I don’t understand people who regret voting for trump

Official

OT Newcomer of the Year 2017 Nominee
@Green
Reaction score
What exactly is or isn’t happening that you thought thought would or wouldn’t?

He is exactly who he campaigned to be.

This isn’t a pro or anti trump thread, just don’t understand what he’s done that turned supporters away.

They though he would "drain the swamp".

Instead it is worse than ever.

He's the greatest since Lincoln.

But people better tighten their britches because unless there's a deep societal turnaround, the Demlash will be devastating to the US.

So basically, we better be turning back to God and good sense as Trump is attempting to do, or look out because hell cometh.

Some people who voted for him aren't uneducated ignorant "My country" "murrika" my guns" type people and realized he's a fraud.

There's nuthugging and then there's nuthugging.

giphy.gif

I'd have still been happy to have voted for Trump over Hillary. That has to be the greatest troll job of overly sensitive people in history.

But I'm Canadian, so I'm regretting having voted for Trudeau instead. It seemed like it was time to change things up. I didn't think I'd find him so much more unlikeable than Harper.

People who regret voting for Trump are silly. When you're forced to vote for the lesser of two evils and you pick the lesser of the two evils that isn't something you regret. It was a choice you had to make.

I don't see a lot of regret to be honest or supporters being turned away. I think a lot of them voted for him to "get back" at those pesky liberals, and in that aspect they are being treated well.

Only fools paid attention to the man's history and still voted for him. I have no respect for the man or the people who in my opinion endangered the country by putting him in power.

He has NEVER BEEN WORTHY of that power.

Only fools paid attention to the man's history and still voted for him. I have no respect for the man or the people who in my opinion endangered the country by putting him in power.

Who in your opinion has been worthy?

Last edited:

Which reminds me, didn't you say you were from New York before and followed him closely?

People who regret voting for Trump are silly. When you're forced to vote for the lesser of two evils and you pick the lesser of the two evils that isn't something you regret. It was a choice you had to make.
Well, you can still admit that the lesser of two evils is shit. He's as deep in with Wall Street and the MIC as Hillary ever would have been, even deeper really, because his voters support cutting taxes on the rich and tossing money at the military.

This isn’t a pro or anti trump thread, just don’t understand what he’s done that turned supporters away.

I didn't vote for him, but I know a lot of people thought he was going to drain the swamp. I also remember him promising to make the rich guys pay up - looks like he gave them another tax break.

And although most wont admit it, leaving Flynn as NSA after knowing he was subject to blackmail was either grossly ignorant or stupidly egotistic - probably both.

I'll say this. Trumpettes better enjoy that tax break and hold on to a little of it because I predict that before it expires we'll have another financial meltdown and a real conversation about the danger of the national debt. That's when regrets will set in.

Which reminds me, didn't you say you were from New York before and followed him closely?
Ayup. Not so much closely as it was unavoidable. Despite my dislike of the man, he was a very public figure.
I would put it this way: he was as famous in the city as Reggie Jackson, a name anyone would recognize. What I recall knowing him for was buildings and being litigious- he was infamously so and I may even have learned the word litigious from reading about him.

1. Said he'd "drain the swamp"

REALITY: He appoints a litany of lobbyists, corporate executives, profiteers, and generally incompetent donors

2. Said he'd fight for working people

REALITY: He slashes worker protections, opens fire on unions, and passes a tax bill that will result in the middle and lower classes paying trillions more in taxes over the next 20 years, while the upper class pays less.

3. Said he'd pass healthcare legislation that led to better care, lower costs, and higher access

REALITY: Tried to pass legislation that led to WORSE care, HIGHER costs, and LOWER access. Failed.

4. Promised undying and selfless dedication to the job.

REALITY: Vacations more than any POTUS in modern history, constantly tweets about himself and spends time on his private life, famously disregards learning about his position and public policy in general, and is just a lazy piece of shit. Also, passes tax bill that gives him, personally, billions of dollars.

5. Said he'd end the senseless war mongering of past administrations

REALITY: Expands drone usage, tries to liberalize drone application, adopts widely unpopular sanctions on Venezuela, rescinds Cuba relations, constantly pokes at North Korea and Iran - yet refuses to take action against the one country for which there are serious political concerns, because they benefit him

How much more do we need to name?

Back