I bought a power drill today and am put off that there's a girl on the box

So true story.

Living in a condo I don't need the type of heavy duty tools i am busting Clippy's balls about above.

So a few years back I am looking for one of those pre packaged all in one tool kits that tends to have everything you might need for light duty work around the condo. I go to a Home Depot and they surprisingly have only two of those bundle sets. Of the two the better one was definitely the 'Lady Set' as it had more tools and they looked better quality and it was cheaper.

5029594368025_Z.jpg

The generic set was worse and more expensive. And as a guy who is typically secure in his masculinity I tried and tried to get over the hot pink set and buy it, as it had the better tools and was cheaper. But I just couldn't do it. I just could not buy a hot pink set and so spent more for a lesser set.

I was put to the test and failed.

<{outtahere}>

Thank you very much for this post

I would have bought them and painted them a different colour with a paint brush

Probably doesn't want to spend $300 for something he'd use sparingly.

For sure, I get it, but there are probably half a dozen choices I would pick ahead of B&D.

For sure, I get it, but there are probably half a dozen choices I would pick ahead of B&D.

For 70 dollars and all the shit that comes with it - this is a good deal for me.

For 70 dollars and all the shit that comes with it - this is a good deal for me.

I use a Dewalt 12v drill and impact everyday....you can get the drill/battery/charger for 30 bucks more.

They are independent. You know those high voltage things people touch and it makes their hair stand completely straight up? Those things have like ten thousand volts running through them but almost no amperage so it's completely harmless.

1 amp can actually stop a person's heart. Voltage is the force that pushes amps but amps are the real power.
ugh Dunning-Kruger in effect. Voltage doesn’t “run through stuff.” It is the potential for current to to flow aka movement of electrons.

If you were compare electric effects to gravity,
Voltage is you being on a cliff
Current is you falls off that cliff

Looks up Ohm’s Law, dummy.

This is quite literally my wife’s house drill. I’d say the marketing team was spot on, to be honest.

My drill is a Stanley and I haven't seen anyone mention it so I think I chose poorly as well. I'm also Canadian.

ugh Dunning-Kruger in effect. Voltage doesn’t “run through stuff.” It is the potential for current to to flow aka movement of electrons.

Compare it to water. Voltage is similar to pressure and current is similar to flow. Without pressure there is no flow. A garden hose won't flow as much water as a fire hose with the same pressure. On a cordless drill, the battery is like a tank of water under pressure. You can have a tank with a gallon of water or 5 gallons of water at the same pressure.

The lower priced tools are probably good enough for occasional use. At $70 you can buy 4 for what a Milwaukee will cost.

Voltage is the force that pushes current. I just made a figure of speech to explain the difference....dum dum.

I don’t know about the new shit, but mines old.

And it’s heavy, weight is a sign of reliability, if it doesn’t work I can hit you with it.
weight use to be a great sign of a tools sturdiness. Now with brushless mortors and microchips has taken alot of the weight out of the tools.

Hit me with that old boat achaor drill and your gonna have a pissed off individual with a titanium hammer coming at you

There's a pic of a girl on the box because that's a girls drill. You're welcome Clippy.

weight use to be a great sign of a tools sturdiness. Now with brushless mortors and microchips has taken alot of the weight out of the tools.

Hit me with that old boat achaor drill and your gonna have a pissed off individual with a titanium hammer coming at you

Back