I haven't watched a movie in the theaters in over a year, is it true you have Assigned seating now?

I love that shit
I can buy my tickets at home a couple days before the show and pick my coveted far right corner seat in the very back row right here through the glory of the internet
I'm OCD about movie theater seating, cant have anyone sitting behind me or next to me, so I used to have to show up at least an hour before showtime for big movie weekends just so I could make sure I got my seat but now I got no worries
Life is sweet

Plus all the theaters around here are in an arms race right now to be the facnciest ad most comfy womfyest which is leading to an amazing customer experience
No more stale popcorn and hard crappy seats, theyre all installing big ass leather recliners that damn near turn into beds, private viewing cubbies like little mini luxury boxes, great food, alcohol, better screena and speakers etc...
Every month one of the theaters gets something new and all the others gotta rush out and try to top it
Have I mentioned how sweet life is

The theaters near me have "assigned seating" (You choose your seats) and they do not cost any extra.

Why the fuck would anyone think choosing your own seat, and being guaranteed that is a bad thing?

I love that shit
I can buy my tickets at home a couple days before the show and pick my coveted far right corner seat in the very back row right here through the glory of the internet
I'm OCD about movie theater seating, cant have anyone sitting behind me or next to me, so I used to have to show up at least an hour before showtime for big movie weekends just so I could make sure I got my seat but now I got no worries
Life is sweet

What some thug or redneck decides to take your seats and refuses to move even if you smile and ask politely?

Wtf? I haven't been to the theater in a long time either. If they tried to assign me a seat, I'd assign my foot in their ass. That's how Jack Reacheround rolls. With his foot up asses.

Wtf? I haven't been to the theater in a long time either. If they tried to assign me a seat, I'd assign my foot in their ass. That's how Jack Reacheround rolls. With his foot up asses.
You pick your seat when you buy your ticket. It is not assigned to you.

It's only for when it's busy, really. New releases, MAX. No big deal.

Let me know when you can smoke weed in there, until then I'll be on the couch with a 70" curved screen. Fappity Fap!

God it must be utter shit driving.

What some thug or redneck decides to take your seats and refuses to move even if you smile and ask politely?
Ain't no reserved seating at the Redbox, jit.

But I have had several people sit in my reserved seat not knowing it was reserved seating. It takes them a while to move because usually it's a person who had no idea reserved seating was an option.

It's only some theatres, you can't buy assigned seats at all places, and it's not only if you buy online. I like it, no jockeying for seats, the places have huge recliners that can fit even the most morbidly obese in comfort.

You're not assigned, you pick your seats. And it's awesome cause you can reserve your seat and then get there 15 mins after the stated showtime without missing anything. They used to do the previews/commercials before the showtime but I've noticed that they start it at the showtime now and it pisses me off. Saw that shit movie Baby Driver last week and the previews for the other movies were almost as bad
LOL Bunz! You went on like 3 different tangents here.

The last movie I saw in the theater was boss baby. The seats weren't assigned because it was empty

If it wasn't for reserved seats i'd probably stop going to the movies all together unless I went to a show during the week when its empty. Previews are just under 30 mins these days which is torture.

Actually, a lot of theaters have installed reserve seating with fewer total seats in a given theater, but for a higher price. My favorite one near me has power recliners. It's boss as fuck.
The shittiest theater near me switched to this method a couple of years ago. It's now my favorite theater. All reserved seating with super cushion power recliners. If you flip up the center section it becomes a sofa. Fk getting there early so you can get a decent seat....then putting your stuff down and standing in line for popcorn or whatever. With the new method there aren't long lines to get in or at the snack bar.

Some cities require reserved seating because of the rush to get good seats causing injuries.

Back