I just saw Brendan Schaub driving on the freeway. Lol. Has a brand new black Ferrari

How the hell is he making any money? Do people actually listen to his shitty podcast?
I'm a little confused by it as well. The only time I really see/listen to him is on JRE and I never cared for him. Apparently he's selling out comedy shows (I don't think he's ever made me laugh) and he gets deals with Showtime to do stuff. I'm not one of his haters and good for him for making it after fighting I'm just baffled as to how it's all happening.

I'm a little confused by it as well. The only time I really see/listen to him is on JRE and I never cared for him. Apparently he's selling out comedy shows (I don't think he's ever made me laugh) and he gets deals with Showtime to do stuff. I'm not one of his haters and good for him for making it after fighting I'm just baffled as to how it's all happening.
What exactly is he doing for showtime?

Those guys probably make 20 grand a podcast off of sponsors alone on TFATK. That's an easy 40 gs a week. Then you throw in merchandise on top of that. He owes Rogan everything.
There is absolutely no way they make 20 grand from sponsors per episode. Not a chance. They clock in middling YouTube numbers with like 120k views total average per video, even after the videos have been up for a while; iTunes numbers are generally significantly lower, a fraction of that, especially for video podcasts. I would be extremely shocked if they were pulling in 5k-10k per episode depending on the amount of ads, since I don't use iTunes or Stitcher crap anymore and don't know how many ads they run per episode. Average podcast is like 2 sponsors with $15-30 per 1,000 impressions on a pre or mid-roll, and those aren't even allowed on Youtube. I don't see them doing live reads either. And his other podcast doesn't get shit for views.

So being generous let's give them 3 ads and half the YouTube views as legit ad impressions elsewhere, 60k, $20 per 1,000 cpm (impressions). That'd be $3,600 per podcast. And this is being pretty generous, I'd wager a lot fewer than 60k people are listening to this, let's be honest. Podcasts with a minor paywall and a quarter of those numbers as subscriptions will make quite a bit more. My guess is that Schaub hit a decent payday with the Showtime show, mainly from calling McGregor vs Mayweather, that's a big paycheck. And the podcast money isn't bad at all, don't get me wrong; using the estimates I made using industry standards, he can easily pull anywhere from 70-80k a year depending on weeks off just from a podcast.

So yeah, he probably makes in the low 6 figures a year in a good year like this, enough to lease a Ferrari; I know dudes who make half that money with a working spouse who do shit like that, lease a Lambo or something. Or he was a really good boy and Rogan gave him an extra allowance for a few months.

Last edited:
They get some ridiculous amount of downloads a month for his fighter and the kid podcast. I think it's like 10 or 20 million now. He also has his own mma podcast which is doing very well. He has a show on showtime. He also sells out theaters and comedy clubs on the road at like $40 a ticket or something like that. The guy is raking it in. He gets paid like a doctor for those projects individually, but when you combine 4 successful projects, its huge money

All that said I don't like the color choice. If I'm going balls out on an italian sports car its going to be bright. You can't go wrong with a ferarri but black is not my first choice
I would bet you 10 or 20 million dollars that they don't even get 10-20 thousand downloads a month; exaggerating a little bit, they probably do a little more than 20k, but that's a gigantic lie if Schaub ever said that. The absolute top 1% of podcasts, the cream of the crop, only get maybe 50k or more per episode while the top 10 are the ones that break into the 100-500k+ numbers; the variance in that top 1% is massive, from 5 figures to the high 6 figures in just a couple slots. This American life is only averaged a little over 500k per episode for a long time and they're one of the biggest radio shows/podcasts in history, if not the biggest.

I would bet you 10 or 20 million dollars that they don't even get 10-20 thousand downloads a month; exaggerating a little bit, they probably do a little more than 20k, but that's a gigantic lie if Schaub ever said that. The absolute top 1% of podcasts, the cream of the crop, only get maybe 50k or more per episode while the top 10 are the ones that break into the 100-500k+ numbers; the variance in that top 1% is massive, from 5 figures to the high 6 figures in just a couple slots. This American life is only averaged a little over 500k per episode for a long time and they're one of the biggest radio shows/podcasts in history, if not the biggest.
You definitely shouldn't gamble

they were getting close to 3 million downloads a month in 2015

https://mymmanews.com/fighter-and-the-kid/

There is absolutely no way they make 20 grand from sponsors per episode. Not a chance. They clock in middling YouTube numbers with like 120k views total average per video, even after the videos have been up for a while; iTunes numbers are generally significantly lower, a fraction of that, especially for video podcasts. I would be extremely shocked if they were pulling in 5k-10k per episode depending on the amount of ads, since I don't use iTunes or Stitcher crap anymore and don't know how many ads they run per episode. Average podcast is like 2 sponsors with $15-30 per 1,000 impressions on a pre or mid-roll, and those aren't even allowed on Youtube. I don't see them doing live reads either. And his other podcast doesn't get shit for views.

So being generous let's give them 3 ads and half the YouTube views as legit ad impressions elsewhere, 60k, $20 per 1,000 cpm (impressions). That'd be $3,600 per podcast. And this is being pretty generous, I'd wager a lot fewer than 60k people are listening to this, let's be honest. Podcasts with a minor paywall and a quarter of those numbers as subscriptions will make quite a bit more. My guess is that Schaub hit a decent payday with the Showtime show, mainly from calling McGregor vs Mayweather, that's a big paycheck. And the podcast money isn't bad at all, don't get me wrong; using the estimates I made using industry standards, he can easily pull anywhere from 70-80k a year depending on weeks off just from a podcast.

So yeah, he probably makes in the low 6 figures a year in a good year like this, enough to lease a Ferrari; I know dudes who make half that money with a working spouse who do shit like that, lease a Lambo or something. Or he was a really good boy and Rogan gave him an extra allowance for a few months.

I may have exaggerated a bit, but if you think they only make low 6 figures off their podcast you are out of your mind.

Back