I don’t understand people who regret voting for trump

I'm actually pretty concerned about that. Trump got voted in there because we had swung so far left it was ridiculous. I'm really concerned about a but of a "revenge" election upcoming. This one was close enough to that as it is.

In a lot of ways this was a revenge election. At least for some people. But if democrats try to do that, they'll lose. Just because I don't like Trump doesn't mean I'm knocking of Oprah's door, either. Democrats need to put up a consistent candidate and run on settling down Washington. They can't drop the firearm and immigration rhetoric entirely but if they can let those issues take a back seat they can win big. They have an opportunity to win back middle-class Trump voters who were hoping for the change he promised but aren't seeing it. But those same people tend to overlap with gun-rights supports and immigration reformers.

Trump is a horrible candidate, doubly so now that he's taken office. Hillary was also a horrible candidate (tons of political baggage and a lot of it stunk). If democrats can run someone who doesn't come across as a smug elitist with a bunch of skeletons in their closet they should win. If they run Oprah or some other publicity-candidate who's going to pander to a smaller cohort, it's still a legitimate race imo.

Back