I finally figured out why Joe Rogan has always been biased against Jose Aldo.

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think anyone who has watched his fights has noticed that Rogan has always had a bit of a bias against Jose Aldo, and I think I finally figured out why.

I haven't watched this video in a while but it popped up in my suggestions, I have never noticed before that in the legendary Joe Rogan vs The Ice Spill video the cornerman is in fact a young Jose Aldo when he was WEC champ.

"Those cornermen, someone needs to kick their ass" - Joe Rogan

I think you are reaching on this one.

I seem to remember Joe always being very complimentary of Jose. He absolutely gushes over his leg kicks and loves to point out that Jose was an avid soccer player, which explains his leg and foot dexterity.

He was pretty harsh during "ice gate" though. I laughed my ass off when that happened.

I'd love to hear the story of how exactly you wound up watching the prelims for UFC 109 ... pretty wild weekend huh?

Joe has had a boner for Aldo for as long as I can remember. This thread is invalid and utter malarkey.

tenor.gif

That’s Aldo? When did he ever have his hair cut like that? Also love Rogan going full prime Robert Deniro there. What are you doooing? Get back in theeerre<[analyzed}>

young Aldo with the fade lol

kinda looks like Marlon Sandro too?

Never really noticed a Rogan bias against Aldo except for the leaked "he looks smooth and deflated" audio.

I know Schaub can't bring up Aldo's name without also mentioning USADA.

Laughed harder at Bispings shitty highlight clips in the advertisement prior to the video.

young Aldo with the fade lol

kinda looks like Marlon Sandro too?
Young Aldo has GOAT hair

To comment on TS’s question, Rogan was riding Edgar pretty good in the first Aldo fight. Aldo won 49-46 comfortably but Rogan was very anti Aldo/pro Frankie in that fight.

It wasn't even Aldo's fault, the other guy was holding it.

Probably the move of the fight.

Never really noticed a Rogan bias against Aldo except for the leaked "he looks smooth and deflated" audio.

I know Schaub can't bring up Aldo's name without also mentioning USADA.
That was Condor hype. Same with Condor vs Chad... Condor connects with a grazing left “OOOH BIG SHOT BY CONOR!!!!”. Chad lands a clean overhand “Chad attempts to go on the offensive”. Srsly?
Rogaine’s a shitty commentator. DC and Cruz are GOAT. Smart, analytical fighters > Middle-aged amateur BJJ guy.

Back