I do think Conor is heading down a bad road right now.

either way Conor needs to be a lil more active in the ufc... last November was his last fight!! the 2 weight division champ needs to defend a belt like ASAP!! JS

Needs? He needs it? He doesn't need anything.

Floyd match was more important , as it would be for any combat sportsman.
And now it's up to the UFC to satisfy Conor's demands.

Conor fans don't run in with their swords out.

They arrive with their pork swords out.
Then play with each other...

True story..

Conor fans don't run in with their swords out.

They arrive with their pork swords out.
Then play with each other...

True story..

This is what you dream of when you touch yourself at night?

Conor and his fans?

Dude has 100 mil and in his free time he assaulting refs in bellator LOL

Meanwhile, he's getting more and more popular even without fighting.
Bellator rating boosted just by his appearance.

I doubt he is becoming more popular, but right now his popularity is so high reels in millions sitting on his mountain top without fighting. And he is not a moron: he knows if he steps in the ring with Ferguson, Diaz, or whoever else, there's a bloody good chance he loses his belt, and then his entire value comes considerably down. Thus, he is milking this by protracting fighting for as long as possible.

I can't blame him, but as a fan I just hope he gets stripped or, better still, loses the belt and so as to put an end to this charade.

First off, I like watching him fight. And his career could be made into a movie it was so impressive. From welfare to 100 mil 2 weight class champ by 28. I do hate his hard core fans. No shame in that. They are idiots. But right now Conor is losing his perspective, losing his fan base, and it appears loosing his sensibilities. (and I mean getting hooked on the powder, though there is no "concrete" proof) I just feel like, if nothing changes, there is going to be a crash and burn in the near future.

And I am not trolling you crazy Conor fans. So ya don't have to run in here with your swords out.

Conor is loosing? That's not bad. Let him loose a little bit!

Needs? He needs it? He doesn't need anything.

Floyd match was more important , as it would be for any combat sportsman.
And now it's up to the UFC to satisfy Conor's demands.

i get what your saying.. boxing Floyd made Conor plenty PLENTY of money, tho it would be nice to see Conor back fighting in ufc AND defend a belt!! he does like the rich life tho......

A lot of kids that he visited at hospitals, a lot of fans that meet him in person, hung out with him, think otherwise.

Guess they're all trash. Only "MartialPopTarts" isn't.

Did he meet these kids as community service for throwing cans into a crowd of people, indiscriminately hitting them?

And he is not a moron: he knows if he steps in the ring with Ferguson, Diaz, or whoever else, there's a bloody good chance he loses his belt, and then his entire value comes considerably down. Thus, he is milking this by protracting fighting for as long as possible.

I don't think so.

It's known that his money are well invested. He can take risk of losing a popularity, because he has enough in his pocket for this case.
He DOES love to fight. Win or lose, his next fight will bring more $$$ to him and to the UFC yet again.

Even after his additional loss, his persona is strong enough to promote him at whatever he does next.

I don't think so.

It's known that his money are well invested. He can take risk of losing a popularity, because he has enough in his pocket for this case.
He DOES love to fight. Win or lose, his next fight will bring more $$$ to him and to the UFC yet again.

Even after his additional loss, his persona is strong enough to promote him at whatever he does next.

Youre right in that his brand is so large even a loss wouldn't ruin it. He would still make oodles. But he would undoubtedly lose a lot of value, bargaining power, and thus money.

This happens to every champion who loses their belt. A lot of the casual fans who think Conor is interesting would lose interest after a loss. He would still draw a great deal, and would have big fights waiting for him. But right now he is at the very top of the mountain.

Youre right in that his brand is so large even a loss wouldn't ruin it. He would still make oodles. But he would undoubtedly lose a lot of value, bargaining power, and thus money.

This happens to every champion who loses their belt. A lot of the casual fans who think Conor is interesting would lose interest after a loss. He would still draw a great deal, and would have big fights waiting for him. But right now he is at the very top of the mountain.

...and I think that the next step up (possible one) for him will be the co-promotion he's speaking about.

Then if he loses and, as you mentioned, loses value of his name, his promotion will run forward.
That's why he wants it. Not because he hesitates to take a fight and uses it to stall negotiations - just to have something more. Step up, as usual.

