I don’t understand people who regret voting for trump

heya oleshadow!

i don't think that anyone who voted for Trump finds themselves wishing Hillary Clinton was in the West WIng instead.

the regret, if it exists, is coming from supporters of other candidates in the GOP primary who drifted over to the Trump camp hoping for things like fiscal conservatism, "repeal and replace", foreign policy isolationism, etc.

those sorts of folk are probably not entirely happy about what they're seeing.

- IGIT

I can see that but like I said I believe they don't regret Trump winning.

hi oldshadow,

yep, i don't think they regret Mr. Trump beating Mrs. Clinton for one second.

they just might regret that they voted for him in the primary over a vast field of GOP candidates (there was something for everyone. "moderate" folks like Kasich. constitutional hard liners like Cruz. fiscal conservatives like Paul. it wasn't like it all boiled down to Donald Trump or someone like Herman Cain.)

- IGIT

hi oldshadow,

yep, i don't think they regret Mr. Trump beating Mrs. Clinton for one second.

they just might regret that they voted for him in the primary over a vast field of GOP candidates (there was something for everyone. "moderate" folks like Kasich. constitutional hard liners like Cruz. fiscal conservatives like Paul. it wasn't like it all boiled down to Donald Trump or someone like Herman Cain.)

- IGIT

Yea I didn't vote for Trump in the primary but it is what it is and was, so here we are.

hi again Bamboozled,

what does that have to do with anything? lol.

i don't pay attention to the mudslinging - and a candidate's entertainment quotient doesn't much interest me (if it helps them be a more effective communicator on complex ideas, sure, its great - but i don't really need my POTUS to be an entertaining guy).

i don't know why entertainment value and the ability to fling mud figure so prominently in your metrics, my friend.

if that's all you care about, any 'ol reality show buffoon would do! why, you could elect....

nvm.

- IGIT

Both parties were focused on identity politics this election. That's plain to see. While people did vote for particular issues you can just look at the groups of people pre and post election. This isn't a GOP issue, it was an American politics issue. The only reason you're saying people have buyers remorse is because of Trump. Despite the fact I haven't heard a single leftist say they had a bad candidate.

What you think is dependent on you, what gets promoted and what the average consumer takes in does matter.

You're again, making assumptions that I am speaking on my own behalf when I am not. I speaking on the fallout of what happened in the election. I feel that you're being dishonest with me at this point.

hi Bamboozled,

Both parties were focused on identity politics this election. That's plain to see. While people did vote for particular issues you can just look at the groups of people pre and post election. This isn't a GOP issue, it was an American politics issue. The only reason you're saying people have buyers remorse is because of Trump. Despite the fact I haven't heard a single leftist say they had a bad candidate.

Sanders focused on identity politics? lol. which identity was that? you must be referring to the identity of America's middle and working classes.

what does this have to do with anything?

the reality of identity politics has no bearing on whether actual evangelicals and actual fiscal conservatives and actual constitutional conservatives now regret voting for Mr. Trump in the primary.

i'm not trying to be impolite, you seem like a nice guy, but are you being intentionally obtuse?

and you are not informed at all about what leftists do or don't say. you might start with reading this very forum, lol. there's a fair amount of lefties who had buyers remorse over Mr. Obama and his tenure as skipper, they post here too.

- IGIT

hi Bamboozled,

Sanders focused on identity politics? lol. which identity was that? you must be referring to the identity of America's middle and working classes.

what does this have to do with anything?

the reality of identity politics has no bearing on whether actual evangelicals and actual fiscal conservatives and actual constitutional conservatives now regret voting for Mr. Trump in the primary.

i'm not trying to be impolite, you seem like a nice guy, but are you being intentionally obtuse?

and you are not informed at all about what leftists do or don't say. you might start with reading this very forum, lol. there's a fair amount of lefties who had buyers remorse over Mr. Obama and his tenure as skipper, they post here too.

- IGIT

I am being obtuse? You asked me as to why I feel that one shouldn't have buyers remorse for voting for someone who has followed up for the most part on what they campaigned on. If you voted on those issues and sided with Trump due to identity politics you should have no remorse. You voted for what you decided represented you best. Identity politics is what brings in people like evangelical Christians. That was literally what the Left did in the 70s and 80s which Republicans took the bait and created this divide ever since. That was literal identity politics.

As for Bernie, his entire campaign was based on a bullshit oppressor vs the oppressed and even took on the likes of Black Lives Matter. Again, I feel like you're being dishonest with your assessment of my answers and you're being dishonest with how you want to frame your questions directed towards me.

I am being obtuse? You asked me as to why I feel that one shouldn't have buyers remorse for voting for someone who has followed up for the most part on what they campaigned on. If you voted on those issues and sided with Trump due to identity politics you should have no remorse. You voted for what you decided represented you best. Identity politics is what brings in people like evangelical Christians. That was literally what the Left did in the 70s and 80s which Republicans took the bait and created this divide ever since. That was literal identity politics.

