I don't understand, why didn't Lim check those leg kicks?

wu

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Didn't he see Weidman vs Anderson? :eek:

People saw Weidman vs Anderson II and now all of a sudden think checking leg kicks is some new next level shit that will change the entire game

Tarec actually throws leg kicks with proper technique, so it wouldn't have had the same horrible effect as Anderson's, anyway.

after 20+ years of muay thai, anderson silva doesn't throw leg kicks with proper technique now.

Tarec set up his leg kicks when Lim was coming forward - or with strikes.
Plus, Lim is doesn't seem to have good kickboxing technique anyways - he is more of a brawler.

He knew he was fighting a leg kicker yet it looks like he didn't even check one leg kick in his training camp, even after what happened in the Weidman - Silva fight. Wtf Lim coaches?

after 20+ years of muay thai, anderson silva doesn't throw leg kicks with proper technique now.

No, at least not in that fight he wasn't. I assume it's because if he were to throw them the 'correct' way, he would've left himself more open for the takedown.

It's easier said than done.

Also, he avoided and countered plenty of the leg kicks.

Just Tarec was mixing up too well and landed more than Lim could defend.

He was probably looking to counter and wanted to sit down on his punches

People saw Weidman vs Anderson II and now all of a sudden think checking leg kicks is some new next level shit that will change the entire game

This x1000

I'm honestly baffled that people don't know how rare that is.

He could've possibly broken Tarec's leg 10 times in there.

He probably couldnt even see them before he reacted.
..and too slow as well.

I have fought amateur Muay Thai and train on a regular basis.
We all know how to check low kicks, doesn't mean you can't land them if you set them up.
Checking kicks is not magic, you need to time it or you would pay with punches for lifting your leg when there is no kick.
And Lim was checking all he could after his leg got mauled, actually he checked a good amount considered how wrecked he was.

This x1000

Yeah, but it blatantly proved what was known a long time ago and what seems not many UFC fighters know: checking leg kicks is a pretty good/efficient tactic against leg kickers.

Tarec set up his leg kicks when Lim was coming forward - or with strikes.
Plus, Lim is doesn't seem to have good kickboxing technique anyways - he is more of a brawler.

If i knew i was going in against a leg kicker the first thing on my mind at the beginning would be to look for the leg kicks and check them properly.

If i knew i was going in against a leg kicker the first thing on my mind at the beginning would be to look for the leg kicks and check them properly.

And then you'd get knocked out after being feinted.

Don't forget the other guy's throwing punches to KO you too.

And then you start watching for his punches and he kicks you in the leg.

This

He tried to check the kicks and then tarec just aimed at a slight downward angle and wrecked his calf/foot area.

Saffiedine's kicks are lightning fast, properly set up and timed just right. I wish he had that "killer instinct" though. Guy's mad "athletic and explosive" since his dad is from the Middle East but goddayum did Lim show sisu that night. Hat's off to him

This x1000

I don't think he means to break Saff legs lol just to reduce the damage he was taking, I think lim could have drilled it more for sure

Back