I have no idea why JDS vs Stipe 2 isn't getting more hype than it is

JDS fights once a year. He's on a ONE fight winning streak and gets a title shot lol

JDS' skill set and overall resume earned him this title shot

No complaints. He could easily be the best HW in the world on a good night

I hope I can get some tickets on the 24th, it will sell out fast

This fight should be blowing up on social media already, not often you get 2 heavyweights that are pretty much guaranteed to put on a classic.

Plus if Stipe wins again then it gives WME/UFC the opportunity to really push Stipe as the next big thing(or current big thing).

I agree it should be getting way more hype. Both fighters are tough as fuck and often deliver great fights. Bring on the hype!

Because they're not interesting outside the cage

You're welcome.

Due to the fact that for the last heavyweight championship fight at 203 CM punk was on the same card, for 211 we all wanted Maia to finally stop ducking CM Punk after over a year of avoiding him. We wanted this so that CM Punk could once again prove his greatness. We wanted CM Punk to be on the same card as the heavyweight title fight again, because after all he is the only welterweight that could destroy Cain Velasquez. Instead Maia chose the easy fight with Masvidal, knowing that CM punk could knock him out with a bodyslam. So basically because Maia ran away from CM punk and the UFC refused to make that money fight happen the fans said fuck your UFC 211 and its heavyweight fight. Maia is a pussy and his demands for a title fight are now shown to be bullshit because he has once again ducked CM Punk.
<3>

One factor I spose is that even though the first fight was dramatic it also came across as rather sloppy with JDS showing his typical weakness backing up and Stipe looking less than slick when pushing forward to exploit it.

WME knows that the public only cares about manlet and women's MMA.

HW title fight? Biggest fight that can be.

Fuck midgets and weightcutters. This is the real deal.

JDS fights once a year. He's on a ONE fight winning streak and gets a title shot lol

This and THIS to a T.

Beat me to it....JDS and his inactivity plus his one fight winning streak gets him a title shot......I have NO interest in this fight

because the UFC is pissed at Stipe for speaking about his money situation

so theyve been pushing francis like hes a champ and giving stipe JDS because they think its a tough match up

stipe burned his bridge. now he will burn the division.

because the UFC is pissed at Stipe for speaking about his money situation

so theyve been pushing francis like hes a champ and giving stipe JDS because they think its a tough match up

stipe burned his bridge. now he will burn the division.

I don't know about that. It's not like the UFC was doing a ton to promote Stipe and some of the other Champs anyways. Besides, who else were they going to give him? Cain is on the shelf. Stipe just ko'd Werdum. JDS recent record may not scream title shot, but there isn't a lot of ideal options at heavyweight, and considering the first fight was exciting, I think they made the best match possible (at this moment) for once. Also, it gives Stipe a chance to avenge his last loss, so I don't think they're trying to screw him here.

This and THIS to a T.

Beat me to it....JDS and his inactivity plus his one fight winning streak gets him a title shot......I have NO interest in this fight

Agreed. It's silly. I hope Stipe wins this because JDS shouldn't really be getting the shot right now.

JDS' skill set and overall resume earned him this title shot

No complaints. He could easily be the best HW in the world on a good night

His resume from 5 years ago, maybe. You see his last 4 fights?

Back