"I didn't think it was wrong to smoke marijuana. I have a medical card."

Cynthia Calvillo

“They say you have to be literally pretty super, super high in order to test positive the day of the fight.
"They" sound like the type of people who think pot is the next penicillin, lotta bad science going one here.

“They say you have to be literally pretty super, super high in order to test positive the day of the fight. There’s no way in hell I smoked or took any cannabis the week of my fight at all. Let alone the day of my fight.”

“They tell us, like, they’re comfortable about how much time you would need to be cleared for in-competition testing. The last time I had consumed cannabis was on Christmas Eve, which was the week of the fight."

Was she high when she gave this interview?
This was the main thing I noticed when I read it too lol

Also, Jones texted positive for come out of competition, not in competition. If he had it in his system when he fought he definitely would’ve been suspended.

it should be treated just like alcohol, they need to find a way to test if someone is high during competition not if they have a certain threshold of metabolites in their system which could be from weeks prior it's just silly
Absolutely

I am very pro-marijuana. I think it should be legalized. But an employer has the right to fire for weed related offenses, just like if you come to work drunk.

I'm 100% pro legalization but it also makes me laugh when people act like a medical weed card meant anything. Seriously, you can get an "appointment" by webcam, say you have anxiety and they'll just ship you a card and a coupon.
Wow is that easy?

I'm uk and pro legal i don't smoke it but alot of my mates do

i agree with a poster earlier treat it like tobbaco and alcohol

she says "the last time i consumed" cannabis

that rather sounds like she was eating it.

generally its accepted that eaten it takes longer to metabolize and get into the blood stream.

so its far to assume (i need to find some studies)that it will take longer to excrete as well.

eating the stuff on the 24th when you have a fight on the 30th.. probably not a good idea..

Strong contradictions lol. Ariel doesn't press her on it because he's always in softball mode.

I was happy to see Carla get the decision over her.

she says "the last time i consumed" cannabis

that rather sounds like she was eating it.

generally its accepted that eaten it takes longer to metabolize and get into the blood stream.

so its far to assume (i need to find some studies)that it will take longer to excrete as well.

eating the stuff on the 24th when you have a fight on the 30th.. probably not a good idea..
Smoking takes 2 weeks or so to get out of system?

No idea about edibles if different.

USADA has suspended multiple people now who have said they did not smoke within 24 hours of the fight and smoked days or a week out.

multiple?

well two.. in nearly three years.

Gastelum and Calvillo

How many UFC fighters smoke? Half of them? more? 250? 300?

Wow is that easy?

I'm uk and pro legal i don't smoke it but alot of my mates do

i agree with a poster earlier treat it like tobbaco and alcohol

Yes, I spent two weeks in LA last year and almost bought a weed card just for fun. You literally have websites that promise you an electronic weed card and a weed delivery to your home in an hour max.

Smoking takes 2 weeks or so to get out of system?

No idea about edibles if different.

its a threshold test not a positive/negative test.

so she only has to drop below 180ng/ml urinary concentration

I couldnt find anything last night on eaten v smoked excretion, just general (non scientific) stuff saying that it takes longer to take effect and longer to leave

“They say you have to be literally pretty super, super high in order to test positive the day of the fight. There’s no way in hell I smoked or took any cannabis the week of my fight at all. Let alone the day of my fight.”

“They tell us, like, they’re comfortable about how much time you would need to be cleared for in-competition testing. The last time I had consumed cannabis was on Christmas Eve, which was the week of the fight."

Was she high when she gave this interview?
Thank God someone else spotted this. I thought I was going crazy.

marijuana should not be illegal period and absolutely should have no sanctions

She’s an arrogant cunt who hasn’t done anything to warrant it, so fuck her. But weed should be legal on the federal level. Those who are against it are either ignorant or have some kind of financial gain for it being illegal.

186753-1515129514-wide.jpg

its a threshold test not a positive/negative test.

so she only has to drop below 180ng/ml urinary concentration

I couldnt find anything last night on eaten v smoked excretion, just general (non scientific) stuff saying that it takes longer to take effect and longer to leave
Yeah definitely longer to effect not a regular weed smoker but have dabbled. Had a edible a while ago and took an hour to kick in . Smoking is minutes
My mates who smoke it all the time said same

NSAC massively increased the threshold and these fucking people STILL manage to fail tests. <45>

Potheads: "Weed's not addictive in any way!! I'd rather use a natural plant than some mind-control shit made by Big Pharma!"

Also potheads: *unemployed because they can't stop long enough to pass drug tests*

Back