I have cancer

I hope you have good medical care and good luck as they are the only things that will help you.

Not true. A positive attitude( which he has ) and good diet and sleep coupled with good care will only help his chances of success.

You're gonna be fine big man.

Just set that goal of marrying your lady.

Think of the cost of the wedding, the years and years of unhappy sexless marital life, unruly kids and a terrible pension when you are an old timer.

You've got your whole life ahead of you this is merely a major inconvenience.

One day at a time bro.

Good luck dude. Stay positive.

"As a cancer patient who will die in the relatively near future, I believe rather that instead of reaching for the traditional battle language, [life] is about living as well as possible, coping, acceptance, gentle positivity, setting short-term, achievable goals, and drawing on support from those closest to you."

I've always felt that the battle language is off, it's your body, your cells, if cancer does kill you it's not that you lost a fight. A fight suggests it's up to you to some degree. I think if you do everything that's recommended you basically are at the mercy of fate. I hope she smiles on you.

I’m sorry brother. I wish you the best care and full recovery and a long, healthy life thereafter. I never had cancer but I know how it feels to be told by a doctor that you do.

Check out Gerson therapy, it may be "bro science" or it may give you your health back.

Get well!!!
All the best wishes.

Good luck sir. I hope you get some good news. A member of my extended family just came out of a bout with cancer. I asked all my friends to send positive vibes and healing light her way. I will do the same for you. We have the time each day to think of you and send energy or give our prayers or hope or whatever positive thing we believe in and it can't hurt. My thoughts are with you. You can overcome this. Of this I am certain.

Last edited:
Sounds like your hadling it well. I would be scared :( Good luck.

It's crazy how spontaneous life is.

Your life's going well, you're feeling good, proposed to the love of your life and your're on cloud 9, then BOOM! Something scary like this happens. My point is if something scary like this spontaneously pops up in your life, just know that if you put in the work and get through this rough patch, you're due for an even grander great moment later. Whether it's just an outlook on life or an event, keep fighting, beat it, and get what you're owed.

My mom had colon cancer when I was a kid and I was too young to really remember the whole time period but her outlook on life has changed, based on our conversations. She became a stronger person, appreciates life more, etc.

I feel for you man and I hope you beat this! I know you will, you're a sherdogger, dammit!

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that Sherbro.

I'm praying for you and your fiancé. You have each other, use each other's strength to keep you going, feed off each other. Cancer is a b@stard, but you got this! If the chemo kills your appetite, then ask your Dr. about "Herbal remedy" for that.

And NEVER forget that you have all of your Sherbros in your corner, shouting instructions as you back that b@stard into the fence!

NO MERCY!

We got your back Sherbro!

I had a cancer scare earlier this year,I don't have cancer,but they don't know what's wrong with me. I have nursed a wife through breast cancer though,and I won't lie,it's tough. But you have to keep the plans you made,and make new ones. Your gonna need some other shit to focus on,so this doesn't take over everything.

Very sorry to hear this news Seb. C is a SOB for certain, but I bet it didn't know he was picking a fight with an '06 account either. You gave the right mindset in that this will be a fight.

My only advice would be to make a list of everything you are thankful for and read it aloud everyday to help keep up your fighting spirit.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers sending positive vibes.

Durn bud so sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you. Think positive, have faith and keep your head up as your sherbros have your back

Hi everyone,

I'm at home alone right now waiting for my doctor to call me for emergency surgery and my mind is going a mile a minute.

I was hospitalized Monday the 13th with severe abdomen bloating and cold sweats. They did some scans and the following morning I was told it looks like I have cancer and that it has metastasized in my GI tract. I got a call last night from my doctor and he confirmed that it was indeed cancer.

I will know more tomorrow about the pathology of what I have and what treatment plan they have for me. I also have a PET scan scheduled for November 30 which will determine what stage of cancer I have. As of now we're not even sure where it originated. A scan revealed a lymphnode near my heart is bigger than normal but they don't know if it's cancer.

I proposed to my girlfriend in Paris 3 weeks ago (at the top of the Eiffel tower). We were in full wedding planning mode and had all the big stuff lined up (venue, photographer, DJ, menu etc) for an Aug 25 wedding. Now everything is up in the air. I don't even know if I'll still be alive by then. I'm not afraid of dying I'm just afraid of losing those I love behind and them hurting over losing me. This is truly what I struggle with most.

I am going into this with a fighter's mentality. Despite what I just said, I don't feel as though I'm going to die. I'm ready to put on my gloves and go 15 rounds.

Have any of you had cancer? Please share your stories and help out a fellow Sherbro.

Seb
do you have a family history of cancer? any lifestyle choices that you made which you think may have exacerbated it? Im sorry to hear man. keep fighting brother

Hi everyone,

I'm at home alone right now waiting for my doctor to call me for emergency surgery and my mind is going a mile a minute.

I was hospitalized Monday the 13th with severe abdomen bloating and cold sweats. They did some scans and the following morning I was told it looks like I have cancer and that it has metastasized in my GI tract. I got a call last night from my doctor and he confirmed that it was indeed cancer.

I will know more tomorrow about the pathology of what I have and what treatment plan they have for me. I also have a PET scan scheduled for November 30 which will determine what stage of cancer I have. As of now we're not even sure where it originated. A scan revealed a lymphnode near my heart is bigger than normal but they don't know if it's cancer.

I proposed to my girlfriend in Paris 3 weeks ago (at the top of the Eiffel tower). We were in full wedding planning mode and had all the big stuff lined up (venue, photographer, DJ, menu etc) for an Aug 25 wedding. Now everything is up in the air. I don't even know if I'll still be alive by then. I'm not afraid of dying I'm just afraid of losing those I love behind and them hurting over losing me. This is truly what I struggle with most.

I am going into this with a fighter's mentality. Despite what I just said, I don't feel as though I'm going to die. I'm ready to put on my gloves and go 15 rounds.

Have any of you had cancer? Please share your stories and help out a fellow Sherbro.

Seb
My father was diagnosed with low grade lymphoma not too long ago. Just finished his chemo.. it destroyed him physically and mentally. He still isnt back working and he's been off since a year. Hes finally getting his strength back but it is an incureable cancer that is supposed to be back within 5 years.

My advice to you is to see a therapist for depression which mostly everyone who has been diagnosed goes through. You dont want to end up in a bad place mentally, trust me. Alot of cancer survivors also have PTSD.. your mental health is important dont be ashamed to get help for it through your battle.

I wish you the best.

Hi everyone,

Seb
My mother has battled through two rounds of breast cancer. The most recent one was tough. Chemo, then surgery, then radiation. But, she did it, and you can too. You've got the right mentality already, and you just have to maintain your spirit.

So, whenever it's tough, come on the 'Dog and we'll lift your spirits the only way we know how. By pointing out the real tragedy here, which is your pathetic join date. Cheers.

Hi everyone,

Seb

A lot has to do with how quick they catch it and how aggressively they can treat you.

As a young guy you'll be able to handle treatment better than an older person so your odds for beating it just went way up.

My wife recently passed from it, but it was pretty far progressed when we found it and none of the chemos she tried worked for her. You'll be in my prayers.

A positive outlook is the single most important contribuuor to positive outcomes in cancer treatment.

Hang in there!

All the best bro

Hang in there, stay strong, your sherbrothers & shersisters have your back.

Back