I had to choke my brother in law unconscious

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
I had to evacuate for Hurricane Irma a few weeks ago and packed up my dad, sister, brother-in-law and her kids and we all went to my another family members place a few states away, in the rural country. My sister and him have been having issues lately, and my father and I have really just tried to help sort things out between the too. Fast forward to the day to head back home, my brother in law apparently had stayed up all night drinking after they had argued the night prior. We get in a beg yelling fest, telling me to kick his ass and started talking shit about other family members, but things then cooled down, briefly.

We pack our two cars and leave out through some gravel roads in the country. My brother in law takes off in the car at about 70mph through these tight roads. We catch up to them and my sister and him were both screaming at each other because he was driving crazy and was suddenly drunk, which was weird because he was sober as we were leaving, he must of chugged a bottle of booze before closing the front door, as we were waiting on him. My father and I get out of the car to see what is going on, and after hearing about the situation, we then begin to chastize him for being drunk behind the wheel with his 8 year old children in the back seat. He then starts yelling at us calling us all crazy and kept bringing up all the sensitive stuff he could bring up to try to hurt us. The kids were screaming, my sister was screaming, and then he ran up on my dad like was going to hit him.

I came from behind and got the arm under the neck and tossed him down, took his back and already had the choke locked in. Held it for about 5 seconds as he was starting to black out then I let go and kept just the one arm under the chin. I told him I would put him to sleep if he kept acting up. I then trapped his arm in the body triangle and held him there for a few minutes, he tried to muscle out, but he was drunk, in shock, and in check mate. Or I thought

After letting him up, he then starts yelling at me saying why did you choke me? I said he has out of line and intoxicated, he then called my sister a bitch, and my dad said:"If you say that one more time, I gonna knock your head off." He called my sister a bitch and my dad landed a power hook to the jaw knocking him out cold. My dad is in his 60s and is on oxygen, but he is also 6'2 265. I jumped on top off him and said you fucked up and he must have been unconscious for 5 seconds. He got back up eventually and we argued back and forth some more and got in the cars , without him and left.

He had to greyhound home, and did so with a broken jaw, has to get it wired shut. My sister is divorcing him, and now he is going around telling people that we jumped him. His ego cant admit that he separately got dismantled by his brother in law and father in law, twice, but separate coinciding events. Either that or he was blackout drunk.

When we got home, we found a gun in the center console of my sisters car. He had bought a gun while we evacuated and planned to kill himself, or us. Pretty scary stuff, but as time has gone by, I have felt better about the situation. I had to defend my family and me and my father did. Felt pretty good to take care of matters. He is gonna be in some serious trouble, and probably watched by the police. We have already been told that our behavior was justified.

Basically if I didn't choke him out, and my dad knock him out, he might of gotten that gun, which we didn't know it was there at the time, and killed us or himself

Last edited:
Why are you so sure he was going to kill himself or you?

came in excited, hoped for a TL;DR, left not having a clue what happened

dayum dude that's intense, glad to hear your family is ok

IMOP -Self defense looks like this for "normal" people more than getting jumped on a back street or a bar fight. This is why I like grappling. I can control the amount of force used.

I think this qualifies as a "Florida man" story.

The police don't "watch" anybody.
That is a nice way of saying it
Why do women fall for such fucking losers?
In all fairness, he was a decent dude. Drugs, alcohol, and mental health issues got to him and now he is off the rails.
came in excited, hoped for a TL;DR, left not having a clue what happened
TL;DR

Brother in law attempts to attack my father. I choke him out and gets up and gets knocked out by my disabled senior father. Mixed emotions.

Because in the middle of a domestic situation, he went and bought a gun. Either that or he was trying to frame my sister in case she got pulled over.

yeah I know tell me about it.

I'm not defending him at all, but are you sure he didn't buy a gun because of the hurricane and looters, rapists etc?

Again, I'm not doubting he's an asshole...

I'm not defending him at all, but are you sure he didn't buy a gun because of the hurricane and looters, rapists etc?

Again, I'm not doubting he's an asshole...

We were in the back country of Kentucky where everyone knows us. He bought the gun while we were in Kentucky. He bought it without anyone's knowledge and had it hidden. I think the most likely scenario was he was thinking about suicide. He kept saying everything was being taken from him, but it was his own doing, but the fact that he had it said a lot. That is why he started drinking.

Last edited:
You got to get your phone out and video tape that shit to protect your asses. Glad you guys are okay.

Can't be true. Everybody knows Bjj is useless in real life situations. You're either lying or you better go get checked for hiv asap.

Dude, I'm so sorry you have such a dangerous piece of shit as an in law. I'm glad he did not hit your dad though. Good job

I had to evacuate for Hurricane Irma a few weeks ago and packed up my dad, sister, brother-in-law and her kids and we all went to my another family members place a few states away, in the rural country. My sister and him have been having issues lately, and my father and I have really just tried to help sort things out between the too. Fast forward to the day to head back home, my brother in law apparently had stayed up all night drinking after they had argued the night prior. We get in a beg yelling fest, telling me to kick his ass and started talking shit about other family members, but things then cooled down, briefly.

We pack our two cars and leave out through some gravel roads in the country. My brother in law takes off in the car at about 70mph through these tight roads. We catch up to them and my sister and him were both screaming at each other because he was driving crazy and was suddenly drunk, which was weird because he was sober as we were leaving, he must of chugged a bottle of booze before closing the front door, as we were waiting on him. My father and I get out of the car to see what is going on, and after hearing about the situation, we then begin to chastize him for being drunk behind the wheel with his 8 year old children in the back seat. He then starts yelling at us calling us all crazy and kept bringing up all the sensitive stuff he could bring up to try to hurt us. The kids were screaming, my sister was screaming, and then he ran up on my dad like was going to hit him.

I came from behind and got the arm under the neck and tossed him down, took his back and already had the choke locked in. Held it for about 5 seconds as he was starting to black out then I let go and kept just the one arm under the chin. I told him I would put him to sleep if he kept acting up. I then trapped his arm in the body triangle and held him there for a few minutes, he tried to muscle out, but he was drunk, in shock, and in check mate. Or I thought

After letting him up, he then starts yelling at me saying why did you choke me? I said he has out of line and intoxicated, he then called my sister a bitch, and my dad said:"If you say that one more time, I gonna knock your head off." He called my sister a bitch and my dad landed a power hook to the jaw knocking him out cold. My dad is in his 60s and is on oxygen, but he is also 6'2 265. I jumped on top off him and said you fucked up and he must have been unconscious for 5 seconds. He got back up eventually and we argued back and forth some more and got in the cars , without him and left.

He had to greyhound home, and did so with a broken jaw, has to get it wired shut. My sister is divorcing him, and now he is going around telling people that we jumped him. His ego cant admit that he separately got dismantled by his brother in law and father in law, twice, but separate coinciding events. Either that or he was blackout drunk.

When we got home, we found a gun in the center console of my sisters car. He had bought a gun while we evacuated and planned to kill himself, or us. Pretty scary stuff, but as time has gone by, I have felt better about the situation. I had to defend my family and me and my father did. Felt pretty good to take care of matters. He is gonna be in some serious trouble, and probably watched by the police. We have already been told that our behavior was justified.

Basically if I didn't choke him out, and my dad knock him out, he might of gotten that gun, which we didn't know it was there at the time, and killed us or himself
your dad needs to lose some weight.

Shit, your sister should have divorced him a long time ago.

Back