I got my first 3 Subs in Jiu-Jitsu today, each was weird & I can't really remember how i did them

SpiderFan187

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm a white belt and have been training for around a month now (2 days a week), I'm a taller guy not overly mobile and I find exploding into arm bars to not be my kind of thing. Last week I was rolling with someone and he told me to focus on what I feel is natural and go with instinct over trying to premeditate moves so I went into with that in mind and I left a happy chap.

I rolled with 2 guys, both on the same level as me and I tapped the first guy in my guard both times where I caught an arm, I think what I did was I held 1 arm down to the mat so either his palm or knuckles were on the matt and I then put pressure on the back of his elbow with the front side of my elbow while holding his forearm with my hand. That makes no sense reading but it all happened very quickly and i'm trying to remember what I did so if you know a move that sounds like what I tried to explain please share.

Rolling with the other guy he was moving from transition to transition very quickly and I was pretty buggered from the previous roll so I thought I'm just going to catch my breath and while he was attacking my arm his foot was near my face so I ankle locked him. I was just hoping to get a standard chock in at some point so I'm happy and buzzing right now :)

Congrats. Try to roll with some of the blues and purples now to stay humble but enjoy the small victories as they come

Maybe a self defense style standing armbar, but from the guard?

first day i tapped another white belt with an americana from inside his guard.

i knew i was obviously destined to be a legend.

8 years later, i realize i wasnt that legendary.

Congrats. Try to roll with some of the blues and purples now to stay humble but enjoy the small victories as they come
I've been rolling with them and they've been tapping me, I don't have an ego and am enjoying learning and when I get tapped or swept I try to work out wtf happened and they are nice enough in telling me what they did.

Maybe a self defense style standing armbar, but from the guard?

When I went back in I was trying to work out what it was, I think what I did was I held the end of his sleeve (near his hand) and held in on my side pressing up against the side of my chest and as he was trying to push it out and in turn straighten it with the other hand I reached over and pulled his elbow inwards.

first day i tapped another white belt with an americana from inside his guard.

i knew i was obviously destined to be a legend.

8 years later, i realize i wasnt that legendary.

Damn I feel for you, 10,000 posts and still a white belt

Forget about your sub from the guwrd you did, for what I’m reading is something you only going to do people very low skills, or any to be honest. Maybe I didn’t understand you though...

Your feeling the submission high, enjoy it I couldn’t sleeep well for like 2 days after my first sub...

Forget about your sub from the guwrd you did, for what I’m reading is something you only going to do people very low skills, or any to be honest. Maybe I didn’t understand you though...

Your feeling the submission high, enjoy it I couldn’t sleeep well for like 2 days after my first sub...

Haha at this point I feel basically the exact same if I tap or get tapped. My Academy is really good about guys checking their egos so it's a super relaxed atmosphere. I've only seen one guy ever get butthurt about getting tapped. No one likes that guy. Instructor sent him home on the spot. It's funny because he's this asian incel white Knight virtue signaling SJW beta phag and all the other Asians shit talk him relentlessly.

But yeah anyway I remember those highs from the first couple taps

Back