I have a 2002 X-Box - what do I do with it??

EatMyShorts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah - I moved into an apartment and it was left here, with an LG TV (no remote, buttons don't work), and DVD player.

No controllers, no power cord - just the box.

It seems like a corruption of societal position to leave it in the garbage room but - I have no fucking use for it.

Would it be worth anything if I tried to sell it?

Eat it.

Have heard modders like OG Xboxes for specific elements/parts.

Jebus

I just checked a second hand site - motherfuckere are actually giving these things away.
With controllers, games, all that shit.

Crazy town.

Take something you don't want anyone to ever find. Tie it to the Xbox. Throw it off the boat and watch it sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Be careful, it might be a cenobite cube to hell disguised as smithsonian x-box

Yeah - I moved into an apartment and it was left here, with an LG TV (no remote, buttons don't work), and DVD player.

No controllers, no power cord - just the box.

It seems like a corruption of societal position to leave it in the garbage room but - I have no fucking use for it.

Would it be worth anything if I tried to sell it?

you could probably easily turn it into a toilet.

Mod it my buddy bought one years ago at second hand for like 40 bucks and it had thousands of snes gba and n64 games

you’d prob have to pay Gamestop to take it

Fix the capacitors and install coinops8. Duh.

I would never part with my modded xbox. Who needs a nes/snes classic when you have 4,000+ games?

<seedat>

Firstly - I don't play games so, this "mod" that ya'll keep referring to, is going completely over my head.

It's just hard for me to believe that, such a complex work of electronic art - must go to the garbage.

I can't actually do that.

Modding it is completely useless to you because you're not a gamer, and its worthless. Fuck, I don't know. Give it to a homeless person for kicks? Drop it out of a fourth story window and watch it smash into a million pieces? Put a chain on it, wear it around your neck and become "XBox Man" for Halloween?

What advice are you looking for here? Its just a piece of junk to you. Treat it like junk.

Last edited:
Firstly - I don't play games so, this "mod" that ya'll keep referring to, is going completely over my head.

It's just hard for me to believe that, such a complex work of electronic art - must go to the garbage.

I can't actually do that.
Lots of people modded the original xbox’s And used them as media centers for movies and music and shit.

There are tons of things you can do with them.

Donate it to charity. It's a 18 year old console, don't be greedy man.

No one is gonna buy that shit anyways. Lmao.

It might not even work. I went through like 4 of them, and the only games I can even remember owning are Halo 1/2 and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.

Blow it up and YouTube it for lulZ

I soft modded mine when I had it and had a load of Xbox games installed on it. Can't figure out where the hell it is now.

But yeah, donate it and write off 40 bucks on your taxes or something

If I could use it to play movies and music on my TV, that would be cool.

Must one be a tech wizard to "mod" an xbox?

This is effectively a foreign language to me.

Back