I hope they start deducting points for all this hugging

dzut6f.jpg

Too much of this bullshit.

iirc that was the first time we really saw it in the UFC yeah?

Beginning of the last round of a war, I get it. But trying to force a "moment" and stall the fight like tonight? Point deduction imo

iirc that was the first time we really saw it in the UFC yeah?

Beginning of the last round of a war, I get it. But trying to force a "moment" and stall the fight like tonight? Point deduction imo

I have no problem for them being gay for each other, but save it for after the fight.

Korean Zombie has a really low fight IQ.

I agree.

It was cool the first time, but stopping to high-five with 13 seconds left in a 5 round fight that was clearly gonna be a close decision?? Why on earth would you do that?
It’s a shady tactic. It gets your opponent off focus, it stops his pressure, and gives you time to recover.

I couldn’t imagine all the training a work it takes to prepare for the fight and then wanting to play friends down the stretch.

As someone who has competed, I've always hated this practice along with touching gloves during the fight because it breaks a fighter's focus and rhythm but is considered "classless" if you don't go along with it.

I like Yair and I've been trying to tell people since the fight was announced that he's underrated and is dangerous for KZ but this is what distresses me about the fight and how it unfolded.

It was the THIRD time in the 5th round alone that this happened. All initiated by Yair.

The person who initiates it always has the advantage in this situation. It's like saying "Time out. Don't hit me right now or that's bad sportsmanship. Now that you've let up for me to mentally catch up while I take a moment away from YOUR focus, Time in." THREE TIMES in the 5th round alone.

Right before the stalling, KZ's approach was completely different than after. He had just thrown a punch and was carefully pressing Yair (not chasing) and was measured and focused. Then Yair initiates the stalling and KZ is too classy to hit him in that moment. It's no surprised that after the "RESET" Yair threw an aggressive combo.

I've been saying the whole time that Yair is way better than most people give him credit for but how that went down, still has me in "WTF" mode. Maybe I have OCD but I would have preferred Yair to win without all the shenanigans. I really feel for KZ. Can't think of a worse way to lose and that KO is the type that fighters are never the same after but I hope I'm wrong about this. Unfortunately that means KZ is going to have to take ANOTHER long layoff to recover.

I hope next time someone tries to initiate one of these the other fighter pops them with a jab. Hopefully this stupid "gesture" ends. They'll probably get grief from the dummies that call it "classless" though. Even worse is that touching gloves and other such gestures are "customs and unwritten rules" in martial arts and amongst fighters. You may not understand if you've not trained but "respect" is big in martial arts gyms because it's what keeps fighters egos in check and draws a line between training and trying to kill each other. Respect in the gym is needed but I digress.

Anyway, that's my rant. Go ahead and flame me but I'd love to hear a discussion. What do you guys think about all this?

You are right. So far the flaming. For me personaly it's that I like Yair and it was a good fight so it doesn't bother me. It doesn't happen often enough either to bother me.
But you're right.

i'm normally ok with it. barry / crocop is cool, the guy is his hero and they do it only once in the last round, no problem. but last night it was clearly intrusive, it was fucking with KZ's riddum.

i think yair is just a character and i don't think he was doing it to get a rest or anything, but KZ is a pressure fighter and it looked like it was throwing him off. 3 times in one round is too much, the ref should have given him a warning at least.

Completely agree. It disrupts your opponents timing and game-plan

After the first offence it should be a deduction for timidity/avoiding engagement.

As someone who has competed, I've always hated this practice along with touching gloves during the fight because it breaks a fighter's focus and rhythm but is considered "classless" if you don't go along with it.

I like Yair and I've been trying to tell people since the fight was announced that he's underrated and is dangerous for KZ but this is what distresses me about the fight and how it unfolded.

It was the THIRD time in the 5th round alone that this happened. All initiated by Yair.

The person who initiates it always has the advantage in this situation. It's like saying "Time out. Don't hit me right now or that's bad sportsmanship. Now that you've let up for me to mentally catch up while I take a moment away from YOUR focus, Time in." THREE TIMES in the 5th round alone.

Right before the stalling, KZ's approach was completely different than after. He had just thrown a punch and was carefully pressing Yair (not chasing) and was measured and focused. Then Yair initiates the stalling and KZ is too classy to hit him in that moment. It's no surprised that after the "RESET" Yair threw an aggressive combo.

I've been saying the whole time that Yair is way better than most people give him credit for but how that went down, still has me in "WTF" mode. Maybe I have OCD but I would have preferred Yair to win without all the shenanigans. I really feel for KZ. Can't think of a worse way to lose and that KO is the type that fighters are never the same after but I hope I'm wrong about this. Unfortunately that means KZ is going to have to take ANOTHER long layoff to recover.

I hope next time someone tries to initiate one of these the other fighter pops them with a jab. Hopefully this stupid "gesture" ends. They'll probably get grief from the dummies that call it "classless" though. Even worse is that touching gloves and other such gestures are "customs and unwritten rules" in martial arts and amongst fighters. You may not understand if you've not trained but "respect" is big in martial arts gyms because it's what keeps fighters egos in check and draws a line between training and trying to kill each other. Respect in the gym is needed but I digress.

Anyway, that's my rant. Go ahead and flame me but I'd love to hear a discussion. What do you guys think about all this?

Agree 100%. You either play along or look like an asshole on national TV. Yair’s output was fading big time and he must have wasted over a minute of fight time with this bull. KZ easily wins without the constant stop starting.

If zombie hadn’t stopped to hug and high five with 10 seconds left, there’s a good chance the fight ending sequence goes down differently.

I get digging and repeating your foe, but be buddies after the fight is over.

Don't hate the player, hate the game...

Yair took advantage of a fault Zombie has. His classiness...

I hated that shit last night, I was screaming at KZ to blow his face up when he did it that last time. One time during a war is ok, any more is excessive and definitely not with 10 seconds left in a close fight.

It's a bunch of self-indulgent bullshit. I want to watch these fuckers throw down. Before and during the action they should play the part of mortal enemies and always show respect afterwards.

I just don’t get it. You train your ass off and put your body through hell to prepare for the fight. Why the hell would doing this even cross your mind during a fight? From a viewers standpoint it looks like a clown show more than 2 guys showing each other respect

Don't hate the player, hate the game...

Yair took advantage of a fault Zombie has. His classiness...

Nice guys finish last and all that, KZ needs to spend some time living here in the US to get some asshole in him.

Back