I don’t understand people who regret voting for trump

He's the greatest since Lincoln.

But people better tighten their britches because unless there's a deep societal turnaround, the Demlash will be devastating to the US.

So basically, we better be turning back to God and good sense as Trump is attempting to do, or look out because hell cometh.
Lincoln abolished slavery. Trump would support slavery.

I feel like you aren't on the up n up on politics.

Can someone summarise why Hillary was so hated? Not an American and the media here was generally quite favourable towards Hillary and extremely hostile to Trump so I'd like to hear your thoughts. Please no alien lizardwoman conspiracy theories though. Thanks.
She was having image issues from the private server thing that went on and on. She was stupid and didn't follow advice about it and gave her opponents a gift on a silver platter.

From there on it was a steady drumbeat about how she was reckless and couldn't be trusted.

Don't ask me how trump's image was rehabilitated to the point where Americans thought him worthy of the presidency. The only answer I can come up with is that we're collectively stupid as fuck

I didn't vote for him, but I know a lot of people thought he was going to drain the swamp. I also remember him promising to make the rich guys pay up - looks like he gave them another tax break.

And although most wont admit it, leaving Flynn as NSA after knowing he was subject to blackmail was either grossly ignorant or stupidly egotistic - probably both.

I'll say this. Trumpettes better enjoy that tax break and hold on to a little of it because I predict that before it expires we'll have another financial meltdown and a real conversation about the danger of the national debt. That's when regrets will set in.

If/when we have asnother financial meltdown what would that have to do with tax breaks?

What exactly is or isn’t happening that you thought thought would or wouldn’t?

He is exactly who he campaigned to be.

This isn’t a pro or anti trump thread, just don’t understand what he’s done that turned supporters away.

mexico will pay for it

ill stand up to china

lock her up

main st. over wall st.

I think most Trump voters are happy with the job he's done. I don't see all this regret you're talking about TS.

If/when we have asnother financial meltdown what would that have to do with tax breaks?

increasing spending while decreasing taxes could potentially cause all sorts of a shitstorm, if it doesnt increase consumer spending and long run tax revenue like you hope.

I think most Trump voters are happy with the job he's done. I don't see all this regret you're talking about TS.
Most Trump supporters are ecstatic to get their Big Boy pants on in the morning , not a great measure.

Last edited:
increasing spending while decreasing taxes could potentially cause all sorts of a shitstorm, if it doesnt increase consumer spending and long run tax revenue like you hope.

Well growth is really our only play when it comes to the debt. Either that or just cut everything. Then the debate becomes how to stimulate growth. I'd say we tried your way for 8yrs, time to switch it up.

mexico will pay for it

ill stand up to china

lock her up

main st. over wall st.
I might have believed stand up to Chiner, but the rest?
Jailing a political opponent?
Main street over Wall Street, from a man who's never struggled for anything?

Only a willing fool would have believed that shit.

Well growth is really our only play when it comes to the debt. Either that or just cut everything. Then the debate becomes how to stimulate growth. I'd say we tried your way for 8yrs, time to switch it up.

i dont really have a "way." im aware of my own ignorance when it comes to economics. there is no control group, and it is not a science. therefore, im willing to give plausible ideas a shot.

i dont really have a "way." im aware of my own ignorance when it comes to economics. there is no control group, and it is not a science. therefore, im willing to give plausible ideas a shot.

I think the sad reality to the situation is that there is no "way". Well outside of Jesus Christ of course. Outside of Him we are going to crash at some point and not just our economy but our entire country.

I think capitalism, free market, and democracy performs the best but it's wholly inadequate. There is no system or science to get us out of the pickle we're in. And quite depressingly there is also no system that could have prevented us from getting into this pickle to begin with.

We got through the last one burning through borrowed money. The tax breaks are going to add another $1.5t to the debt which means we will theoretically be burning through borrowed money faster - ie in a financial crises there will be very very little money headed to the national coffers.

Add that to the looming infrastructure bill that will be passed and you're possibly looking at sitting on $21t in debt and looking to borrow to keep the country floating through a meltdown.

They same people passing these tax cuts spent 8+ yrs warning everyone about the dangers of the national debt and are now pretending there was never a danger.

I think the sad reality to the situation is that there is no "way". Well outside of Jesus Christ of course. Outside of Him we are going to crash at some point and not just our economy but our entire country.

I think capitalism, free market, and democracy performs the best but it's wholly inadequate. There is no system or science to get us out of the pickle we're in. And quite depressingly there is also no system that could have prevented us from getting into this pickle to begin with.

There's always be a "science" to keep us from getting into this pickle, but it's always been ignored. You don't spend more than you make or can reasonably pay back in the near future.

Millions of American families have lived by that rule for a couple hundred years.

I'd think any patriotic American or anyone who *didn't* think Trump was a liar would regret voting for Trump.

meh. every time period has its pickles that different people are in. in many ways, the USA has never been better. there are serious problems, but each period in american history has had some serious problems.

Can someone summarise why Hillary was so hated? Not an American and the media here was generally quite favourable towards Hillary and extremely hostile to Trump so I'd like to hear your thoughts. Please no alien lizardwoman conspiracy theories though. Thanks.

She was the most popular politician in America before the campaign started. She's always had a bad relationship with the MSM, though, and being somewhat moderate, propagandists were able to portray her as a left-wing extremist to the right and a right-winger to the left. The GOP also did a good job getting multiple frivolous investigations going. Nothing turned up in any of them, but most people don't pay close attention to the news and just figure, "where there's smoke, there's fire."

She was the most popular politician in America before the campaign started. She's always had a bad relationship with the MSM, though, and being somewhat moderate, propagandists were able to portray her as a left-wing extremist to the right and a right-winger to the left. The GOP also did a good job getting multiple frivolous investigations going. Nothing turned up in any of them, but most people don't pay close attention to the news and just figure, "where there's smoke, there's fire."

Don't forget her constant lies did her no favors. No classified emails / the FBI said there were. Saying she was against TPP / she was on record as being for it. Flat broke / millionaire. Told the Benghazi families it was a video / went on tv and said she didn't tell them that.

She just wasn't a very likable candidate to a lot of Americans.

But @Jack V Savage assured me the debt isn't problematic

It wasn't on a bad path before, though you thought it was. It's now on a much worse path, but strangely you're totally OK with that. That proves definitively that you were bullshitting before and that you have no principles or ideas about policy, are not a man, and will just blindly defend the GOP no matter what. It's like the way you flipped on the electoral college right after the election.

Don't forget her constant lies did her no favors. No classified emails / the FBI said there were. Saying she was against TPP / she was on record as being for it. Flat broke / millionaire. Told the Benghazi families it was a video / went on tv and said she didn't tell them that.

She just wasn't a very likable candidate to a lot of Americans.

She didn't actually tell constant lies, and in fact, her record shows that she's one of the most honest politicians out there (compare: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/ to whomever you want). The FBI said that she did not lie, she opposed the TPP after it was finalized consistently, she was flat broke when she said she was, etc. You're just showing how easily duped you are by political propaganda.

Back