I didn't realise how much the UFC missed Jon Jones | Page 2

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Willek, Feb 17, 2017.

1. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

LouisBolanos
    Agree. He was outclassing legends who were still in their prime when he was still an MMA baby. I wish he'd go back to his old form.

Blayt7hh likes this.
  2. myjohnson9 Penis belt

myjohnson9
    You down with opp yea you know me.

This is correct jones hasn't finished a fight since his gimme fight against chael. And he's looked less than spectacular his last few fights

LouisBolanos likes this.
  3. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

LouisBolanos
    Why did you quote my post? Jones isn't the GOAT at LHW because of his close decision wars. He entered the GOAT convo by outclassing and finishing legends of the sport when he was still very young, and he's only really ever had one close decision, and that's the one fight that people keep bringing up to show his vulnerability. His decisions have also been used as argument for his decline as you can see from other posters in this thread who share the same sentiment.

4. Tramero Spence Jr will KO Brook

Tramero
    I don't understand why you bringing the GOAT discussion here, I really don't care if he's considered the GOAT, I'm not a Jon Jones fan nor hater, my first post was:

I hope every fight were like Jones vs Gustafsson

in response to you saying (or at least speculating) decisions fights are meh, actually, 2 of his 3 best fights (not individual performances) went to the distance

5. SKILLBILL Red Belt

SKILLBILL
    [​IMG]

"Exciting"

6. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

LouisBolanos
    I bring up the GOAT discussion because Jones is in the GOAT discussion. And that's precisely why I brought up the recent string of decisions to show his diminished dominance. You chose to respond to that, but clearly my implied point went over your head.

Plus it makes no sense to argue for the entertainment value of Jones' decisions using one outstanding example in Jones/Gus, considering it's by far the most exciting one he's had by a country mile.

It also makes no sense that you wouldn't want Anderson to decision Leben and Griffin instead of matrixing them, considering you just said you want every fight to be a decision.

7. MMAGamblero Blue Belt

MMAGamblero
    Decisively the greatest fighter alive in mma...

8. TCanaveira Orange Belt

TCanaveira
    Still hope he gets KTFO by Rumble when he comes back.

9. Hauptstoss Break the conditioning. Defeat the globalists.

Hauptstoss
    You aren't going to see that.

10. Davey Crockett 5 Time European Champions

Davey Crockett
    <JonesLaugh>

I love a good Jones v DC build up

11. Tramero Spence Jr will KO Brook

Tramero
    I didn't say I want every fight to be a dec, I said I hope every fight were like Jones vs Gus which is different since I would never know how Silva vs Griffin would look like if the fight went to the distance, if you tell me it would look like Jones vs Gus then yes, I'd rather see that since I'm would be a neutral fan (not a fan of Silva nor Griffin like I said)

Stats are up there, 9 of the 10 GOAT fights went to the distance, you can have your opinion about what were the best fights of all time and I can have mine, so I checked Tapology for the neutral situation

[​IMG]

12. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

LouisBolanos
    And what about the top 10 list of best KOs or best subs?

Because these lists wouldn't even exist if every fight is like Gus vs. Jones. You would rather erase all KOs and subs in the history of MMA just so every fight is a decision war? Well suffice it to say your opinion is in the extreme minority. Most people would prefer to see a combination of exciting wars and great finishes.

And I still don't understand why you keep bringing up Gus vs. Jones. My original post was criticizing Jones' lack of dominance as of late as a LHW GOAT. Having exciting fights have nothing to do with dominance. Bonnar vs. Griffin is at no.2 in that list above and neither are remotely close to being considered GOAT. GOAT is about sustained dominance over elite competition. In addition to that, none of Jones' recent decisions other than Jones Gus were really all that exciting.

13. Tramero Spence Jr will KO Brook

Tramero

14. IndyCovaHart How is red belt higher than BLACK???

IndyCovaHart
    Bones needs to come back ASAP.

I can't stomach a world where George Safe Pierre is the sole "superstar."

15. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

LouisBolanos
    Not what you said. You said you want every fight to be like Gus/Jones, a decision war. Every fight being Gus Jones means erasing every KO and SUB in history.

Because Jones is closely tied to the GOAT discussion just like he's tied to legal and PED discussions? Why can't we talk about topics relevant to Jones in a thread about Jones? Where's the Sherdog rule that states that? Are you a mod or an admin who sets the rules of the heavies?

And he's clearly wrong. You keep bringing up Gus vs. Jones fight. What about OPP vs. Jones? What about Glover vs. Jones? Rashad vs. Jones? None of those were FOTN material, I only need one example to disprove the "always put on exciting fights" claim. Jones' meh decisions/lack of exciting fights are also tied to his lack of dominance as of late, which is why I'm bringing it up.

Nobody said that, don't put words into my mouth. I'm bringing it up because it's cause for concern when he returns. He's less dominant as of late than he was when he was very green, and that's reflected by his recent decision wins, some of them are pretty meh. When he returns after inactivity, how will he look? That's very relevant to TS' post, and nowhere did I say "fuck the fight unless if he's dominating". Text book straw man there buddeh.

16. LeBron Blue Belt

LeBron
    Best fighter in the world. Every sporting organization needs it's best out there competing. Crosby, Brady, Messi, me etc etc

17. Tramero Spence Jr will KO Brook

Tramero
    Every fight of every card being one of the best fights of all time instead having full snoozefest cards like UFC 208 and maybe 1 KO/sub for every 5 fights (and not even in good fights)?

Yeah, I'd take the risk, where do I need to sign?

18. KoreanZawmbie Black Belt

KoreanZawmbie
    Legit question..has he even sold a PPV in the millions? I think his avg is like 300K ppv..

Also, i cant recall a single exciting fight that he was in except the gus fight

19. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

LouisBolanos
    First a straw man and now appealing to extremes. You're just one textbook fallacy after another. That's not how you make arguments buddeh.

Who's saying having SUBs and KOs means everything else has to be snooze-fests? Nobody. What are you even talking about? Most people love KOs, SUBs and great exciting decisions. If you look at UFC card of the year candidates such as 199, they're almost always a combination of everything. Few people would appeal to extremes like you and ask for all fights to be turned into a particular type.

You also haven't addressed my other question. Does Jones always put on exciting fights? No he clearly does not. He's definitely had boring decisions as of late, especially his latest outing. What do you have to say about that?

Btw TS didn't talk about any of this in his OP, so you're violating your own "rule" by discussing issues not mentioned in the TS. Why are you doing this because according to you, we can only discuss things TS mentioned in the OP.

20. xupacabra Brown Belt

xupacabra
    oh those were the times.. sherdog boiling so often..