I Don't See How Covington Can Beat RDA

Colby Covington is not Khabib, he hasn't got 10% of the skill that Khabib has. Simply calling them both wrestlers and therefore acting as if they're equally skilled fighters is completely stupid.

RDA also lost to Tibau and Guida. Do a little research before projecting (i.e., calling someone else stupid).

Who's the best wrestler he's faced since Khabib? Or are you basing this on him ragdolling guys like Pettis and Nate Diaz?

To answer my own question, the best wrestlers he's faced since Khabib have probably been Bendo and Eddie Alvarez...but he was on the giving and receiving end of 1st round KOs in those fights, so it's hard to say how he'll handle a bigger wrestler now.

Who's the best wrestler he's faced since Khabib? Or are you basing this on him ragdolling guys like Pettis and Nate Diaz?

And who is the best guy that Covington has outwrestled, the Dong?

Never thought I would hear the announcement of RDA and Covington for a title. Just doesn't feel right.

Woodley must be pissed .. as after winning the title @ UFC 201, he defended at UFC 205 .. again at UFC 209 and most recently at UFC 214 vs Maia

I guess the only positive from T-Wood's side is RDA-Covington knocks off a contender.

The racist snitch is the bigger guy and a pretty good wrestler. He has a chance via lay-n-pray.

By decision but hopefully RDA ko’s him in the first

Woodley must be pissed .. as after winning the title @ UFC 201, he defended at UFC 205 .. again at UFC 209 and most recently at UFC 214 vs Maia

I guess the only positive from T-Wood's side is RDA-Covington knocks off a contender.
I'd rather not knock off Covington, he is an easy win and extends my championship reign, if I am Woodley.

Meh I could
Make a case for Colby winning

I don't think he will though

I honestly cant see how he even manage to put his signature on a contract. But then again, he gets people to talk about him. Kudos to him. We need american asshole wrestlers anyway. We need all types of assholes in the UFC. They make things interesting.

I didn’t think there was any way he’d lose to Eddie and he did.

I think RDA is better literally everywhere. He is the MUCH better striker, his jiu-jitsu and grappling should be more than enough to thwart Covingtons best weapons, and he is much more aggressive and technically sound on the feet. From a non-biased persoective, how does Covington win this fight?
Covington punches him hard on the chin. It's RDA's weakness and honestly I think he lucked out by not taking any hard shots yet at 170. It's a matter of time.

^maybe so, but triangular logic doesn't always work in MMA. Maia wrecked Sonnen .... yet it was Sonnen who gave Anderson Silva the tougher fight (at least the first time around)

I'd rather not knock off Covington, he is an easy win and extends my championship reign, if I am Woodley.

Well if Woodley didn't want an Interim title he shoulda found an opponent to fight. **Dunno how the situation for Woodley shapes up, provided RDA-Covington happens .... will Woodley be able to get in a title defense in June-July (which I doubt)? So guess Woodley has to wait out the winner

Plus the (Colby) fight would be insanely hyped up.

^maybe so, but triangular logic doesn't always work in MMA. Maia wrecked Sonnen .... yet it was Sonnen who gave Anderson Silva the tougher fight (at least the first time around)

Well if Woodley didn't want an Interim title he shoulda found an opponent to fight. **Dunno how the situation for Woodley shapes up, provided RDA-Covington happens .... will Woodley be able to get in a title defense in June-July (which I doubt)? So guess Woodley has to wait out the winner

Plus the (Colby) fight would be insanely hyped up.
It doesn't always work that way, but Covington has to ride out Woodley, he doesn't win a standup game. And that is going to be hard. Stylistically, Woodley is terrible for Covington. Sonnen/Maia/Silva played out exactly how you would think stylistically.

As for Woodley fighting earlier, I honestly have no idea what's going on there. I haven't kept up. It very well could be his fault, no idea.

And who is the best guy that Covington has outwrestled, the Dong?

Uh, maybe Maia, who gave a younger Jon Fitch nightmares with his grappling? And submitted Magny, Story, Matt Brown, Condit, etc.?

Back