I haven’t heard much talk about Pettis

FireKidWS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But he just beat a much bigger Chiesa and looked like his old flashy, confident self.

There were times when Chiesa manhandled him but he recovered and put the whooping on ol’ Michael.

Honestly looking forward to his next fight.

(One like if someone can get a gif of his sick off the ground kick)

Showtime is back... time to work his way back up to being a contender.

I'm not ready to say Pettis is back since he beat an incredibly over rated Chiesa. Chiesa' best win, imo, was a fluke sub over Dariush after getting his ass handed to him. Chiesa is terrible on the feet, is a good sub artist but sucks at taking fighters down. He is also very u coordinated and just looks funny when he fights - Ronda-Esque goof ball. And tho I know Chiesa is a complainer, he definitely did have a bad weight cut and looked extra off in this fight.

I'm not ready to say Pettis is back since he beat an incredibly over rated Chiesa. Chiesa' best win, imo, was a fluke sub over Dariush after getting his ass handed to him. Chiesa is terrible on the feet, is a good sub artist but sucks at taking fighters down. He is also very u coordinated and just looks funny when he fights - Ronda-Esque goof ball. And tho I know Chiesa is a complainer, he definitely did have a bad weight cut and looked extra off in this fight.

If by “off” you mean “huge”, I agree.

He also looked fat & out of shape for 155, the dude is 100% a 145lber but he's not disciplined & USADA has killed his chances of being champ again. He needs to go to Bellator.

The only result I was happy with that night. I didn't like Chiesa saying to Pettis at the weigh ins "see you in bellator"

Kinda made me sad the ufc Wouldn't pay Pettis extra money for Khabib fight, sure khabib is 10x the wrestler Chiesa is but Pettis is so slick and in 5 rounds I think he'd have gotten atleast some cool sub attempts. Definitely more entertaining then the Al fight.

WEC PETTIS IS BACK

pettis_henderson6402.jpg

He said fuck that wrestling and just went back to what he knows best. Sometimes that's the best thing

He said fuck that wrestling and just went back to what he knows best. Sometimes that's the best thing

Honestly his post fight interview was very enlightening.

He’s back to Duke and back to the old Pettis

I thought Pettis looked great. This win against Chiesa basically seals the deal that he'll headline the Milwaukee card in the fall being that he's born and raised there and trains there at Roufosport.

I'd like to see Pettis vs. Gaethje/Vick Winner headline that card.

It was an inspiring performance. Like when Weidman tooled Fastelum before choking him out.

sucks to say it but chiesa quit on himself. good on pettis though.

i disagree. chiesa dosnt have the best stand up of the 155ers but he damn sure has good takedowns/trips.

I called Pettis to get an RNC in the 3rd, but his performance was even better than I predicted.

I thought Pettis looked great. This win against Chiesa basically seals the deal that he'll headline the Milwaukee card in the fall being that he's born and raised there and trains there at Roufosport.

I'd like to see Pettis vs. Gaethje/Vick Winner headline that card.
Would love that fight

I also think he looked great, always love his subs

I'm not sure he's back, or that he ever left. He was facing a grappler with worse striking who has been subbed multiple times. This was his kind of fight. If he can't get a sub he's screwed against the wrestlers of the division.

Back