I gave a guy one minute to KO me with 10oz Gloves

BrazilPitbullUS

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Thought this is pretty entertaining and insightful. I have over 10 years mma training on and off, 3 fights and about 15 years of martial arts training. My brother ocassionally spars, hits the heavy bag ever since he was a teenager he thought he could knock me out in one minute if I didn't throw any punches back as most people would think. Anyway I gave him his chance, very small area 10oz gloves and I let him go for the KO with no retaliation, only movment and flowing with the puches. Here's the link, thanks and enjoy

Looks like good defence, did he get anything through that you'd have classified as a good strike? And has your brother been huffy about not being able to do anything to hurt you when you were doing nothing to retaliate?

If he was trying to knock you out, he's not very good. He had a great chance to put an overhand right on your ear many times, and failed to do so. Meh.

Your brother has better hands than 90% of "top level" WMMAers.

Why is the other guy throwing from a mile away? He could have closed the distance and throw more hooks and uppercuts.

You should try this next. Would watch

It looks like he's going easy on you, mostly throwing with 60% power aiming at your shoulders and body instead of your head. Also, his technique is incredibly sloppy and telegraphed so even if he landed you would probably still be standing. ;)

What can we deduce from this?
You have a nice brother.

I KOed my friend in 15 seconds....I was playing as Sticky Fingaz in Def Jam and just dummied him as Method Man lol....about as relevant as you're story

Your defense sucks and your brother throws punches like a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Willie Pep supposedly once won a boxing round without throwing a punch. The judges were allegedly so in awe of his defense and - taken in conjunction that his opponent was completely ineffective - awarded him the round.

Willie used to hang out all over Hartford. Told me this story himself (not that it was not common knowledge). Nice guy but I don't know whether to believe it or not.

Looks like good defence, did he get anything through that you'd have classified as a good strike? And has your brother been huffy about not being able to do anything to hurt you when you were doing nothing to retaliate?
No my brother was cool about it, I'm sure he held back a bit. He got in 3 or 4 good shots but mostly to the top of the head. I got a hard head.

It looks like he's going easy on you, mostly throwing with 60% power aiming at your shoulders and body instead of your head. Also, his technique is incredibly sloppy and telegraphed so even if he landed you would probably still be standing. ;)

What can we deduce from this?
You have a nice brother.
LOL

Back