I have no idea why JDS vs Stipe 2 isn't getting more hype than it is

FlyThaiMMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have no idea why the rematch between these two isn't more hyped. The first fight was incredible. Two great MMA strikers that is damn near guaranteed to be fireworks. Stipe and JDS are always exciting. After the Khabib/Ferguson fiasco this is my favorite fight of 2017

It'll probably get more hype as we get closer to the date, although at the same time I half expect WME to completely ignore hyping it up as well.

The fight sells itself.

Because every one knows for sure that JDS will finish the job very fast

JDS fights once a year. He's on a ONE fight winning streak and gets a title shot lol

Neither can sell a fight, they're both very respectful about each other and will out on a good show, fighters build up excitement outside the cage.

Seriously, my dicks out already

As it gets closer, I think they will build it up quite a bit more

I have no idea why the rematch between these two isn't more hyped. The first fight was incredible. Two great MMA strikers that is damn near guaranteed to be fireworks. Stipe and JDS are always exciting. After the Khabib/Ferguson fiasco this is my favorite fight of 2017

Im thinking youre new here.

The week before the fight youll have all sorts of threads.

The week after youll see "goat" threads for the winner and "hes done " threads for the loser.

This is a great rematch. The first fight was a war and I expect nothing less this go around. Wait a month and there will be tons of hype.

You're right TS great points made. It's got a lot to do with the fan base in MMA, don't think many of them appreciate the sport like many on Sherdog do. But some of those fans stick around and their interest increases.

The week after youll see "goat" threads for the winner and "hes done " threads for the loser.
lol

You forgot a classic,

Stipe / JDS were never good. They fought old fighters. (Insert name here) would crush them. HW is dead

Due to the fact that for the last heavyweight championship fight at 203 CM punk was on the same card, for 211 we all wanted Maia to finally stop ducking CM Punk after over a year of avoiding him. We wanted this so that CM Punk could once again prove his greatness. We wanted CM Punk to be on the same card as the heavyweight title fight again, because after all he is the only welterweight that could destroy Cain Velasquez. Instead Maia chose the easy fight with Masvidal, knowing that CM punk could knock him out with a bodyslam. So basically because Maia ran away from CM punk and the UFC refused to make that money fight happen the fans said fuck your UFC 211 and its heavyweight fight. Maia is a pussy and his demands for a title fight are now shown to be bullshit because he has once again ducked CM Punk.

I'm certainly excited for it and I know I true fans are as well.

I'm rooting for Cigano so we can possibly get a rematch fight with JDS vs Reem or Werdum.

as we get closer it will

but I also don't think the second fight will live up to the first, ends within two rounds with one of them TKO'd

It's a fight between a guy finished by Struve and a challenger brutally knocked out the fight before last!

It's a fight between a guy finished by Struve and a challenger brutally knocked out the fight before last!
The HW division, ladies and gentlemen.

While the first fight was a war, they have pretty similar fighting styles, which makes it a bit less interesting IMO. The main difference is that Stipe uses more offensive wrestling/TDs and tries to back JDS up against the cage.

Sylistically, either fighter vs. Cain, Overeem, Werdum or Ngannou are more interesting fights (I realize some of those would be rematches, too). I don't want to see JDS vs. Cain again, though. JDS may take too much damage again and Cain probably wouldn't fight again for another 2 years.

Back