I haven’t heard much talk about Pettis

The only result I was happy with that night. I didn't like Chiesa saying to Pettis at the weigh ins "see you in bellator"

Pettis should've laughed in his face, it sounds like he unintentionally implied he'd be in Bellator also since he'd see him there.

Pettis did exactly what he said and “went back to basics” and low and behold it worked!

Although, I don’t see him as a title contender, in no way, shape or form is he done. He’s fine. I’m happy he got a win and I’m anxious to see what the future holds for him.

No one is talking cause we all know he will shit the bed in his next fight

rinse repeat

Honestly his post fight interview was very enlightening.

He’s back to Duke and back to the old Pettis

Thats some nonsense. Styles make fights and Poirier just beat the shit out of him last time out. Chiesa just isn't that good. The top guys still all beat Pettis

I don’t know if the old Showtime is back and if Pettis ever has a legit shot at becoming champ again in such a stacked division. He did however look the best he has in quite a few fights now and it was a win that he definitely needed. If he stays in form there are some good fights for him. As another poster mentioned, Pettis vs Gaethje/Vick winner in Milwaukee would be pretty cool.

I realize now why fighters sometimes might hate to read this forum.

Chiesa isn’t a scrub, and Pettis looked good.

He doesn’t deserve a title shot right now but it’s silly to say he never will.

So much negative posts on here the guy just won against a good opponent and all some of you can do is discount it.

It cheapens the sport to call good fighters like Chiesa anything other than a good fighter. He’s not top 5 but he’s a solid fighter and had a significant weight advantage.

Haters gonna hate but I’m excited about what Pettis does next.

I thought Pettis looked great. This win against Chiesa basically seals the deal that he'll headline the Milwaukee card in the fall being that he's born and raised there and trains there at Roufosport.

I'd like to see Pettis vs. Gaethje/Vick Winner headline that card.

The only problem with Gaethje / Pettis is I like them both a good amount.

But that would be one hell of a fight.

Thats some nonsense. Styles make fights and Poirier just beat the shit out of him last time out. Chiesa just isn't that good. The top guys still all beat Pettis

Poirier was about to get triangle-fucked but the dumbass ref stopped it and stood them up too soon.

The only problem with Gaethje / Pettis is I like them both a good amount.

But that would be one hell of a fight.
I do as well but I want to see it happen before Gaethje is brain dead and Pettis isnt a contender anymore.

Pettis will never be a good wrestler, but he is one hell of a grappler overall. That performance was the best he's looked in years.

Despite knowing he's got excellent submissions, he always suprises me with how slick he is. Hoping he works his way up to a title shot against Khabib.

But he just beat a much bigger Chiesa and looked like his old flashy, confident self.

There were times when Chiesa manhandled him but he recovered and put the whooping on ol’ Michael.

Honestly looking forward to his next fight.

(One like if someone can get a gif of his sick off the ground kick)
He's been on such a bad run, let's see if he could pull 2 together and against someone higher ranked .......then I'm sure Anthony will again be in discussion of contenders in the heavily talented 155 division.

And tho I know Chiesa is a complainer, he definitely did have a bad weight cut and looked extra off in this fight.
Lol he didn't look extra off. He looked fucking huge and overconfident as fuck.

Last edited:
Easy one there. Sherdog hates Chiesa. So if you beat him, you're not going to get credit. People will just hate on him more.

Yea Chiesa was the betting favorite and most were picking him. Yep.

I think he beats Eddie in a rematch. He probably would've won that under the new unified rules.

Back