I haven't watched a movie in the theaters in over a year, is it true you have Assigned seating now?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That sucks, I haven't watched a movie in over a year in theaters. But I heard that now when you buy a ticket you are a assigned a reserved seat number and have to sit there.

I miss the days when you could just walk in an pick a seat, so now even i the theater is half empty and im stuck sitting next to an annoying person Ill have to suffer the entire movie next to them and can't change seats?

Some theaters have that which is cool since you don't have to get there super early to avoid sitting in a shitty seat.

Actually, a lot of theaters have installed reserve seating with fewer total seats in a given theater, but for a higher price. My favorite one near me has power recliners. It's boss as fuck.

You're not assigned, you pick your seats. And it's awesome cause you can reserve your seat and then get there 15 mins after the stated showtime without missing anything. They used to do the previews/commercials before the showtime but I've noticed that they start it at the showtime now and it pisses me off. Saw that shit movie Baby Driver last week and the previews for the other movies were almost as bad

Only for certain theaters. There's still plenty that you can just walk in and get a seat. I kind of prefer getting a ticket beforehand though. If you're timely, you can pick the best seat in the house every time and you don't have to show up early.

I know if you buy online, you pick a seat online. Haven't bought a ticket at the theater in a long time though, so I don't know if it's the same at the theater too.

Assigned seating is motherfucking awesome.

#GETCHOASSOUTMYSEATBITCH!!!GETCHOASSSSSS

They do it at my local Marcus Theaters, the seats are comfortable ass reclining leather now.

I live in Vegas, and a lot of the movie theaters are transitioning to assigned seating with the comfy reclining seats. Gives you more room between people.

Also, more theaters are starting to serve things like alcohol, premier food, and legit coffee from legit coffee chains.

all we have is a drive in (legit if you blaze tho), but down in like Palm Springs they have IMAX joints where you reserve the seat, they recline, it's like a first class movie. Have alcohol and everything

And tickets are cheap enough that you can buy that seat beside you to ensure an empty seat.

Yes I hate people that much.

I don't go to movies at the theater often, but if there is something I really want to see relatively close to the opening you gotta do what you gotta do.

Out of the last 100 movies I've seen, probably 4-5 were at the theater.

You're not assigned, you pick your seats. And it's awesome cause you can reserve your seat and then get there 15 mins after the stated showtime without missing anything. They used to do the previews/commercials before the showtime but I've noticed that they start it at the showtime now and it pisses me off. Saw that shit movie Baby Driver last week and the previews for the other movies were almost as bad

its nice but also has the downside if you go to a half empty theater, and then you are stuck sitting next to someone who stinks, is annoying and you can't move to an open seat. or can you move to an open seat that isn't reserved?

its nice but also has the downside if you go to a half empty theater, and then you are stuck sitting next to someone who stinks, is annoying and you can't move to an open seat. or can you move to an open seat that isn't reserved?
Worst case scenario is someone shows up late and asks you to gtfo. But if you're like 15 mins into the movie and there's open seats it's probably safe to say no one has bought them

Show up late, the seat is still yours. That's why you pay a little more.

Worst case scenario is someone shows up late and asks you to gtfo. But if you're like 15 mins into the movie and there's open seats it's probably safe to say no one has bought them
why did they decide to transition to reserved seating?

That sucks, I haven't watched a movie in over a year in theaters. But I heard that now when you buy a ticket you are a assigned a reserved seat number and have to sit there.

I miss the days when you could just walk in an pick a seat, so now even i the theater is half empty and im stuck sitting next to an annoying person Ill have to suffer the entire movie next to them and can't change seats?
Haven't been in a year?

I've been twice in the last decade

Bourne Ultimatum & the first movie in the planet of the apes reboot in around 2011.

Back