i get surprised everytime i see how small europoor homes are

Yes to the USA and I live on the East Coast.

Good choice that and the New England states are truly the best area of the country if you ask me. Everyone assumes it is dirty and shit but there are some beautiful parts and the proximity to everything is amazing. You could live in some nice parts of say NJ or lower NY and be a stones throw away from other major cities and a quick drive to the Appalachian mountains and a quick drive to AC or the Shore. It is hard to beat! Plus who doesn't love 4 seasons a year? and proximity to the Ocean and easier access to Western Europe and Canada? Oh and the trains can more or less take you anywhere if you don't want to drive.

It's a weird thing. My house is a 2400 squarefoot stilt house on by a river beach front property. One roommate. I pay 800 a month, (I will own the house in 10 years) and live in a nice area of town in a major city in texas.

It's just a bunch of peter pans living in apartments without any real jobs until they get out of college so their credit sucks so they move into shit apartments. I've been working since 16 and have great credit.

Basically it's a mixture of peter pans, lazy kids and the baby boomers coming to reality that no one wants to buy their over priced homes, so they drop the prices. So if you can buy a house here and you have credit you can buy a great house cheap if you hold your ground with a bid.

Apartments are for suckers and shitheads.

There's actually been deliberate policy changes made here to encourage less suburban sprawl and the filling in of the "doughnut cities".
Apparently it's also a more common lifestyle decision now, because it isn't cheaper.

Good choice that and the New England states are truly the best area of the country if you ask me. Everyone assumes it is dirty and shit but there are some beautiful parts and the proximity to everything is amazing. You could live in some nice parts of say NJ or lower NY and be a stones throw away from other major cities and a quick drive to the Appalachian mountains and a quick drive to AC or the Shore. It is hard to beat! Plus who doesn't love 4 seasons a year? and proximity to the Ocean and easier access to Western Europe and Canada?

there are lots of places that have everything. even here for example, i can snowboard, surf and ride a dirtbike in the desert on the same day. i can also drive to downtown LA in like 40 minutes with no traffic or drive to vegas in a few hours

i CAN enjoy snow in big bear, but i also dont have to deal with snow if i dont want to, ever

where do you live?

It isn't a bad thing depending on the demographics and people around you. Many pretty girls depending on the city. The same cannot be said with many American cities that have light rails because many.

I mean there are European cities that don't have 'hood culture/ghetto culture'. America is also really unhealthy/fat/ and has a disgusting amount of trash subcultures.

This thread also needs my boy @Thames, to shed some light on living in Denmark!

I have talked about living in Denmark on the Mayberry forum.
I don't even know what this thread is supposed to be about. Seems like OP just posted a statistical fact, and made clear that this fact suprises him.

It would be stupid to think that statistics on house sizes in this regard correlate with wealth though (thinking about his use of the term "europoor"). A tiny 1 bedroom apartment in Copenhagen costs A LOT more than a big mansion in Alabama. Demand, culture and living space determines house sizes; Not wealth.

But you;'re the one who made that comparison initially?

No. I compared housing sizes, not quality of life, vacations and travel, and a host of other things that are not comparable.

I actually wrote about this yesterday.

Europeans are "culture rich". Meaning all they tend to have is overly expensive shoes that could be worn by both sexes, weird overly tight pants, some crappy flamboyant shirt followed by having no car, a 8x8 shit apartment with a community bathroom, barely any food (for real the average european has virtually no food at home besides some weird basic food like flour, eggs and milk that's it, generally nothing to cook food with minus an oven usually no refrigerator.

Europeans are basically poor. See they make alot of money but their cost of living and tax rates are so high they can barely afford anything.

I have talked about living in Denmark on the Mayberry forum.
I don't even know what this thread is supposed to be about. Seems like OP just posted a statistical fact, and made clear that this fact suprises him.

It would be stupid to think that statistics on house sizes in this regard correlate with wealth though (thinking about his use of the term "europoor"). A tiny 1 bedroom apartment in Copenhagen costs A LOT more than a big mansion in Alabama. Demand, culture and living space determines house sizes; Not wealth.

tenor.gif

No, I didn't really say that you were bashing the US, but actually, a lot of Americans have a very utopian view on Europe and a very pessimist opinion of the US.

Ah, I get what you mean. It's the other way around here too. I know lots of people who've moved to San Francisco, New York or LA. They keep telling us we're barbarians and everything is better there too.

I think the conclusion to take is that it's just different. Both Northern Europe and most of the US are very nice regions to live with a high standard of living. I think the same goes for a lot of countries in Asia too, I've been to Malaysia, Singapore and Dubai for example, and the people there seem happy and have a good standard of living.

Yup.

During my interview they were like "so, would you commute from Bellingham?" and my brain was like "will you pay for my fucking gas? Or if I move down will you pay my first and last month rent?"

just move and rent on the the eastside if you want a bigger space.. you can also get a cheap studio in renton..

Ah, I get what you mean. It's the other way around here too. I know lots of people who've moved to San Francisco, New York or LA. They keep telling us we're barbarians and everything is better there too.

I think the conclusion to take is that it's just different. Both Northern Europe and most of the US are very nice regions to live with a high standard of living. I think the same goes for a lot of countries in Asia too, I've been to Malaysia, Singapore and Dubai for example, and the people there seem happy and have a good standard of living.
Well, Dubai you need to be a multi millionaire in order to have a decent standard of living don't you? Otherwise you're in a slum

Well, Dubai you need to be a multi millionaire in order to have a decent standard of living don't you? Otherwise you're in a slum
That's what people think, but since everybody who works for Emirates lives there too, and they get pretty nice houses from what I hear, it's not just millionaires.

So, out of boredom I started looking at Federal jobs. Secret Service is constantly accepting applications so I decided to go "fuck it, let's take a gander at studio apartment rent amounts

Seattle... I was looking at places that were $1000 a month and like 250 sq feet

DC... I found a place in Anacostia, literally a stones throw from the Hill almost... $900 a month... for 650 square feet

GET YO SHIT TOGETHER SEATTLE!

there are lots of places that have everything. even here for example, i can snowboard, surf and ride a dirtbike in the desert on the same day. i can also drive to downtown LA in like 40 minutes with no traffic or drive to vegas in a few hours

i CAN enjoy snow in big bear, but i also dont have to deal with snow if i dont want to, ever

where do you live?

NorCal is way better. 4 hrs drive to several national parks

So, out of boredom I started looking at Federal jobs. Secret Service is constantly accepting applications so I decided to go "fuck it, let's take a gander at studio apartment rent amounts

Seattle... I was looking at places that were $1000 a month and like 250 sq feet

DC... I found a place in Anacostia, literally a stones throw from the Hill almost... $900 a month... for 650 square feet

GET YO SHIT TOGETHER SEATTLE!
Anacostia.....no thanks. There is a reason the rent is affordable there(some places). The crime rate in that area is ridiculous.

Anacostia.....no thanks. There is a reason the rent is affordable there(some places). The crime rate in that area is ridiculous.
Well shit

I saw other areas right around Capitol Hill in like Alexandria that was priced the same though too

Back