I hate watching fedor fight

Mit is not even a world class fighter. Been saying this for ages. Prime Fedor sleeps him but, its been far too many years of fights like Choi/Monson/unranked etc. is the biggest fallout. Read previous posts. Picked rd 1.

There it is - another KO - like I said, he's now prone to KOs like no out in MMA.

The worst thing is, I now have to wonder if he'll die a day later, like that MMA fighter in a boxing match. It's freaky.

Look Fedor's age may show Matt should have a big speed advanage...but I don't think Mitrione is a world beater.

Monson/Choi/Ichiii? This is the aftermath.

I wish when he was a stud, we got a UFC run, we got a fight with Reem. Twice that fight was turned down man. Lost interest then.

Good for Matt to step up to the Tim Hague situation. Props big man.

There it is - another KO - like I said, he's now prone to KOs like no out in MMA.

The worst thing is, I now have to wonder if he'll die a day later, like that MMA fighter in a boxing match. It's freaky.

No. Lets not get ridiculous. Fedor is still GOAT HW but, with years of can crushing after 2005, this is the fallout.

I made the Jones Jr. example. Years of being p4p best, clearing out division, and then, came the can crushing and coasting versus mandatory challengers. RJJ beat John Ruiz @ HW. He returns to LHW, fights Tarver, gets saved by corrupt American judges. Rematch = rd2 KO by Tarver.

Years of can crushing backfired on RJJ the same way it did Fedor IMHO. Those losses, Prime Fedor starches IMHO. Also, lets not forget the loses to guys on GEAR/TRT/ROIDs should be taken into account IMHO.

Monson/Choi/Ichiii? This is the aftermath.

I wish when he was a stud, we got a UFC run, we got a fight with Reem. Twice that fight was turned down man. Lost interest then.
Wow that fight was wild and Matt's semi concussed post fight interview was nuts.

I thought it was pathetic when Fedor was fighting Bret Rogers. Wasn't that like 8 years ago or some shit? His legacy is
c57aed6e90ea8aecc83e82444f0c447c_original.jpg

Me too, should have never worshiped young Fedor

No. Lets not get ridiculous. Fedor is still GOAT HW but, with years of can crushing after 2005, this is the fallout.

I made the Jones Jr. example. Years of being p4p best, clearing out division, and then, came the can crushing and coasting versus mandatory challengers. RJJ beat John Ruiz @ HW. He returns to LHW, fights Tarver, gets saved by corrupt American judges. Rematch = rd2 KO by Tarver.

Years of can crushing backfired on RJJ the same way it did Fedor IMHO. Those losses, Prime Fedor starches IMHO. Also, lets not forget the loses to guys on GEAR/TRT/ROIDs should be taken into account IMHO.
Roy Jones Jr. in his prime was just on another level to where he would turn anyone into a can but once he lost a step got over confident he got cracked and his boxing style was never going to age well.

I thought it was pathetic when Fedor was fighting Bret Rogers. Wasn't that like 8 years ago or some shit? His legacy is
c57aed6e90ea8aecc83e82444f0c447c_original.jpg
CAN'T PHASE FEDOR FANS SON WE DONE WON. HE WILL ALWAYS BE THE GOAT UNMOVEABLE SON HEAR MY WORDS TO THE CORE

Wow that fight was wild and Matt's semi concussed post fight interview was nuts.

Fedor was a beast in pride. I wish as a butthurt fan, we got a UFC run and a Reem fight.

Not going to lie, I am butt hurt lol

The thing is, Reem has a suspect chin, and Fedor has stupid KO power especially in both hands. Sucks we missed that fight.

Roy Jones Jr. in his prime was just on another level to where he would turn anyone into a can but once he lost a step got over confident he got cracked and his boxing style was never going to age well.

I am on yellow so, I will word this carefully.

According to Rogan on JRE podcast, he said RJJ was on "MEXICAN SUPPLEMENTS." I cannot agree nor verify said results but he fought @ HW and won a belt. Not the actual HW champ but one of the sanctioning body belts. Still pretty epic in his win over John Ruiz.

A return to HW, RJJ looked rough. Speed was lost. Timing was off. Maybe he got old. Hands down in the rematch and Tarver slept him.

Similarly, Fedor fighting Choi/Coleman/Monson/Linland among other cans is the same sort of fuckery that pisses off a die hard fan. I am a FIGHT FAN 1st > all else. I am pissed GSP ducked Anderson/TW/Count/Hendricks rematch too. As a fight fan, I want these super fights but, as a GSP fan, I am happy he didn't end up looking like Franklin/reconstructive facial surgery. Prime Andy was scary.

Point is, a fighters prime is fragile like a woman's SMV/Aesthetics. Once its gone, its game over, and all the wishing wont bring it back.

Fedor was a beast in pride. I wish as a butthurt fan, we got a UFC run and a Reem fight.

Not going to lie, I am butt hurt lol

The thing is, Reem has a suspect chin, and Fedor has stupid KO power especially in both hands. Sucks we missed that fight.
Horse meat Reem vs Fedor would have been a must watch. Everyone will be quick to say Fedor is done and he looked terrible but they could fight 100 times over and I doubt the double knockdown transition to ground and pound KO by Matt would happen again.

Now, what you are saying is absolute bullshit. The reason being, Fedor become prone to KOs not because he stopped fighting top competition, but because it's a biological process - a trauma, if you will, that occured due to age and too many punches in the head.

Getting punched more does not lead to better KO resistance - if it did, Muhamad Ali would have been KO-proof for eternity. In fact, given Fedor's current KO susceptibility, it seems likely that if he were to have fought top competition at all times, he'd become prone to KOs even faster. That's just biology.

Anyways, learn biology - stop applying the 'the more you do it, the better you become' logic to biology, where rules are very different.

I feel the same watching my favorite fighters. I hardly enjoy the fight when it still happening, I get too nervous. But when the one that I like wins I love to rewatch. I think the best kind of fight is between top fighters which I dont care about who wins. Example: Cody x TJ. Not a fan of either, but really enjoy their fights.

Horse meat Reem vs Fedor would have been a must watch. Everyone will be quick to say Fedor is done and he looked terrible but they could fight 100 times over and I doubt the double knockdown transition to ground and pound KO by Matt would happen again.

@ 40, there is little chance of bouncing back from that. Even the time he took off after retirement, the fights he took after the loses, and the drugs/PEDs/GEAR used in the sport like TRT fuckery is BS.

If you remove GEAR user loses, Fedor's record is all the more impressive. Personally, I don't even count those loses.

Weird fucking card. Strangeness. The Chandler injury, the near double ko. Flash stoppage Picco fight. Weird.

Cannot wait for the main event. lol

Roy Jones Jr. is also very prone to getting KOed these days. The first thing that goes for top fighter are not their skills, but their ability to take a punch -
Then again, RJ was a speed based fighter - he had amazing speed and he lost that too due to age. His style is still awesome, but without the same speed, it looks like a show off.

Back