I have to cut down my trees today

Two of those have been in my property since 1975, and one a fruit bearing Muntingia Calabura Tree!. That I really love for all the sweet fruits I can eat directly from the tree.

I thought I won't be sad but here I am so sad! I remember when we have to put down our pet Dog when I was 12.

Its not just a tree to me its like home I would climb it chat with my childhood friends on it throw fruits at each other.

Oh those where the days.

I have to cut it down because I need to do some renovations on the yard and the other three just got to big and is a hazard during strong Typhoons!

If the wood from the tree is good wood, take it to a custom woodworker and have him make you a unique table or something.

Here is a little tree starring commercial that should choke you up a little at the moment- if you have a soul that is. I was a wreck the first time I saw it.

my grandparents had a Century Plant when I was a kid in the backyard

had to cut it once the main stalk or whatnot got to like 75"+ in the air and started leaning haha

If the wood from the tree is good wood, take it to a custom woodworker and have him make you a unique table or something.

Here is a little tree starring commercial that should choke you up a little at the moment- if you have a soul that is. I was a wreck the first time I saw it.

Oh yeah that is a nice commercial..

Well our trees are not that big,thick and hard.. Lol.. not a hardwood type.

But wood!!!

had to cut it once the main stalk or whatnot got to like 75"+ in the air and started leaning haha

Yeah some trees they get brittle when they are really old or lean towards the house specially during the rainy seasons because the ground gets water logged.

I left the stumps so there is a possibility it might grow back and will just trim it like try to bonzai it but it may not grow back at all.

when my parents bought our childhood home, there were 2 small fir trees about 15ft from the house. 5 years ago the trees were cut down because of potential hazards during wind storms. i didn't fully understand why my mom was so sad about having to cut them down until read through these posts. thank you

Would be cool to take a picture with it posing like you just took down some big game animal.

Two of those have been in my property since 1975, and one a fruit bearing Muntingia Calabura Tree!. That I really love for all the sweet fruits I can eat directly from the tree.

I thought I won't be sad but here I am so sad! I remember when we have to put down our pet Dog when I was 12.

Its not just a tree to me its like home I would climb it chat with my childhood friends on it throw fruits at each other.

Oh those where the days.

I have to cut it down because I need to do some renovations on the yard and the other three just got to big and is a hazard during strong Typhoons!

Don't do it. Trees have soul.

Would be cool to take a picture with it posing like you just took down some big game animal.

I only have pictures of the stumps !
25yzpxk.jpg

20180213_162817.jpg

Mill the lumber and make something cool from it sher bro

If you take a cutting from the tree and propagate it, it will grow into an exact clone of the mother tree. That is if you have room for one somewhere else.

Just a suggestion.

I had a century plant as well, was amazing to watch it do it's thing. One day just the base plant, then suddenly that stalk grew extremely fast and shot up to around 50 feet in no time. I wonder if Jack and the Beanstalk was inspired by the century plant

I understand how you can get attached to a tree. When I went home for my Mom's funeral last year I saw the trees that the two of us had planted when I was a kid and I felt a connection to her. It'd be sad if I had to cut those down.

Perhaps you can take a seed or cutting from those trees and start them over. By the time they are large enough to be hazardous they won't be your concern.

The best thing you can do in this life is realize that nothing matters, and be ok with it.

Back