I didn't see Joanna vs Rose 2...did Joanna really win?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've read a few fight reviews and they said Joanna really won...is that true?

No, at best she won 2 rounds. She outstruck Rose, but pitter patter punches <<<< powerful punches.

She lost.

Maybe you should watch the fight. But make sure the volume is down.

She did, but sherdoggers will say she didn't cuz she's salty.

upload_2018-4-17_20-6-39.png

You could always watch the fight yourself though

<Fedor23>

I didn’t see it either. It sounds like Rose won 3-2.

Rose won 1,2,5

The judges gave her round 3 too I think but Joanna won that one

Still a pretty clear Rose win

Joanna won the fight 2, 3 , 4. Imo. It was a close fight so Im not going to bother debating it but the score cards even say so. One judge gave round2 another gave round 3 another gave round 4.

Its very concievable that she won the fight despite how wide the score cards made it seem

Close fight.... Honestly, it was a coin toss. JJ has cited the fight metrics, but that is not how a fight is judged... in terms of rounds won, I had it 3-2 for Rose. Had the decision gone the other way, I wouldn't have called it a robbery... just a really good fight from two tough ladies...

It was one of those close fights that could go either way, JJ with the higher volume and rose with the more effective strikes. I gave it to rose.

The one real difference for me is that rose always seemed in control of the fight, just a step ahead of JJ the whole time. Similar to Jones/DC 1. Bother were scoring but one was controlling the fight.

Undefeated UFC fighters are usually sore losers. It takes one loss, sometimes two, to get over it.

round 1 was close enough that 1 or 2 out of 10 prob gave it to her.

rounds 3 and 4 were probably hers.

so there you go. 10-20% think so. and 100% of her team, friends and family.

Back