I cant believe they let him walk.

"deserve". You only deserve to make the money your employer is willing to pay you based upon the money you will make for your employer. If you do not like that system then go be self-employed.
He deserves to be paid on his skills and effort in what he does and there is no question that he is one of the very best in his occupation . All he lacks is a big Mouth , nothing more .
it is a sport, go and look at the top athletes in any sport . They generally get paid far more than the nobodies .

Yep! Lawler vs Rory is one of my TOP 5 favorite fights of all time.
giphy.gif

and when I read this thread title I thought it was about Jon Jones. :D
Jones me to great minds

you have no clue how much he was asking for or that bellator was willing to pay. Overpaying someone is dumb and not how UFC became a 4 billion dollar business
And it's not just "someone", it's fucking Rory, top5 WW, and arguably championship material.

He deserves to be paid on his skills and effort in what he does and there is no question that he is one of the very best in his occupation . All he lacks is a big Mouth , nothing more .
it is a sport, go and look at the top athletes in any sport . They generally get paid far more than the nobodies .
This is not a sport. Its sports entertainment without works. Sports follow hierarchies and have systems in place to get the bets to the top. UFC is a for profit company that only exist to generate profits. profits > anything else as it should be for any business. Entertainment > rankings. MMA has always been, and always will be sports entertainment.

you have no clue how much he was asking for or that bellator was willing to pay. Overpaying someone is dumb and not how UFC became a 4 billion dollar business
Yes , thats true but we are talking about Rory here ... and if Bellator can pay him what he wants , how cant the UFC?
Rory is easy a top5 WW in the World, he only lost to the very best and he has allready beat the current Champion.
And considering he has been underpaid in the past , for sure i would pay what he wants now.

Very shit move by ufc if its already official.
They lost one of their best fighter

Im a big fan of rory.
I hope he makes his money at bellator. will be good for him to have a easier fight for a couple of years for his body to recover fully.

Would really like to know how much he will get at bellator vs what the ufc offered him

This is not a sport. Its sports entertainment without works. Sports follow hierarchies and have systems in place to get the bets to the top. UFC is a for profit company that only exist to generate profits. profits > anything else as it should be for any business. Entertainment > rankings. MMA has always been, and always will be sports entertainment.
All sports are for profit.

Wow. Hadn't heard this. I'm really surprised as well.

And it's not just "someone", it's fucking Rory, top5 WW, and arguably championship material.

Over paying is overpaying, it's why other organizations have gone belly up

Rory ran his course through WW. Rory does nothing to help his value outside of just showing up to fight. Which is fine but at the same time your losing future money in your own pocket and your employer. Look at when they have done like embedded type shows with him. Talk about just doing the bare minimum. He simply just isn't very marketable and the UFC got what they could out of Rory.

I've always enjoyed watching him fight but many times it was the match up that drew me in, not Rory. In Bellator, good luck cause he is suppose to be the draw. I'll be eagerly waiting to see what kind of ratings he pulls. I have a feeling they spent a lot of money on someone that is going to fall flat on ratings. Sure his first fight will do good ratings as people want to see him in Bellator. But I'll be more interesting in his couple fights after that in the ratings. Just always makes me scratch my head when every time Bellator signs a named guys they seem to let go of a few fighters leading up to it that makes you wonder what there doing. Kind of tells me Spike has a strict budget for talent with Bellator.

Doesn't phase me at all. He was never getting that title.

Great line of thinking. UFC should just cut anyone they deem not likely to get the title and divvy up the salaries among the remaining guys on the roster...maybe keep like only 5 in each division (or something).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back