I have a 2002 X-Box - what do I do with it??

list it on craigslist for ~$10 and we can take bets if someone buys it before or after someone tries to rob you.

Didn't those old xbox's have a bad capacitor that you must replace.

If I could use it to play movies and music on my TV, that would be cool.

Must one be a tech wizard to "mod" an xbox?

This is effectively a foreign language to me.
Send a message to irvgotti452 on thecoverproject.net and he'll mod it for you or you can youtube how to do the mod. I had irv do the mod for me because Xboxes are old now and usually need to have the leaky capacitors removed and I wanted someone experienced to do it. I'm a gamer so it was worth paying to have this done right and have the mod installed rather than figuring it out myself.

If you want to go the cheap route to just use it as a dvd player you can order the xbox dvd remote for like $10. Just keep in mind that older Xboxes will probably stop working eventually due to the leaky capacitor issue.

Sell it. I collect old Xbox gear. I have about 7 different original X box models in my house at the moment. Like 6+ 360's as well. Maybe 200-300 boxed Xbox / 360 games. They are effin' amazing for LAN parties albeit you may need to invest into some proper CRT's.

Sell it. I collect old Xbox gear. I have about 7 different original X box models in my house at the moment. Like 6+ 360's as well. Maybe 200-300 boxed Xbox / 360 games. They are effin' amazing for LAN parties albeit you may need to invest into some proper CRT's.
<{Joewithit}>

Back