I got a virus bros, all computer bros get in her to help a doggy out

RockstarChris

Dwight Belt
Banned
Reaction score
My internet (Chrome) keeps going to test.com. I deleted chrome, deleted cookies data, no extensions installed, and whenever I try to type in a website it goes to test.com.

There are no programs installed and I am pretty smart when it comes to computer thingies. I cant seem to fix this and I am about to delete my entire computer.

Help me Obi Wans, your my only hopes.

use HitmanPro, you gotta buy it, but its the best anti-malware out there

Run an AV and find out what is causing it. In many instances the AV software can get rid of it, but sometimes you need to manually remove things from your registry. If it is a known virus than YouTube should have tutorials on how to remove.

Try a system restore.

Whenever some dodgy shit happens to me, I hit system restore, wait 20 minutes and it will restore your computer to a date the virus was never on there.

I ran a full Microsoft security essentials scan and it showed I had a Trojan and I clicked remove, and it didn't fix it

Get a very good malware filter. Most of the offer a free 30 days trial so if you're broke just cycle through them.

I pay for malaware (I think) and it's pretty good. Had a mate complain about his computer so we installed the trial version, had never seen so many bugs.... ever.

I thought I fixed it and reinstalled chrome again and test.com still pops up. im gonna nuke this computer from orbit.....its the only way to be sure. RIP shoops

Try something real quick. Navigate to your Hosts file here:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open it up. It's just going to be a text document. And look to see if there is any mention anywhere in the file of test.com.

Whenever my work computer has an issue and I call the IT department they say "did you try restarting it"

So did you try restarting it?

If so I'm out of ideas. You'll probably have to get a new computer internet service provider also known as an isprovider-do-hickey-majigger.

You are welcome.

If you can make it to the webpage to install it, try getting Malwarebytes.

putersmash.gif

boot into safe mode with network access

d/l malware bytes & then run it in safe mode

Back