As for Bernie, his entire campaign was based on a bullshit oppressor vs the oppressed and even took on the likes of Black Lives Matter. Again, I feel like you're being dishonest with your assessment of my answers and you're being dishonest with how you want to frame your questions directed towards me.

Bernie Sanders was not about identity politics at all. You can disagree with his policies but he and his political approach is completely and totally issues driven. He is the best man in politics today.

What you think is dependent on you, what gets promoted and what the average consumer takes in does matter.

You're again, making assumptions that I am speaking on my own behalf when I am not. I speaking on the fallout of what happened in the election. I feel that you're being dishonest with me at this point.
If you haven't seen a single person from the left say Hillary was a bad candidate you have not been paying attention

He's the greatest since Lincoln.

But people better tighten their britches because unless there's a deep societal turnaround, the Demlash will be devastating to the US.

So basically, we better be turning back to God and good sense as Trump is attempting to do, or look out because hell cometh.
<Dany07>

If you haven't seen a single person from the left say Hillary was a bad candidate you have not been paying attention

I've seen a bunch of excuses as to why she's lost and I do not recall anyone from the left who identifies as a democrat saying shes a bad candidate.

ok, objective truth:

-She used the private server because she only had 1 cell phone - the FBI found 13 devices associated with her 2 phone numbers.

One at a time. That was true. Again, you're just blindly accepting talking points. All of the points you're parroting have been debunked except the sniper fire thing. By repeating them, you're just illustrating the point for me. The path is partisanship --> need to discredit other party candidate --> portray her as dishonest despite a record of honesty --> partisans dislike. Not dishonesty-->dislike.

Now go sell someone else on her honesty Jack; I ain't buying and I'm not predisposed to just accept talking points.

Obviously you are just accepting talking points, though. There's no way you're independently concluding that someone with Clinton's record is dishonest. It's just that GOP strategists found it easier to convince rubes that a relatively honest person is a liar than they did to convince anyone that Trump was presidential material.

Obviously you are just accepting talking points, though. There's no way you're independently concluding that someone with Clinton's record is dishonest. It's just that GOP strategists found it easier to convince rubes that a relatively honest person is a liar than they did to convince anyone that Trump was presidential material.

Yeah it's not like Hillary lied over and over to the public about her home email server, it's contents and purpose like, 2 weeks before the election. Everything is on the up and up!

I mean who are you rubes going to believe? The Pro-Clinton media, or your own lying ears?

648189_v2.jpg

One at a time. That was true. Again, you're just blindly accepting talking points. All of the points you're parroting have been debunked except the sniper fire thing. By repeating them, you're just illustrating the point for me. The path is partisanship --> need to discredit other party candidate --> portray her as dishonest despite a record of honesty --> partisans dislike. Not dishonesty-->dislike.

1 at a time? As in only taking on 1 ar a time? What about the ipad?

What about sending or recieving nothing that was classified? I suppose you're still claiming those emails with classified headers were classified after the fact.

The hell you say. I've independently concluded that she was dishonest long ago. I'm not a FOX viewer, I don't listen to Rush, I'm not really even a republican, and I deplore Trump being POTUS.

The fact is that half of America think she's dishonest, and trust me half the US isn't getting it's views from talking points sources.

How does anyone who wants what's best for America not regret Trump winning? We could have had a highly intelligent, highly qualified president with a strong platform, and instead we have an embarrassment who has bungled everything he's touched so far and makes a fool of himself on social media daily.

Last edited:
1 at a time? As in only taking on 1 ar a time? What about the ipad?

One at a time as in one at a time, and multiple over a longer period of time. How is that difficult?

What about sending or recieving nothing that was classified? I suppose you're still claiming those emails with classified headers were classified after the fact.

I'm claiming what the truth is. Look it up. This has been done to death. You're just repeating propaganda points after they've already been debunked. Note that the FBI cleared her and indicated that she was honest with them.

The hell you say. I've independently concluded that she was dishonest long ago.

Well, I don't believe you. To expect me to believe that you've just coincidentally reached the same false conclusion that the right-wing media has been pushing non-stop is asking a little much.

The fact is that half of America think she's dishonest, and trust me half the US isn't getting it's views from talking points sources.

Where do you think Republicans are getting that view? Just doing their own research on comments? Surely, that's not it. 1% of Americans can name all nine members of the SCOTUS and a third don't know who the VP is, but you think people are researching factual claims often enough to reach an independent conclusion about a particular politician's honesty relative to the other ones? The flow is (candidate) is in the other party--> I dislike (candidate) --> what does the X-wing media say about why I'm supposed to dislike (candidate)?

Back