I can see why Mario thought that was a tap

He was half a second from going completely out and we all know it. It was premature and he should have made sure he was out but the outcome wouldn't change so it's not a terrible fuck up.

After that he goes unconscious then all you betas complain he was too late and shouldn't have let that happened.

Haha, agreed.

Shouldve let him pass out if everyone is just oh so sure.

Weve seen some sunk in RNCs that didnt get a tap. Rare, but they happen. You gotta be sure about this shit. Its a permanent fight record youre damaging.

Looks more like an involuntary spasm. People are mostly upset because Lee comes across a bit arrogant to some. It's ok for Conor to act like a dick, but not someone like Lee.
giphy.gif

Stupid ref interrupted Chiesa's brilliant plan to fool Lee into letting go of the choke by playing dead.
Too risky a strategy on Chiesa's part, but had it worked we'd all be calling him a genius.

Kevin Lee had no answer for Chiesa's cocoon style. He was simply entering chrysalis and Yamasaki was too ignorant to see that he was about to be a beautiful butterfly. And number one contender!

After that he goes unconscious then all you betas complain he was too late and shouldn't have let that happened.
Name one time anyone has ever complained about the ref letting a fighter go out because they refused to tap.

If you focus solely on that one hand, it does look like a tap attempted.

Obviously I can't ask Mario, but I would assume he saw more than just that one hand. He has the best view possible.

Dude chiesa went out and his body definitely made a tapping motion whether he was conscious of it or not. Also if ur good on the ground you'd know to hand fight in that position, not abandon both ur hands and just flex ur neck that's basically giving up in itself terrible technique

I don't think he thought it was a tap, he thought Chiesa was asleep because we've all seen guys and girls go out and have that 1000 yard stare and their arms go out and start convulsing. He REALLY looks like he just went out.

Chiesa will never admit it but he was 1-2 seconds from either tapping or going to sleep. Mario jumped in a bit soon but it had no effect on the outcome.

Name one time anyone has ever complained about the ref letting a fighter go out because they refused to tap.
That's the point some idiots on here actually believe he was tapping so that's my point exactly. You can't please everyone. He lets the fight continue while some people thinking he went limp/or tapped then people complain he should have stopped it sooner.

If you focus solely on that one hand, it does look like a tap attempted.

Obviously I can't ask Mario, but I would assume he saw more than just that one hand. He has the best view possible.

Look at his leg. Its goes limp at the exact same moment as he makes the tap movement. He was out. And for all you people who never been choked before, if you get air at the exact moment you go out, you recover in a split second. 3-4 seks with no air and you need some time to recover.

Body triangle should be illegal. Crazy how many fighters get caught in that. I guess they're not expecting it because it tires the legs out so much, but if you have decent cardio there is little drawback for such an advantageous position

that's what chokes do and nobody calls it too late, smh

Everyone is trying to ignore the weird arm movements. Everyone saying it was a quick stoppage conveniently refuse to address it. Blatant dishonesty. Emotional arguments.

You're blatantly ignoring my post it seems. It's only the 4th post, but you seem to think nobody addresses it. Strange.

Back