I have a new single

Jesse Pinkman

Life's a risk, carnal
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I recently started a new band. This is our first single. Hope you enjoy l!

Damn dawg. That's awesome. What's your role in the band?

Damn dawg. That's awesome. What's your role in the band?
Thank you so much! I sing and play guitar in the band and write the songs. We're a three piece

I like the vocals alot, and the melody.

I do not like the drums to be honest. Mainly during the verse, that drag beat he does doesn't fit IMO. When you're not singing it's fine. You guys sound like you know what you're doing, I might just not care for that sound.

Check out my video if you want, I made a thread in this forum earlier.

Last edited:
Hey guys I recently started a new band. This is our first single. Hope you enjoy l!

I dig it man.

At some parts it was a tad hard to hear the vocals over the instruments, but you guys sound legit

we can self promote on sherdog?

Apparently

I do not like the drums to be honest. Mainly during the verse, that drag beat he does doesn't fit IMO. When you're not singing it's fine. You guys sound like you know what you're doing, I might just not care for that sound.

I appreciate that feedback a lot! I'll definitely keep this all in consideration. We're going to be recording a couple more songs in the next week as well so it's something to keep in mind

I dig it man.

At some parts it was a tad hard to hear the vocals over the instruments, but you guys sound legit

I really appreciate that! Your username is fucking hilarious by the way. We're recording again soon like I said. it's really cool to hear generally positive feedback about the first song we recorded. I'm really proud of what we were able to do.

More backstory. My wife is playing bass in the song as well. She picked it up only about 5 months ago. She's Been such a trooper

Apparently

I appreciate that feedback a lot! I'll definitely keep this all in consideration. We're going to be recording a couple more songs in the next week as well so it's something to keep in mind

I really appreciate that! Your username is fucking hilarious by the way. We're recording again soon like I said. it's really cool to hear generally positive feedback about the first song we recorded. I'm really proud of what we were able to do.

More backstory. My wife is playing bass in the song as well. She picked it up only about 5 months ago. She's Been such a trooper
Damn, that's awesome that your wife's in the band as well.

I know jack and shit about music, I just hit play and if I like it, then I like it, and I liked it lol you have a good voice as well

:( I've been at it for two years. Still learning.

lead guitar could be a little louder, I found myself struggling to listen for it in parts. sounds good overall.

"This video is not available"

That was my thought as well. That kick drum hit right before the snare is distracting to the ear...it takes away from the song instead of enhancing the song. Sounds like there is a lot of compression on the mix as well, a little too much for my ear...too much "sucking" coming from the compression (in compression terms not "the song sucks"). The song has a nice vibe, seems like you nailed the vibe actually.

Damn, that's awesome that your wife's in the band as well.

I know jack and shit about music, I just hit play and if I like it, then I like it, and I liked it lol you have a good voice as well

Thank you so much! We both appreciate it a lot. We're on Facebook too Facebook.com/manhighmusic

:( I've been at it for two years. Still learning.

Dude rock bass is a lot of rhythm and pentatonic scale. That's it. I would love to hear your playing sometime!

lead guitar could be a little louder, I found myself struggling to listen for it in parts. sounds good overall.

Definitely will keep this in mind at the studio next week. I really appreciate it.

"This video is not available"

The song is also on Spotify. Our facebook page has it there. If you're international the song is on other streaming services like Deezer.

Facebook.com/manhighmusic

That was my thought as well. That kick drum hit right before the snare is distracting to the ear...it takes away from the song instead of enhancing the song. Sounds like there is a lot of compression on the mix as well, a little too much for my ear...too much "sucking" coming from the compression (in compression terms not "the song sucks"). The song has a nice vibe, seems like you nailed the vibe actually.

I appreciate that feedback! The compression is likely the mastering. We got some really cheap mastering done. It cleaned it up a lot but was probably more of a hip hop master than I thought

This is the first time I've ever played leads. I'll make sure and take noteb

Last edited:
I'm loving all the feedback thank you guys!

If you're a Spotify listener here's the link

Two more singles coming soon. Also hitting a west coast tour starting next week. Hit me up if you're interested!

Back