I don't get something about steroids.

I have a welder buddy who was 300 lb finished product around and lifting 150lb sheets of metal all day. Not exactly small weight being thrown around for 8 hrs.

I don't know where people get the idea that factory work is just light weight stuff all day.

It's all empty cardboard boxes in a warehouse running a carousel scam.........

I have a welder buddy who was 300 lb finished product around and lifting 150lb sheets of metal all day. Not exactly small weight being thrown around for 8 hrs.

I don't know where people get the idea that factory work is just light weight stuff all day.
People who've never had to work a real job

It's just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If I were you, I'd probably worry more about my brain than my muscles. How many people do you know who can work out for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week? But any schmuck seems to be able to do a warehouse job, with their only qualification being that they can't get anything else. Working a warehouse is obviously not higher intensity than working out. It may or may not be higher volume, but that is something very different.

It's just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If I were you, I'd probably worry more about my brain than my muscles. How many people do you know who can work out for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week? But any schmuck seems to be able to do a warehouse job, with their only qualification being that they can't get anything else. Working a warehouse is obviously not higher intensity than working out. It may or may not be higher volume, but that is something very different.

Which proves you've never had to work in one.

The majority of factory work is not going to include much heavy lifting.

Pretty much, most labouring in factories is controlled in most Western countries via some sort of manual handling laws, if you are talking about freelancers or very small companies, even these are having to come into line.

I guess warehouse workers are the toughest, strongest sobs around... happy op?

Comparing them to gym rats is some high standards too

The majority of factory work is not going to include much heavy lifting.

I don't think I ever mentioned anything about "the majority of factory work". I dont' think anyone expects 'working man strength' from a light work factory job. @El Chimpo 's job definitely builds strength.

I don't think I ever mentioned anything about "the majority of factory work". I dont' think anyone expects 'working man strength' from a light work factory job. @El Chimpo 's job definitely builds strength.
Glass plant life bro

Lami line foe life

Glass plant life bro

Lami line foe life

Can you comment on changes from lifting to where you are now strength wise? Have you tried lifting since working at the glass place? what do you notice to be different?

Can you comment on changes from lifting to where you are now strength wise? Have you tried lifting since working at the glass place? what do you notice to be different?
Trimming the vinyl off the edges of glass for hours builds forearms.. Lifting the glass and putting onto a table hits the whole body...seaming the glass gets core strength

All in all im physically stronger...i throw 60 x 60 150 lbs around like bedsheets

Havent really been in the gym since i started because its basically a gym in there

And thats not commenting on rackloading...where we grab the glass coming out of a hot oven at 150 degrees and stacking it on a clave cart

You stated "I don't know where people get the idea that factory work is just light weight stuff all day." They probably get that idea because the majority of factory jobs are that way.

I used to work for a moving company. I would lift heavy boxes and furniture into and out of trucks in the same day. It was 12 hour work days during the whole summer. I always had to go to the gym on Sunday which was my only day off, because working all that hard labor didn’t do much for hypertrophy or strength. All the constant lifting on the job was done with technique. It was a brutal grind on the body with minimum benefits. If anything, hard labor is more like cross fit, where you burn a lot of calories, but doesn’t do much for muscle hypertrophy.

Not a great comparison. Working a warehouse is higher intensity than working out
If that's true for you, then you're working out wrong.

I've done a few manual labor jobs. The guys who had done it a long time were all slower than me in the morning and much faster than me in the afternoon. I was used to sports and would have been willing to wager a lot that I was in by far the best shape of anyone working on the roof for a half hour or less. 10 hours is a different animal, though.

As others have said, manual labor is about endurance. They aren't "lifting heavy". You mentioned lifting 75lbs for hours at a time. That is definitively an endurance workout. 75 lbs is not heavy by workout standards, not even close.

Thats like asking why do people run for 1 hour and get so tired when people in the restaurant industry walk around and stand for 8 hours yet dont need steroids

???

Lifting is purposely causing micro tears in your muscle. Think about the intensity
And are fat!!!

A steroid is supposed to help you build muscle without rest days, effectively helping you recover faster and build muscle faster.

Yet people work hard labor jobs 5 or so days a week...10 hours of heavy lifting in a warehouse with only 1 hour of a break inbewteen usually. This work is contant.

Yet when you do workouts you only workout for maybe an hour or so, with rests in between.

So why is it that you need steroids for "recovery" for a workout like that when people do harder work for 40+ hours a week and don't need steroids to recover for the next day? Are steroids a placebo?

I was a timber faller for many years. Worked on steep ground and carried about 50 lbs of gear all day in 100 degree weather in the summer and negative degrees in the winter.

I didnt keep track usually, but a handful of times i weighed myself before and after work, and one time i remember i was 7 lbs lighter, and that was after drinking 1 gallon of water all day.

All that sweating and hiking with 50 lbs and i was still gaining body fat.

Long duration work seems to increase tendon and ligament strength based on what primary body parts are used, but seems to increase stress hormones and does have a negative effect on the thyroid based on bloodwork i had done.

That type of work is catabolic to muscle growth, and has a negative effect on protein synthesis.

Steroids definitely are not a placebo considering they change positive protein synthesis and nitrogen retention from hours to days.

Labour workers are obviously much more conditioned to this line of work. Your average gym rat would not have a great time doing a 10hr intensive labour shift lol.

As above steroids are far from placebo. The increase MPS is massive.

Back