 2 people in that store were former fighters, but they probably thought he would somehow call the cops or something.)

I was hoping for that pathetic GM to fight me, but he wouldn't. Even one guy whose friends with my brother said me and him would have a boxing match at his uncle's gym then when the day comes he says, I can't box with you but we can chill if you want. And I'm like don't ever get me excited like that ever again.

Lol dude I knew a guy who was the gm st the dominos I use to work for, I was suppose to be training for a fight (I was doing uber at that time, yes it is the same year I was training inNYC, I did uber in my free time, and when I wasn't on deliveries I would practice on a land post like it was a heavy bag, obvious not hard), this guy he is a dick and a bitch, and everybody likes me in that store I go over their hug all the girls, and then that day i went to use the bathroom, and one guy who I'm cool with is like "adam!!" And then I'm like "what's up" and then that bitch is like what?!! And i go into the bathroom, this was the laughable part.

When i go into the bathroom I hear that guy say "I'm going to fuck that kid up", then I'm thinking to myself "this motherfucker really thinks he can fuck me up? " then I when the guy I was cool went into his car, I'm like to him "yo let him know if he wants to fight let me know" and he's like "ok". The guy didn't even want to fight.

He was a legit pussy, everybody in that area because that area is the hood, he's scared of, theirs even this one drug addict I think he comes in their when hes on heroin or something to give everybody a hard time, and a few months ago he got scared when I said I was going to knock him out because he got close to one of my friends who was pregnant at the time, and one of them is my friend and helped me while I was bleeding out in that store because I cut my hand on a wall accidentally, and she took me to the hospital. That guy is scared of him even whenever i was in that store that drug addict wouldn't come close to their. He was a legit pussy too (I actually don't know why no one ever said they were going to knock him out, 2 people in that store were former fighters, but they probably thought he would somehow call the cops or something.)

I was hoping for that pathetic GM to fight me, but he wouldn't. Even one guy whose friends with my brother said me and him would have a boxing match at his uncle's gym then when the day comes he says, I can't box with you but we can chill if you want. And I'm like don't ever get me excited like that ever again.

<SelenaWow><puh-lease75>

Buy a gun and then you can instantly submit anyone.

Seriously guys how do you improve in fight sports?
I am suddenly the weakest guy in the gym and I have more experience than most people.

I am trying and experimenting and doing what not, but yet in the end of the day when spar day comes all is gone and I get my ass beaten :D

I do not want to be Tyson or stuff, just do well in the sport and beat ass, not getting my ass handled.

Any advices? I am really down atm.

weakest guy in the gym? Do you mean strenght wise? its not about how much you can bench press. I am older now but when I was younger, there was a point in my life where I was only 125 lbs wet wearing boots. Im also 5'7" and now 150 lbs, so I am still not a very big guy and I was regularly the smallest or one of the smallest guys in the gym. So dont get caught up in "lift weights bro" cause its not about that.

You should really focus on your technique, if the other guys are better than you, that would be why, not strength. Obviously to a certain degree.

As far as your sparring goes, sparring is practice, when I spar im not trying to beat ass. I dont need to with the spar and kick my training partners ass just like I dont need to "win the pads" and kick the "pads ass".

Mental: if you think you suck, you will suck. Try to think positively. We can all improve 1% a day right? Well at the end of the month thats 30%, at the end of the 3 months you are now 90% better! As long as you keep training, you cannot do anything but improve.

quote: theres 2 men, 1 thinks he can, 1 thinks he cannot, they are both right, which one are you?

Buy a gun and then you can instantly submit anyone.

False.' Anyone' includes others who also have guns. Them submit? Bullets will fly first.

I wouldn't worry about losing in the gym dude, it usually has no reflection on how good you are in an actual fight. Muhammed Ali was famously terrible in the gym sparring, but when the fight game came he knew what was up.

False.' Anyone' includes others who also have guns. Them submit? Bullets will fly first.

Gun fu buddy. It's next level though to anything you will learn in bjj class.

i dont know man, i know how you feel but now im finding the same answer as you

weakest guy in the gym? Do you mean strenght wise? its not about how much you can bench press. I am older now but when I was younger, there was a point in my life where I was only 125 lbs wet wearing boots. Im also 5'7" and now 150 lbs
Stopped reading after this

@shincheckin now added to the manlet list

Stopped reading after this

@shincheckin now added to the manlet list

<Lmaoo>

7_1430485565.jpg

this thread is funny, apparently he needs to lift weights, drink protein shakes, buy a gun, and attend gangster bbq's

upload_2018-8-9_22-55-52.jpeg

Back