I don't get something about steroids.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
A steroid is supposed to help you build muscle without rest days, effectively helping you recover faster and build muscle faster.

Yet people work hard labor jobs 5 or so days a week...10 hours of heavy lifting in a warehouse with only 1 hour of a break inbewteen usually. This work is contant.

Yet when you do workouts you only workout for maybe an hour or so, with rests in between.

So why is it that you need steroids for "recovery" for a workout like that when people do harder work for 40+ hours a week and don't need steroids to recover for the next day? Are steroids a placebo?

Look at the resulting physiques of those working labor jobs. They're usually lean and optimized for 8hrs of work rather than 1hr of "heavier" or 5 seconds of explosive NFL-type efforts. The results speak for themselves.

Most guys taking steroids don't want to look lean and work for 8hrs a day. I think that's a self-evident truth.

Thats like asking why do people run for 1 hour and get so tired when people in the restaurant industry walk around and stand for 8 hours yet dont need steroids

???

Lifting is purposely causing micro tears in your muscle. Think about the intensity

People that work manual labor have built up the work capacity.

Thats like asking why do people run for 1 hour and get so tired when people in the restaurant industry walk around and stand for 8 hours yet dont need steroids

???

Lifting is purposely causing micro tears in your muscle. Think about the intensity

Not a great comparison. Working a warehouse is higher intensity than working out. You might squat and lift hundreds of boxes (up to 75 pounds or more for 9.5 hours. In the gym you might lift weights intensely but only for 1 hour

So cant you build up the capacity working out without roids?

The point is that most of those workers are slaughtered the first couple weeks on the job. They eventually get used to it and their body adapts. It's the same concept with lifting. I'm able to lift 6 days a week now without any issue. When I first started, I could probably only do 2-3 days and I'd be sore as hell. So obviously you can build up a work capacity without steroids, but do the benefits of steroids really need to be explained? It's hard to tell if you are trolling here or just naive.

The point is that most of those workers are slaughtered the first couple weeks on the job. They eventually get used to it and their body adapts. It's the same concept with lifting. I'm able to lift 6 days a week now without any issue. When I first started, I could probably only do 2-3 days and I'd be sore as hell. So obviously you can build up a work capacity without steroids, but do the benefits of steroids really need to be explained? It's hard to tell if you are trolling here or just naive.

But arent you better off building a natural capacity that you did rather than using outside means is what I'm saying.

But arent you better off building a natural capacity that you did rather than using outside means is what I'm saying.

They are called performance enhancing for a reason dude...

Not a great comparison. Working a warehouse is higher intensity than working out. You might squat and lift hundreds of boxes (up to 75 pounds or more for 9.5 hours. In the gym you might lift weights intensely but only for 1 hour
Most people (dead)lift and squat a lot more than 75 lbs dude.. it may be more tiring because of the duration, but it’s not more intense.

Strength endurance vs Maximal strength

Most people lift and squat a lot more than 75 lbs.. it may be more tiring because of the duration, but it’s not more intense.

Sure but if you squat say 200 pounds people usually do 3x12s

At work you might do 1000+ boxes a day of 75 pounds.

I Understand tho that working is more full body movement compared to the isolation excercises

???

What in the actual fuck? LMAO - you obviously don't know people who are lifting heavy stuff for 8 (or even 10) hrs a day.

@El Chimpo Why don't you explain how things work.

In addition to what oblivian said, its better to max out naturally then use roids = absolute best results. That said, not everyone wants to.

I think TS wants to know how to be a better warehouse worker, EPO is a bigger help for low weight endurance work, you will become the Lance Armstrong of the warehouse workers world................ Tour de Warehouse, yellow jersey winner.......

I think TS wants to know how to be a better warehouse worker, EPO is a bigger help for low weight endurance work, you will become the Lance Armstrong of the warehouse workers world................ Tour de Warehouse, yellow jersey winner.......

Lol I don't work in a warehouse. Only when I was in school

You should explain just how heavy the stuff you're lifting is.
Heaviest ive lifted solo is 250 lbs

Average is about 40 lbs

A fun window is 156 lbs..93 inches tall by 45 inches wide

Heaviest ive lifted solo is 250 lbs

Average is about 40 lbs

A fun window is 156 lbs..93 inches tall by 45 inches wide

I have a welder buddy who was 300 lb finished product around and lifting 150lb sheets of metal all day. Not exactly small weight being thrown around for 8 hrs.

I don't know where people get the idea that factory work is just light weight stuff all day.

Back