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
1 Peter 5:8
LmC_8PzP.jpg

...and I think that the next step up (possible one) for him will be the co-promotion he's speaking about.

Then if he loses and, as you mentioned, loses value of his name, his promotion will run forward.
That's why he wants it. Not because he hesitates to take a fight and uses it to stall negotiations - just to have something more. Step up, as usual.

Co-promotion would only be for his boxing promotion and perhaps some of his product lines.

I seriously doubt the UFC will make him a partner. How much he can get out of a co-promotion deal is anyone's guess, but I would bet it would be contingent on him fighting, i.e. he gets co-promoted when and if he fights only, in the cards he competes in. Not a permanent deal which would lock the UFC up with him regardless, which would be ludicrous and of course won't happen.

I agree that those things are part of the current negotiation. But I honestly think his current peak value hinges primarily on his championship, and that if he loses his stock will suffer considerably. Of course, if he loses to Ferguson, say, he could drop back to FW and challenge for the belt, or fight Diaz and call it a day if he loses that.

There's still many fights from him. But he is one loss away from losing his present bargaining power, and two from really receding into a much lower level.

Mind you, this is all thinking of his drawing power as a fighter. I don't know how his other businesses are doing. But of course sponsorships, media coverage and advertising would all take a hit if he loses, so...

Co-promotion would only be for his boxing promotion and perhaps some of his product lines.

I seriously doubt the UFC will make him a partner. How much he can get out of a co-promotion deal is anyone's guess, but I would bet it would be contingent on him fighting, i.e. he gets co-promoted when and if he fights only, in the cards he competes in. Not a permanent deal which would lock the UFC up with him regardless, which would be ludicrous and of course won't happen.

I agree that those things are part of the current negotiation. But I honestly think his current peak value hinges primarily on his championship, and that if he loses his stock will suffer considerably. Of course, if he loses to Ferguson, say, he could drop back to FW and challenge for the belt, or fight Diaz and call it a day if he loses that.

There's still many fights from him. But he is one loss away from losing his present bargaining power, and two from really receding into a much lower level.

Mind you, this is all thinking of his drawing power as a fighter. I don't know how his other businesses are doing. But of course sponsorships, media coverage and advertising would all take a hit if he loses, so...

That would be interesting to do some research on how his businesses are doing, really.

BTW, while I mostly agree, I think if Conor loses his popularity m it would be TWO losses away, not one.
Remember, no one thinks he's unbeatable - and will look forward for the rematch that he will absolutely get, regardless who he fights next.
Also, Irish are known to support their dear win or lose, so at least this is part of a fandom he will unlikely lose.

He's a smart man. I'm sure he is investing his money wisely. Noticed he never bought any of those expensive mansions, mink coat, or even cars. They were mostly rented. He is stashing his big cash somewhere and investing wisely. He knows the fight game is short. I'm sure he's done the math and knows how much he can spend. Worry about yourself.

Conor has in addition to McGregor Sports and Entertainment Ltd at least one other company in his name called Congregor Investments Ltd. I'd imagine his purse and other revenue from the MayMac event was funneled through his two companies into stock market, real estate and other investments he may have.

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Mcgregor-Sports-And-Entertainment-Limited-547447
https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Congregor-Investments-Limited-584579

He also recently claimed that he makes $500,000 a month outside fighting.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...lf-a-million-a-month-outside-fighting-mma-ufc

I think it's safe to say that money is going to last for generations.

Haha yeah great movie. Some bum thinks he's too good for a regular job so he goes on welfare so he can train full time. He lived in his parents attic where they paid for everything he needed. It's hardly the rags to riches story Conor fans push
Some people around here might cry reading that comment. Lol

Yep Conor Mcsnotteryduck has dodged Big Tony with a well timed, beautiful, bath ready duck.

To me it seems that people in some countries are more prone to over reaction.

Conor has basically went out and had a bit too much to drink and made a bit of a cunt of himself.... it is very much a common practice in this part of the world, thankfully we've all done it (numerous times) so no ones remembers for long and it usually only results in getting the piss took out you for a wee while.

Don't get me wrong, when Conor doesn't have a fight scheduled to focus his energy he's always liable to find himself in some sort of bother, this is where John Kavanagh comes in, he is a calming influence on Conor whereas some of his other friends are the exact opposite.

Back